Photo

Installing the OnDemand plugin (BBC/ITV/C4)

• Please log in to reply
266 replies to this topic

Re: Installing the OnDemand plugin (BBC/ITV/C4) #61 wortellica

• 1,370 posts

+33
Good

Posted 9 April 2013 - 20:08

Ah ok, everything work,s fine thank,s

Re: Installing the OnDemand plugin (BBC/ITV/C4) #62 Anzo

• 313 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 10 April 2013 - 18:53

these are ipk files i created myself, one is the latest .py files direct from the OnDemand git, latest files at time of posting, the one marked extras, is an ipk i created, again containing .py files, these files are a part of ViX that the plugin calls upon, but the files are not available in most other images, while trawling for the .py files, instead of the .pyo in the vix image, the python site stated that one of them was 'written out' in python 2.3

but, using these files, and the last ones i posted, OnDemand will install, and work perfectly, on OpenPLi 3.0

:)

Unfortunately I did not succeed in installing the two IPK files and got the message as attached. After that I tried with an install force overwrite the lxml ipk file version 2.2.8 r1.  But, couldn't get is installed, keeps getting an error. Any help is welcome for my DM8000.

Attached Files

Edited by Anzo, 10 April 2013 - 18:53.

Groet, André

:blink:

Re: Installing the OnDemand plugin (BBC/ITV/C4) #63 digidude

• 136 posts

+10
Neutral

Posted 10 April 2013 - 20:21

these are ipk files i created myself, one is the latest .py files direct from the OnDemand git, latest files at time of posting, the one marked extras, is an ipk i created, again containing .py files, these files are a part of ViX that the plugin calls upon, but the files are not available in most other images, while trawling for the .py files, instead of the .pyo in the vix image, the python site stated that one of them was 'written out' in python 2.3

but, using these files, and the last ones i posted, OnDemand will install, and work perfectly, on OpenPLi 3.0

Unfortunately I did not succeed in installing the two IPK files and got the message as attached. After that I tried with an install force overwrite the lxml ipk file version 2.2.8 r1.  But, couldn't get is installed, keeps getting an error. Any help is welcome for my DM8000.

install the lxml ipk from post 54 in this thread, ALL of the ipks, n posts 54 and 55 need to be installed for it to work, the ipks in post 54, are dependancies from ondemand, and 2 of those attached, are dependancies of the dependancies. the 2 seperate files, ondemand and ondemandextras are then the final files to install it once everything else is in place

DMM 2x 500s, 2x 7020Si, 600s, 800s, 500HD.

Technomate 500, 500Super, 600, 9100, 800HD, 500HD, TWIN-OE, 2T-OE, Single-OE, NANO-OE. (& all non linux)

Vu+ Duo and others :)

ALL originals, a clone free environment.

www.technomatesoftware.co.uk

Re: Installing the OnDemand plugin (BBC/ITV/C4) #64 Anzo

• 313 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 10 April 2013 - 22:24

install the lxml ipk from post 54 in this thread, ALL of the ipks, n posts 54 and 55 need to be installed for it to work, the ipks in post 54, are dependancies from ondemand, and 2 of those attached, are dependancies of the dependancies. the 2 seperate files, ondemand and ondemandextras are then the final files to install it once everything else is in place

No luck, after halve a minute I get this message:

Attached Files

Groet, André

Re: Installing the OnDemand plugin (BBC/ITV/C4) #65 stick50jr

• 95 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 12 April 2013 - 14:45

No luck, after halve a minute I get this message:

I have On-Demand working nicely, but I get your message occasionally when a stream cannot be found.  I believe this is normal.

Edited by stick50jr, 12 April 2013 - 14:45.

Re: Installing the OnDemand plugin (BBC/ITV/C4) #66 Anzo

• 313 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 13 April 2013 - 16:57

After installing a fresh and new OpenPli image (april 13) I made another attempt for installing the OnDemand plugin. I started with the dependencies and one in particular gave an error: the paython-numbers ipk didn't want te be installed. It said that there was an md5sum mismatch. Either the opkg or the package index are corrupt. I tried after that the opkg update command for this ipk, but it made no difference. The file I used is called python-numbers_2.7.2-r7.17_mips32el.ipk (from post 54). Is this the reason why OnDemand won't run on my DM8000?

Groet, André

Re: Installing the OnDemand plugin (BBC/ITV/C4) #67 Anzo

• 313 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 15 April 2013 - 16:38

Good news. After installing an older image from OpenPli (March 16) and installing the IPK file enigma2-plugin-extensions-ondemand-oe2.0_beta1_all..... YES, it's working again! Maybe something changed with dependencies in newer images from OpenPli.

Groet, André

Re: Installing the OnDemand plugin (BBC/ITV/C4) #68 mman

• 218 posts

Neutral

Posted 16 April 2013 - 18:36

I have DM 8000 with openpli 3, can someone give me the right ipk file for this plugin.

Thanks  to everyone

Re: Installing the OnDemand plugin (BBC/ITV/C4) #69 Anzo

• 313 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 16 April 2013 - 19:03

I have DM 8000 with openpli 3, can someone give me the right ipk file for this plugin.

Thanks  to everyone

Just read the topic?  :rolleyes:

Groet, André

Re: Installing the OnDemand plugin (BBC/ITV/C4) #70 Anzo

• 313 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 18 April 2013 - 18:10

And it doesn't work anymore, don't know why. Can someone understand the crashlog?

Attached Files

Groet, André

Re: Installing the OnDemand plugin (BBC/ITV/C4) #71 digidude

• 136 posts

+10
Neutral

Posted 18 April 2013 - 18:23

looks like the ITV player crashed due to being outside of the UK as well as connection timed out

DMM 2x 500s, 2x 7020Si, 600s, 800s, 500HD.

Technomate 500, 500Super, 600, 9100, 800HD, 500HD, TWIN-OE, 2T-OE, Single-OE, NANO-OE. (& all non linux)

Vu+ Duo and others :)

ALL originals, a clone free environment.

www.technomatesoftware.co.uk

Re: Installing the OnDemand plugin (BBC/ITV/C4) #72 gorski

• 1,699 posts

+46
Good

Posted 18 April 2013 - 22:23

Indeed, one needs something like Expat Shield for laptops/PCs with Windows.

Alternatively, one can set up "a guide" in one's PC and then the whole traffic for a household/home network will be using a DynDNS proxy...

But those are mostly paid for, as the free ones do not endure for long, sadly... Unless someone could disprove this, which would be appreciated!

<span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>Laziness and cowardice are the reasons why such a large proportion of men, even when nature has long emancipated them from alien guidance..." I. Kant, "Political writings" (1784)</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'><a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='http://eserver.org/p...lightenment.txt'>http://eserver.org/p...ent.txt</a>'><a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a>'>http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a></a> - the jolly text on Enlightenment, at the basis of Modernity...</span>

Re: Installing the OnDemand plugin (BBC/ITV/C4) #73 Anzo

• 313 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:59

The OnDemand plugin uses Tunlr.

Groet, André

Re: Installing the OnDemand plugin (BBC/ITV/C4) #74 gorski

• 1,699 posts

+46
Good

Posted 19 April 2013 - 13:17

I tested a few of those and if memory serves, it is not exactly flawless...

Loads people to serve with loadsa bandwidth and then...

<span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>Laziness and cowardice are the reasons why such a large proportion of men, even when nature has long emancipated them from alien guidance..." I. Kant, "Political writings" (1784)</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'><a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='http://eserver.org/p...lightenment.txt'>http://eserver.org/p...ent.txt</a>'><a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a>'>http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a></a> - the jolly text on Enlightenment, at the basis of Modernity...</span>

Re: Installing the OnDemand plugin (BBC/ITV/C4) #75 MrKappa

• 81 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 19 April 2013 - 19:32

After the installation from the panel I had the same error "no module named lxml", reported also from other people, then I have manually reinstalled the plugin using all apk's from this post here:

http://openpli.org/f...e-3#entry342440

The plugin is working fine except the common issue with itv player perhaps related to proxy server.

I see that image appear to be larger then normal, for example BBC logo is partially visible, is it possible to adjust the image format?

Edited by MrKappa, 19 April 2013 - 19:33.

Re: Installing the OnDemand plugin (BBC/ITV/C4) #76 jakey

• 129 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 2 May 2013 - 17:38

The oe-alliance guys have updated this plugin so I have updated the changed .py files. 

It all works except the menu button which when pressed shows the 'no entry' sign and won't let me enter the plugin menu.

Can someone with python knowledge please look at the ui.py and see what the problem is on my DM8000.

-[OnDemand] update GUI for main menu.

- [OnDemand] Fix OpenUitzending gemist (thanks Aux99).

- [OnDemand] fourOD Feeds Update- The feeds for fourOD have changed to need to update the plugin to use
- new menu item tag.

Attached Files

Re: Installing the OnDemand plugin (BBC/ITV/C4) #77 Anzo

• 313 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 6 May 2013 - 12:50

Finally, the mystery with OnDemand not working on my Dreambox 8000 with a OpenPli image of May 5th, has been solved. One time it worked, many other times I got een green screen. Although the crashlog never mentioned anything about the network, it seemed to cause problems. If OnDemand gives problems, I simply reset my network and the plugin works again. Maybe a tip for others?

Groet, André

Re: Installing the OnDemand plugin (BBC/ITV/C4) #78 jakey

• 129 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 11 May 2013 - 14:48

No one can help with my problem ?

@Anzo, does the menu button work for you on your 8000 ?

Edited by jakey, 11 May 2013 - 14:49.

Re: Installing the OnDemand plugin (BBC/ITV/C4) #79 Anzo

• 313 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 11 May 2013 - 20:32

No one can help with my problem ?

@Anzo, does the menu button work for you on your 8000 ?

No, it doesn't work.

Groet, André

Re: Installing the OnDemand plugin (BBC/ITV/C4) #80 gorski

• 1,699 posts

+46
Good

Posted 11 May 2013 - 20:47

Maybe with a paid VPN?

On my son's Windows laptop with Ex-Pat Shield, BBC Player etc. is OK...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users