Vu+ Solo2 CI High Bitrate Fix

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Re: Vu+ Solo2 CI High Bitrate Fix #21 Lost in Space

• 876 posts

+69
Good

Posted 9 May 2013 - 21:47

Pure assembler is always faster but for nowaday hardware the difference is not feelable - as the CPU is not running at 100% during normal code execution.

Python memory consumption is another story.

Edited by gutemine, 9 May 2013 - 21:48.

Re: Vu+ Solo2 CI High Bitrate Fix #22 buyukbang

• 185 posts

+11
Neutral

Posted 9 May 2013 - 22:25

Which part exactly you think there is a "delaying" logic? There is nothing delaying in the code.

Back to topic - Just delaying detection to give more time is not an elegant but working solution

It all started with a BigBang...

http://buyukbang.blogspot.com

Re: Vu+ Solo2 CI High Bitrate Fix #23 malakudi

• 1,449 posts

+69
Good

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:38

@buyukbang: Please upload your ipk with .py source file and without those postinst scripts. This is a board and an image that respects open source ethics and open source movement in general.

I understand someone would like to give binary only versions of a python or other type of source, if the source is a work he expects to be paid of. I am sure that with this plugin you don't expect something like that. If you enjoy enigma2 and linux that, as a project, have hundred of thouisants lines of open source, you should give your plugin as open source. You will still get the credit you deserve, don't doubt thsat. Open source community respects the work of any individual, even if it is a few lines of code.

@gutemine: Even if there are tricks to confuse python decompilers (and there are), what's the purpose? Try to realise what python for enigma2 is all about. It's about easy changes in enigma2. Changing things without need of a full build system.

And, IMHO, no enigma2 python plugin, blue panel, extension or whatever deserves to be binary only. Respecting the spirit of enigma2 and open source requires delivering sources. If you don't like sharing, don't mess with linux, enigma2 and open source in general.

Re: Vu+ Solo2 CI High Bitrate Fix #24 Lost in Space

• 876 posts

+69
Good

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:10

Please don't lecture me on how Linux community works. But this discussion is >10 years too late. As soon as commercial products like databases, firewalls, drivers etc were available on Linux without sources this discussion was done extensively and they all failed their arguments as these products have not gone away.

Edited by gutemine, 10 May 2013 - 08:14.

Re: Vu+ Solo2 CI High Bitrate Fix #25 buyukbang

• 185 posts

+11
Neutral

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:27

@malakudi,

I'm in same situation with gutamine and ask you not to lecture me, too. I'm always open to share the information and experience I've when someone asks something, but I decide how to release what I develop. No one have any right to criticize about that. I'm working on a global company that develops closed sourced application on Unix (of course not on easily decompiling python). So this argument is just time consuming, useless bulls..t.

I would always recommend not to use or deal with what I develop to those being uncomfortable about them.

BTW, thx for everyone putting lots of garbage and unrelated responses on my first message, instead of a single thank or comment. Well done!

Edited by buyukbang, 10 May 2013 - 08:31.

Re: Vu+ Solo2 CI High Bitrate Fix #26 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,331 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:31

No one have any right to criticize about that

Everyone has the right to criticize about anything... But you do not need to respond on that criticism ;)

Edited by littlesat, 10 May 2013 - 08:32.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Vu+ Solo2 CI High Bitrate Fix #27 Lost in Space

• 876 posts

+69
Good

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:41

It is a nice way to overcome the problem by checking and retrying (eg what I meant with a delay) within the python part (even when the C++ part should do better as this argument will come in a second or two).

I always admire clever ideas and sometimes it is also OK to hide some simple tricks - otherwiese the stage performance of magicians would have lots of empty seats.

Edited by gutemine, 10 May 2013 - 08:42.

Re: Vu+ Solo2 CI High Bitrate Fix #28 malakudi

• 1,449 posts

+69
Good

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:57

@buyukbang: I am sorry for you, you think your 100 lines of code in python are more important than the thousands of open source lines of code for enigma2 or linux or busybox or or or ... Putting the url of your blog in the name of the ipk file should explain everything I guess ...

@gutemine:If you think the intellectual property inside a python code that extends an already open source project, doing stuff for example like the gemini panel, is at the same level of providing a driver for nvidia or ATI graphics in Linux or in providing Oracle DBMS for Linux, then I can't say anything else in this argument, You just don't get what open source is about. As for me, I stand close to what RMS believes.

PS: My opinions are my own, they don't reflect OpenPLI's core team opinions.

Re: Vu+ Solo2 CI High Bitrate Fix #29 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,331 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:01

Isn't this about an issue that usually should be fixed within drivers???

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Vu+ Solo2 CI High Bitrate Fix #30 buyukbang

• 185 posts

+11
Neutral

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:02

@malakudi, you should be sorry for yourself. Because you still couldn't get the main idea. This is not related about line of codes or importance of code. This is what about the respect to people and what they do for others independent from the way they use.

Re: Vu+ Solo2 CI High Bitrate Fix #31 buyukbang

• 185 posts

+11
Neutral

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:03

Of course it's. This is just a workaround to make comfortable Solo2 users, like me, until VU+ developers fixes the issue.

Isn't this about an issue that usually should be fixed within drivers???

Re: Vu+ Solo2 CI High Bitrate Fix #32 Lost in Space

• 876 posts

+69
Good

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:18

Well, it always depends what you regard as valuable intellecual property :-)

And it is not only the code - as this single page shows.

It is the WHERE and WHAT to tweak to get the needed/wanted RESULT.

Re: Vu+ Solo2 CI High Bitrate Fix #33 bacicciosat

• 540 posts

+100
Excellent

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:49

do we need just

import enigma
from enigma import eTimer, eDVBCI_UI, eDVBCIInterfaces, iServiceInformation
from Plugins.Plugin import PluginDescriptor
autoStartTimer = None

def Plugins(**kwargs):
    return [
        PluginDescriptor(name = 'VUSolo2CIHighBitrateFix', description = 'VUSolo2CIHighBitrateFix', where = PluginDescriptor.WHERE_SESSIONSTART, fnc = autostart)]

def autostart(reason, session = None):
    global autoStartTimer
    print '[VUSolo2CIHighBitrateFix] autostart'
    if reason == 0:
        if autoStartTimer is None:
            autoStartTimer = AutoStartTimer(session)

class AutoStartTimer:
    ciCaids = []

def __init__(self, session):
        self.session = session
        self.timer = enigma.eTimer()
        self.timer.callback.append(self.onTimer)
        self.timer.startLongTimer(2)

def onTimer(self):

try:
            state = eDVBCI_UI.getInstance().getState(0)
            if state == 0:
                self.timer.stop()
            elif state == 1:
            elif state == 2:
                self.ciCaids = eDVBCIInterfaces.getInstance().readCICaIds(0)
                if not self.ciCaids:
                    return None
                service = self.session.nav.getCurrentService()
                if service:
                    pass
                info = service.info()
                if service is None:
                    return None
                if service:
                    pass
                info = service.info()
                if not info:
                    return None
                serviceCaids = info.getInfoObject(iServiceInformation.sCAIDs)
                for serviceCaid in serviceCaids:
                    for ciCaid in self.ciCaids:
                        if ciCaid == serviceCaid:
                            eDVBCI_UI.getInstance().setClockRate(0, eDVBCI_UI.rateHigh)
                            self.timer.stop()
                            return None
            else:
        except:

def debugLog(self, log):

try:
            f = open('/tmp/VUSolo2CIHighBitrateFix.log', 'a')
            f.write(log + '\n')
            f.close()
        except:
            pass

or something more ?

Persian Prince i think that you should groove and to learn to respect the others work and ideas.

If a person don't make public the source of one plugin you have to respect his decision.

There should be thousand of reasons because a source file is not public.

Everyone here has his own method to work. One plugin could include code of another person that asked to mantain private. Or in many cases the code is write in fast way and it is not ready to be publicated.

I know many ppl that have a kind of "shame" feeling about his way of coding and before to publicate or not sources need time to adjust code or to be more secure about himself, but often have not time to recode all his work to make it "presentable" in public.

What you think to demostrate with this kind of actions ?

Do you think to promote a kind of ethical action when you made public decompiled files ?

No. It is only a childish action for yourself comleancy. Maybe you think to demostrate how you are a good coder.

Wrong.

Many of us here weel know howto decompile sources, not python only. Many guys here know much better than you howto hack code.

Yes it really easy to decompile a python file but nobody act in this way here.

Maybe ppl decompile python sources to study other code or solutions but it take for himself respecting the choice of the author to not make public.

If you want to promote open source this is not the right way this is exactly the way that enforce ppl to increase own protection and own choices because they feel not respected.

You should learn here form OpenPli not only the skill coding and the OpenSource approach but also the respect for the other people and ideas.

Re: Vu+ Solo2 CI High Bitrate Fix #34 Lost in Space

• 876 posts

+69
Good

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:55

I agree.

Probably somebody now will decompile some of his stuff to learn him a lesson.

But maybe nobody is interested, because there is nothing to learn  :-)

Edited by gutemine, 10 May 2013 - 09:56.

Re: Vu+ Solo2 CI High Bitrate Fix #35 malakudi

• 1,449 posts

+69
Good

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:55

@malakudi, you should be sorry for yourself. Because you still couldn't get the main idea. This is not related about line of codes or importance of code. This is what about the respect to people and what they do for others independent from the way they use.

You are the one that doesn't get the idea of open source. Your 100-200 lines of source is nothing compared to enigma2 and the work people did on it on their free time. I am glad I've put 0,00001% in this project. I have also helped a bit other open source projects, like oscam. I am respectfull to people that brought those projects at a point that I can help by contributing some tiny bits of code, compared to their work.

Re: Vu+ Solo2 CI High Bitrate Fix #36 Lost in Space

• 876 posts

+69
Good

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:58

Please read your post once more as it is misleading - enigma2 was NOT done by people working on freetime - 99% of the code was done by paid people of DMM - so you should not hide behind their shoulders and use this as an argument.

Edited by gutemine, 10 May 2013 - 09:59.

Re: Vu+ Solo2 CI High Bitrate Fix #37 buyukbang

• 185 posts

+11
Neutral

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:13

You are the one that doesn't get the idea of open source. Your 100-200 lines of source is nothing compared to enigma2 and the work people did on it on their free time. I am glad I've put 0,00001% in this project. I have also helped a bit other open source projects, like oscam. I am respectfull to people that brought those projects at a point that I can help by contributing some tiny bits of code, compared to their work.

I'm not comparing my code with anything. This is your way of thinking and your idea. BTW, I've never said anything about the "Open Source soul", so why you consistently blame others about "Open Source" ? Do you paid me to work on a Open source project ? No. I'm also not a member of PLi team or any other open source team. So why you think that I "had to" release my work as open source ?

I believe, you are in a deep confusion of the moral concepts and this leads you disrespects people who releases freeware applications as a closed code project. You need to take a breath, relax and think about what you are saying and acting against who ?

Edited by buyukbang, 10 May 2013 - 10:18.

Re: Vu+ Solo2 CI High Bitrate Fix #38 buyukbang

• 185 posts

+11
Neutral

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:22

I agree.

Probably somebody now will decompile some of his stuff to learn him a lesson.

But maybe nobody is interested, because there is nothing to learn  :-)

Actually I tried to find his codes, images or something. But he deleted everything on his server :P So I couldn't find anything. May be he'll never release something again :)

Edited by buyukbang, 10 May 2013 - 10:25.

Re: Vu+ Solo2 CI High Bitrate Fix #39 malakudi

• 1,449 posts

+69
Good

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:26

@buyukbang: I have no confusion at all. I do believe it is your moral obligation to deliver source of your python plugin as a respect to the people that brought this project up to the point you had the option to add your code.
And this plugin of yours is nothing like "freeware application released as closed source project". Your work requires the existance of enigma2 and many more open source projects to have any kind of functionality.
Actually, this specific code of yours uses many GPL (and not LGPL) components (see your import list) so probably you are also violating GPL.

Edited by malakudi, 10 May 2013 - 12:44.

Re: Vu+ Solo2 CI High Bitrate Fix #40 Lost in Space

• 876 posts

+69
Good

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:51

Waving with GPL doesn't help, believe me.

I'm not feeling lonesome at the wall of shame .... and not because of immorality.

Edited by gutemine, 10 May 2013 - 11:52.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users