blinking red light freeze update fixes

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 smartZ012

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 26 June 2013 - 22:19

Hi there all,

Im posting this because of what happend to my DM500HD.

After a update true my DM500HD, the dreambox got in some error with a green screen and a error message. As it said to wait 10 sec and it will reboot itself, wel it didnt happend after 10 not even ater 1 min.

So i booted myself and it didnt return to his normal state. I could see the picture the dreambox booted, but didnt go any further and got stuck some how. Even after a coulpe of reboots i even left the light blinking for a couple of days. Still no change.

So i thought i reboot the dreambox i switched it off and turned it on by pressing and hold the power butten to see if i get the webpage site.. but no luck.

What i did to fix? here is how i did it;

What you need is the following things

- Attached File  DreamUP1339.zip   897.79KB   18 downloadsDreamUP1339.zip (unzip after download)
- Attached File  CP210x_VCP_Win_XP_S2K3_Vista_7.zip   4.97MB   25 downloadsCP210x_VCP_WinXP/win7 drivers.(unzip after download)

- and the latest openpli driver for your dreambox

- mini usb cable that fits in your dreambox and laptop (usb normal --> mini usb cable)

- and a network connection.

Step 1: Make sure your dreambox has power but switched off and lan cable connected

Step 2: install Attached File  CP210x_VCP_Win_XP_S2K3_Vista_7.zip   4.97MB   25 downloadsCP210_VCP drivers for getting a special com port for your dreambox

Step 3: connect the mini usb cable between your laptop and dreambox.

Step 4: Execute the Attached File  DreamUP1339.zip   897.79KB   18 downloadsDreamup1339

Step 5: it will prompt a screen

Step 6 Select the PORT to COM 4

Step 7 Use network tagged( this is needed to enter the webpage)

Step 8: If you did step 6 and 7 press connect

Step 9: In the log in the white area part, it will prompt a message

please turn you dreambox on

Step 10: DONT PRESS FLASH !!! AT ALL!!!!

Step 11: let it do his stuff and after a while it will display a new

message, saying HTTP page done.

Step 12: Open your browser and type in the adress that is displayed in dreamup under the section REMOTE IP

Step 13: Then you get the know screen you have been waiting for.

Step 14: You should get a web page for the dreambox. At the bottom is a link that says "Upgrade firmware", follow this link.

Step 15:Select the image .nfi file with the browse button, and press the "Flash" button.

Step 16:Also press the "reboot when finished" button, so that the box will restart once the update is ready.

This is where is should reboot give it a couple of min like 10 min. then you can switch off the dreambox. Unplug the USB cable and turn the dreambox on. From this moment should be booting, and displaying the image :).

BE WARNED THIS METHOD DELETES EVERYTHING ON YOUR DREAMBOX MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A BACK UP OF THE CCCAM OR WHAT EVER YOU USE!!

Well i hope this helps some in case you still have questions, i will try to direct and help as i can. For me i did this pacience and alot of google.

And unfortunely i couldnt find a good troubleshoot. so with a bits and pieces and a bit of knowledge this is how i fixed.

GOOD LUCK :)!!

Re: DM500HD #2 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27,388 posts

+393
Excellent

Posted 26 June 2013 - 22:24

Welcome to the OpenPLi support board.

What's so special about this?
After a clean flash it's normal that all your data is gone.

Mijn schotel is een T90 met 10 LNB's. Daarnaast voor de fun nog een draaibaar systeem met een Triax TD 78.

Dreamboxen heb ik niet meer echt actief. Verder heb ik ook nog een een VU+ duo2 met 500Gb harddisk + een VU+ Uno, Zero, Solo 4K, Ultimo 4K, Zero 4K, Uno 4Kse. + ook nog een Xtrend ET7x00. Daarnaast heb ik ook nog diverse andere modellen w.o. een Formuler F4, ET8500, ET7500, Mut@nt 2400HD, Xsarius Fusion HD se en verder nog wel het e.e.a. waarmee op verzoek vanalles wordt getest. Iemand moet het tenslotte doen. ;) :)
Los van de eerder genoemde modellen heb ik nog wel een rits aan testsamples als Mut@nt 2400HD, HD60, GB UE4K, GB Trio4K, Maxitec Multibox combo en Twin, Octagon sf8008, sf8008 mini en last but nog least enkele modellen van het Grieks Duitse Edision.

Voor centrale opslag van media gebruik ik een Qnap 219P 
met tweemaal 2 Tb harddisks + een Synology DS414 met 12 Tb Totale opslag.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: Just one click away from this "solutioncentre".

Als ik alles al wist hoefde ik ook niets te vragen. If I had all the knowledge I had no questions at all.

Re: DM500HD #3 smartZ012

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 27 June 2013 - 15:52

The special is that my Dreambox crashed after I did an update. the sysem didn't work anymore. It was still possible to login, but couldn't get into the webinterface after push the power button. It was mentioned that al the data was cleared and not all users are aware that the data is cleared after doing this. :)

Het speciale er aan is dat mijn dreambox gecrashed was na een update .. systeem werkte niet meer. Ik kon eventueel wel inloggen e.d. maar kon hem niet meer in zijn installatie krijgen met de power button. Het enige alternatief is het bovenstaande. En het staat erbij dat het ook je gegevens wist, omdat bepaalde gebruikers het alsnog niet weten als ze dit soort dingen doen.

Edited by Frenske, 27 June 2013 - 16:34.
Please use the right language. I added the English translation this time. ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blinking red light, freeze, update, fixes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users