vu+ solo2 openwebif VLC

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Re: Streaming Openwebif to VLC #21 Robinson

• 2,616 posts

+30
Good

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:50

Is it possible, using XBMC, to stream outside LAN with a poor upload of below 1 Mbit/s?

I mean, can XBMC be used as a server on the computer within LAN and then could I watch it away from home?

At the moment I cannot do it using simply OpenWebif because of the very limited upload (in my case it is ET9000, not Solo2).

Edited by Robinson, 25 July 2013 - 07:51.

ET9000, OpenPLi 4.0, 13E, 19E

HD51, OpenPLi 6.2, 75E - 30W

Re: Streaming Openwebif to VLC #22 ajeeb

• 385 posts

Neutral

Posted 25 July 2013 - 15:00

never tried to stream outside LAN ,anyway I think this job is for VLC.

ET9000,DM500s+usbTTdvb-3600 ,DVB2000,Humax5400, MACbook PRO retina 13", MAC pro 2 x Quad XEON-2.8GB , 8GB ECC, 4TB+FusionDrive(SSD) , LG-24FHD, HD6870,Debian server

"Since the dawn of our species, Man has been blessed with curiosity"

Re: Streaming Openwebif to VLC #23 Huckerby

• 1 posts

Neutral

Posted 3 September 2015 - 12:47

vu+ solo se device openpli 4.0 stream is not working. how to fix ! In another image stream no problem.

Re: Streaming Openwebif to VLC #24 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,070 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 3 September 2015 - 14:43

Streaming is the same as recording, by default the VU+ Solo SE is not foreseen to record.  No record, no stream... so you need to install the PAU module if you want to be able to record on a VU+ Solo SE (and since record = streaming...)

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Streaming Openwebif to VLC #25 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 5 September 2015 - 16:46

Or even better, return it to the shop, because they didn't mention this fact to you. Using pau is illegal.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Streaming Openwebif to VLC #26 nautilus7

• 229 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 5 September 2015 - 19:33

So there is a new trend with openpli receivers not able to stream dvb services via LAN? Why does this happen? Where can I find information about which receivers support streaming and which does not?

Re: Streaming Openwebif to VLC #27 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,544 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 5 September 2015 - 21:41

This has nothing to do with OpenPLi.

The manufacturer has produced and licensed this particular box WITHOUT the capacity to record (= to stream). There is no support for it in the closed-source drivers supplied by the manufacturer. If you were not told this by your vendor, you have bought the wrong product, and you should complain to your vendor.

You're barking up the wrong tree...

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Streaming Openwebif to VLC #28 nautilus7

• 229 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 6 September 2015 - 01:21

Am I the one who barks or you 're not refereing to me?

Anyway. So it's only this box? Other VU+ box like "zero" support streaming? What about "solo se v2"? Does it support streaming?

Thanks.

Re: Streaming Openwebif to VLC #29 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 6 September 2015 - 08:06

See here:
http://forums.openpl...ndpost&p=502066
Xtrend ET-9200, ET-8000, ET-10000, OpenPliPC on Ubuntu 12.04

Re: Streaming Openwebif to VLC #30 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 6 September 2015 - 09:13

Am I the one who barks or you 're not refereing to me?

Yes you're the one (amongst others) that is barking...

Nothing of this has anything to do with OpenPLi.

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Streaming Openwebif to VLC #31 nautilus7

• 229 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 6 September 2015 - 10:49

My friend, by writing "openpli receivers" I mean receivers supported by openpli to focus the discussion on these receivers and not generally to all receivers, because I am not interested in other receivers not supported by openpli. I NEVER wrote that it is openpli's fault. Did I?

Re: Streaming Openwebif to VLC #32 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 6 September 2015 - 10:55

It's only relevant to two of the twenty-eight models...

Re: Streaming Openwebif to VLC #33 dAF2000

• PLi® Ex-Leden
  • 14,151 posts

+52
Good

Posted 6 September 2015 - 11:24

My friend, by writing "openpli receivers" I mean receivers supported by openpli to focus the discussion on these receivers and not generally to all receivers, because I am not interested in other receivers not supported by openpli. I NEVER wrote that it is openpli's fault. Did I?

I think there's some miscommunication. "Barking up the wrong tree" was not meant as a personal attack, I assume. Just read it as "we can't do anything about it".

Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: http://openpli.org/wiki

Re: Streaming Openwebif to VLC #34 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,544 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 6 September 2015 - 12:08

Correct.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Streaming Openwebif to VLC #35 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 6 September 2015 - 12:16

Yep.

Re: Streaming Openwebif to VLC #36 nautilus7

• 229 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 6 September 2015 - 14:21

OK, no problem, either way!

p.s. those damn phrasal verbs... never liked them...

Re: Streaming Openwebif to VLC #37 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,070 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 6 September 2015 - 17:29

Hi,

In this supported STB comparison page:

http://wiki.openpli.org/comparison

I think that this recording/streaming problem should be clearly stated. Because it is not because a box doesn't allow internal HDD that automatically it doesn't allow recording on a network share for exemple.  So I think that you should add lines for recording, streaming support (in the same way as you do with transcoding).

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Streaming Openwebif to VLC #38 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 6 September 2015 - 18:00

The manufacturer should mention this fact.

Anyway, the wiki is publicly writeable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users