←  [EN] Third-Party Development

Forums

»

how compile mplayer for vuuno ?

Erik Slagter's Photo Erik Slagter 27 Sep 2013

What is exactly not clear about our statement that the problem is caused by a driver bug? A driver that we have no source code of and we cannot possibly fix?

betacentauri's Photo betacentauri 27 Sep 2013

First you should flash a fresh image and use the normal media player. Install no plugins. Does the error still occur?
(You can make a complete backup before, so you can flash it back after the test).

@Erik: Isn't it a little bit strange that it works with gst-launch without problems? I know it could be nevertheless a driver bug but perhaps also not...

cml's Photo cml 27 Sep 2013

What is exactly not clear about our statement that the problem is caused by a driver bug? A driver that we have no source code of and we cannot possibly fix?

Erik:  

-There is no driver bug !!!!the  bug is in the media player interface.....

-The driver & gstreamer work fine when executing in the command line....

First you should flash a fresh image and use the normal media player. Install no plugins. Does the error still occur?
(You can make a complete backup before, so you can flash it back after the test).

Ok , i will try this , tomonrrow !!  

please dont forget to post how to activate logging, so i can capture the error...

thanks betacentauri

Edited by cml, 27 September 2013 - 12:15.

Erik Slagter's Photo Erik Slagter 27 Sep 2013

@Erik: Isn't it a little bit strange that it works with gst-launch without problems? I know it could be nevertheless a driver bug but perhaps also not...

There are at least two explanations for that:

- one of the two use the alsa interface, the other the dvb audio sink (which vuplus now also supports)
- the alsa interface gives bogus capabilities, which we've seen before.

Good point!

@cml: Can you please start the gst-launch command with added "-v" option and post the output. Then we should be able to see whether alsasink or dvbaudiosink is used.

here it is the log file...

Attached Files

• Attached File  log.txt   55.04KB   5 downloads

pieterg's Photo pieterg 27 Sep 2013

ok, gst-launch is using alsasink.

So the bug is triggered by pcm playback via the dvbaudiosink.

Then please try to execute this:

gst-launch filesrc location=/media/hdd/tacho/flac/Inti-Illimani_-_Antologia_I/01_-_Alturas.flac ! decodebin ! dvbaudiosink -v > /hdd/flac.txt 2>&1

This uses the dvbaudiosink which is also used when you run e2. I guess the debug environment variable (see here http://docs.gstreame...Debugging tools) is currently not necessary. Try to reproduce it first.

cml's Photo cml 28 Sep 2013

gst-launch filesrc location=/media/hdd/tacho/flac/Inti-Illimani_-_Antologia_I/01_-_Alturas.flac ! decodebin ! dvbaudiosink -v > /hdd/flac.txt 2>&1

Here it is the log

Attached Files

• Attached File  flac.txt   36.13KB   12 downloads

betacentauri's Photo betacentauri 28 Sep 2013

Does the error occur always?

What happens when you use decodebin2 instead of decodebin?

cml's Photo cml 28 Sep 2013

gst-launch filesrc location=/media/hdd/tacho/flac/Inti-Illimani_-_Antologia_I/01_-_Alturas.flac ! dec
odebin2 ! dvbaudiosink -v > /hdd/flac2.txt 2>&1

i attach the log

Attached Files

cml's Photo cml 2 Oct 2013

Any ideas ?  please dont leave me here with this bug...

Ive updated to last nightly build , openpli 4.0  , i am testing it .....

Erik Slagter's Photo Erik Slagter 2 Oct 2013

Why don't you use gst-launch then?

betacentauri's Photo betacentauri 2 Oct 2013

Well, it's not really a user friendly solution, because you'll have to stop enigma2.
Edited by betacentauri, 2 October 2013 - 17:09.

Erik Slagter's Photo Erik Slagter 2 Oct 2013

If you use purely the alsa sink, that would not be necessary afaik. The dvb audio sink will be in use by enigma, but enigma(/gstreamer) doesn't use alsa. Even if it would, there are plenty of ways to share an alsa device.

betacentauri's Photo betacentauri 2 Oct 2013

My bad. You should be right. But I cannot test it, because I have no VU+ box.

pieterg's Photo pieterg 2 Oct 2013

Ask vu+ to fix this issue, and until they do, remove the pcm caps from the dvbaudiosink, so the alsasink will be used instead.

cml's Photo cml 3 Oct 2013

very strange , found that :

if tv screen is off , media player will finish the song , but stop playing....

Ask vu+ to fix this issue, and until they do, remove the pcm caps from the dvbaudiosink, so the alsasink will be used instead.

f you talk about capitol: caps , in what file ?    :)

Thanks, pieterg ...

pieterg's Photo pieterg 3 Oct 2013

simplest solution: remove the --with-pcm from the machine.conf, and rebuild gst-plugin-dvbmediasink