+3
Neutral

Posted 27 September 2013 - 22:57

Hmm, very strange

openpli 4 dm8000

dm8000 login: root
Password:
root@dm8000:~# mgcamd
tuxbox mgcamd v1.35a by mixvt (compiled Jan 26 2010 15:59:20)
[mg] Net:27:7:0:5s Show ecm:1, emm:0 Up:1 Au:0 Dir:0 Osd:no:80:0 Cache:0 Log:2:172.16.1.1:28007 Reread:4
[mg] Ecm cache time: 15
Box type: mips dreambox (dm7025, dm800)

Re: mgcamd #22 theparasol

• 4,157 posts

+198
Excellent

Posted 27 September 2013 - 23:10

Another openssl patched box if you ask me. Just keep on using old shit and keep patching. Some day you will run into something that doesnt run stable and cant be patched either.

@Camping: ZGemma H.2S, Technisat Multytenne 4-in-1 @Home: Edision Mini 4K, Wave Frontier T55, EMP Centauri EMP DiSEqC 8/1 switch, 4x Inverto Ultra Black single LNB

Re: mgcamd #23 jakey

• 129 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 27 September 2013 - 23:22

So just adding libcrypto.so.0.9.8 to /lib makes it a patched box ?

Why the attitude in this thread ?

Re: mgcamd #24 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:48

Because we are a bit tired of users who want to watch for free (otherwise you'd be using CCcam) and require us to be supporting that. For watching legally you don't need mgcam and mgcam doesn't fit into a new, updated build environment, like OpenPLi 4, so it's dropped. That's all. No need to keep dragging legacy until the end of times.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: mgcamd #25 jakey

• 129 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:42

Wow, what an assumption and how hypocritical, as you well know CCcam is capable of exactly the same functions as mgcamd if that's what one wanted to use it for, as the majority of pay servers use CCcam why do you single out mgcamd users as using it for illegal purposes ? but glad to know that you 'assume' supported CCcam users would never do anything illegal.

FYI I have always used mgcamd along with newcs, far more reliable than CCcam imho, ok I understand your legacy argument but how you make this assumption that anyone using mgcamd must be doing illegal stuff is beyond me, better not to assume peoples intentions and accuse them of doing something illegal unless you know for sure.

Sorry to see you adopt the same 'like or lump it attitude'  as DMM.

Re: mgcamd #26 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:47

Interpret my explanation like you wish.

Fact is that CCcam does incorporate in up-to-date build environments succesfully and fact is that CCcam will happily read almost any subscriber card.

These are the only two considerations. Softcams that stopped working have been dropped before.

If that makes us DMM-like, that's your call.

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: mgcamd #27 jakey

• 129 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:27

OK then we'll leave it at that, I have no wish to get into prolonged discussion as obviously it's a Pli team decision and at the end of the day we will have to accept that.

Can you explain to me then why mg works for me with Pli 4 as queried over a week ago here http://openpli.org/f...ndpost&p=374487

I assure you I don't have a patched image of any sort as a poster above 'assumed' and I'm certainly not smart enough to do any patching myself. I just used a nightly build to which I added libcrypto.so.0.9.8 or does this constitute 'patched' ?

Edited by jakey, 28 September 2013 - 10:28.

Re: mgcamd #28 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:01

What softcam you install or what (deprecated/unsafe) libraries you need to install to make that work, is really no concern of us, please do as you like.

I am sure several mgcamd fans already found a workaround and you will find it if you look around a bit.

Re: mgcamd #29 mirakels

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 7,599 posts

+62
Good

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:21

I assure you I don't have a patched image of any sort as a poster above 'assumed' and I'm certainly not smart enough to do any patching myself. I just used a nightly build to which I added libcrypto.so.0.9.8 or does this constitute 'patched' ?

exactly. so you are smart enough to do any patching after all.

So the whole reasoning is that openpli does not want to use legacy (sort of deprecated) libraries. Enough softcams are available for openpli4 to use the subscription cards. If you have special functions for which you need other softcams that is fine, but not supported from the base image. Workarounds exist as you already experience. So everybody should be happy.

Geen wonder... Had slechts een dm7000, maar wel ook een rotor. eigenlijk al een tijdje ook een dm600 en dm7025. Maar nu kijkend met een et9000 en vuduo

Re: mgcamd #30 jakey

• 129 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 28 September 2013 - 13:14

Well, there ya go then, we finally get to the bottom of it, thanks for the responses, perhaps this will now stop all the questions about mg. :)

Why this info couldn't be said from the start so it's clear to everyone instead of getting all shitty about it.

So we've all been using unsafe software for years and no body says a word about it until now ?

Edited by jakey, 28 September 2013 - 13:16.

Re: mgcamd #31 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 28 September 2013 - 13:42

So we've all been using unsafe software for years and no body says a word about it until now ?

The bugs weren't known then and there was no new version yet to fix the bugs. Libraries implementing security "stuff" are always very interesting for malicious hackers and they tend to find exploits about monthly, which are fixed asap and a new version is released. Imagine how bad things are with a library of several years old.

Re: mgcamd #32 jakey

• 129 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 28 September 2013 - 14:27

OK Erik, thanks for info.

One last question.

Please understand this is a learning exercise for me :)

I just discovered linking to libcrypto.so.1.0.0 also works instead of using the actual old library binary so does this still make things vulnerable ? 

Edited by jakey, 28 September 2013 - 14:29.

Re: mgcamd #33 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 28 September 2013 - 14:30

This may or may not work, it's not guaranteed, the api may have changed.

Re: mgcamd #34 Alias1

• 575 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted 28 September 2013 - 14:44

FFS Some people are just plain lazy try this one modded 1.35a version to run on Pli 4.0.

Asuuming I get positive feed back ie it works I will make a ipk file for those even more lazy

Attached Files

Edited by Alias1, 28 September 2013 - 14:46.

DM800se Vu+Duo ET-9000 Vu+Ultimo

Re: mgcamd #35 jakey

• 129 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 28 September 2013 - 14:47

It works for now so I'll leave at that, thanks.

Re: mgcamd #36 jakey

• 129 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 28 September 2013 - 14:50

I'm not capable of modding mg, I'm also not lazy though.

Thanks for the file though I'll give it a go.

EDIT: Yes it works.

FFS Some people are just plain lazy try this one modded 1.35a version to run on Pli 4.0.

Asuuming I get positive feed back ie it works I will make a ipk file for those even more lazy

Edited by jakey, 28 September 2013 - 14:53.

Re: mgcamd #37 jakey

• 129 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 28 September 2013 - 15:06

So that's it then, there can surely be no more moaning from users or Pli team :)

Was it just a case of using a binary editor and changing the name ?

Re: mgcamd #38 Alias1

• 575 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted 29 September 2013 - 00:31

Well due to popular demand here is a version of mgcamd that will run on Pli 4.0 ONLY.

The binary in mgcamd has been modified to look for the correct library file.

Have fun this can also go on the Pli downloads for Pli 4.0 should those in power whish it :)

Attached Files

DM800se Vu+Duo ET-9000 Vu+Ultimo

Re: mgcamd #39 mirakels

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 7,599 posts

+62
Good

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:34

Certainly not like this. There is no way to see it is a patched version only for openpli-4 from the outside (and maybe not even from the inside (e.g. description?) i did not download an look inside))

openpli 3 and 4 3rd-party downloads are shared so if this is oenpli-4 only it should be clear somehow from the outside will it ever have a change to make it into the 3rd-party feed.

Geen wonder... Had slechts een dm7000, maar wel ook een rotor. eigenlijk al een tijdje ook een dm600 en dm7025. Maar nu kijkend met een et9000 en vuduo

Re: mgcamd #40 Ferrett

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:42

Having just upgraded to Pli-4 this morning I can report that this mgcamd ipk works a treat and I am certainly getting faster lock on after channel changes than I was previously using Pli 3. I think this is the best image out there. Many thanks for the image and also many thanks for this mgcamd mod. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users