Photo

Problem with a repeated timers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 alex_z

• 1 posts

Neutral

Posted 4 October 2013 - 08:09

I've faced with the serious problem while using a repeated timers.
While my vu+ uno is in standby mode, the recording works fine, but if the receiver is in "power on" state and selected channel is different from the required one, then recording occurs once only and all subsequent recording events fails.
After editing timer or restarting enigma the above-described situation repeats: the first recording is successful, but all subsequent ones are fails.
After looking in the code, I've found that the reason is in the 'first_try_prepare' variable.
This variable affects on possibility of the RecordTimerEntry.activate() to switch to the channel, required for recording. Initially 'first_try_prepare' set to True. So, if current channel isn't the required one, then RecordTimerEntry.activate() switches to the required channel. But this method also sets the 'first_try_prepare' variable to False. So on subsequent recording events RecordTimerEntry.activate() can't switch to the required channel.
To fix this problem we have to revert the 'first_try_prepare' variable to True after recording event.
I've decided to do this in the RecordTimer.doActivate (see attached patch), but may be to do this in the TimerEntry.processRepeated() or TimerEntry.timeChanged() is a better idea.

Could anybody commit this patch?

Attached Files

Re: Problem with a repeated timers #2 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,045 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 4 October 2013 - 17:58

I've pushed it, seems like a sensible change.
Real musicians never die - they just decompose

Re: Problem with a repeated timers #3 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,274 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 4 October 2013 - 18:31

Thanks!!!

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users