Jump to content


Photo

E1 build fails

build enigma1 dm500

  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 pr.malek

  • Member
  • 4 posts

0
Neutral

Posted 16 October 2013 - 00:35

Hello,

 

I'm new to openpli developement, trying to build Enigma 1 for dm500 using Debian 7.2 x32.

 

I did make sure to install all dependency, "svn co" of the sourceforge repository, and started the build using "make_cdk_image".

It takes about 40 min, but the yielded img files's size is about 1.8 MB.

 

looking at buildlog.txt, I see this error:

 

/bin/sh ./libtool --mode=compile --tag=CC powerpc-tuxbox-linux-gnu-gcc   -g -O2 -DSQLITE_OS_UNIX=1 -I. -I./src -D_HAVE_SQLITE_CONFIG_H -DNDEBUG   -DSQLITE_THREADSAFE=0 -DSQLITE_THREAD_OVERRIDE_LOCK=-1 -DSQLITE_OMIT_LOAD_EXTENSION=1  -c sqlite3.c
./libtool: 1564: ./libtool: preserve_args+= --tag CC: not found
./libtool: 1: eval: base_compile+= powerpc-tuxbox-linux-gnu-gcc: not found
./libtool: 1: eval: base_compile+= -g: not found
./libtool: 1: eval: base_compile+= -O2: not found
./libtool: 1: eval: base_compile+= -DSQLITE_OS_UNIX=1: not found
./libtool: 1: eval: base_compile+= -I.: not found
./libtool: 1: eval: base_compile+= -I./src: not found
./libtool: 1: eval: base_compile+= -D_HAVE_SQLITE_CONFIG_H: not found
./libtool: 1: eval: base_compile+= -DNDEBUG: not found
./libtool: 1: eval: base_compile+= -DSQLITE_THREADSAFE=0: not found
./libtool: 1: eval: base_compile+= -DSQLITE_THREAD_OVERRIDE_LOCK=-1: not found
./libtool: 1: eval: base_compile+= -DSQLITE_OMIT_LOAD_EXTENSION=1: not found
./libtool: 1: eval: base_compile+= -c: not found
libtool: compile: you must specify a compilation command
libtool: compile: Try `libtool --help --mode=compile' for more information.
make[1]: *** [sqlite3.lo] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/malek/Desktop/pli/cdk/cdk/sqlite-3.6.4'
make: *** [.sqlite] Error 2

 

I verified the md5sum of most of the downloaded files in the Archive folder , and they were the same.

I have no idea what to do now.

buildlog.txt is attached.

 

Thanks for your help.



Re: E1 build fails #2 pr.malek

  • Member
  • 4 posts

0
Neutral

Posted 16 October 2013 - 18:58

Since building sqlite is causing the problem, I thought: why not get rid of it ?

I ended up removing it, removing dp_epg, and removing sqlite's dependency from epgstore.cpp (forcing eEPGMemStore instead of eEPGSqlStore).

Hopefully nothing essential.

 

The build process yielded now a 5.0MB img file, I did not test it yet, but it seems legit.

 

md5sum of sqlite-3.6.4.tar.gz: B9832CD8734D4568E384E1C60B50C92F

(verified with same file from other sources)

 

I'm interested to see what do you believe caused the problem.



Re: E1 build fails #3 pieterg

  • PLi® Core member
  • 32,766 posts

+245
Excellent

Posted 16 October 2013 - 19:08

The cdk build really sucks, it has a lot of build system dependencies, and the resulting image will be different, depending on which type of build system you're using. (that is, if the build succeeds at all)
This, combined with the fact that the hardware it was intended for is a bit outdated, is the reason that most people here have not tried their hands on a cdk build for the last couple of years.
For the last 5 years or so, we have been happily using bitbake (with openembedded metadata) for our crossbuilds.
(however, we never added proper support for old devices with really small NOR flashes, such as your dm500)

Re: E1 build fails #4 pr.malek

  • Member
  • 4 posts

0
Neutral

Posted 16 October 2013 - 22:09

Well, after spending a few hours with the cdk, I came to the same conclusion, nevertheless I'm impressed by the amount of work put into it, and the stability on the device.

 

I can compile and test simple programs now, which is fine for me.

 

I'm looking forward to learn about deploying to the device. The wiki is lacking. But this is more about linux than openpli.



Re: E1 build fails #5 Sjaaky

  • Senior Member
  • 7,442 posts

+41
Good

Posted 16 October 2013 - 22:16

Deploy is easy, just copy files with ftp or ssh.
But I advice flash wizard pro 6.3 to mount a nfs share as root. Since it gives you much more space and gives you a 100% writable root filesystem.

Re: E1 build fails #6 pr.malek

  • Member
  • 4 posts

0
Neutral

Posted 17 October 2013 - 00:17

I used the web interface to mount a windows share to /media/hdd (shared also with the build machine)

On the build machine: it is a simple 'make' then 'cp'

on the dreambox: 'chmod' then run

 

I'm not sure if using flash wizard pro has more to offer compared to this method.

 

I was considering creating a plugin for later distribution, but it seems that a simple binary + a script/howto is more then enough.



Re: E1 build fails #7 dAF2000

  • Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 14,136 posts

+52
Good

Posted 18 October 2013 - 20:04

If you just build a (modified) enigma binary, your way of working is fine. If you want to deploy a whole image including all libraries etc. Flashwizard is a better way. In case you flash a damaged image you can easily switch to a working image.


Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: http://openpli.org/wiki





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users