Photo

Problem Mounting NFS

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jenna

• 9 posts

Neutral

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:45

Hi Guys, I have a USB HDD attached to my TP-Link router. This acts as a UPnP and works great using VLC on computers on my home network for storing and replaying movies. I would like to be able to mount it to my Dreambox 500. However i have not had any success yet having tried many combinations of settings using the Enigma Web Server. Hope someone out there can help me.

Re: Problem Mounting NFS #2 serdeliuk

• 315 posts

+18
Neutral

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:58

Hello,

If your hard drive is acting alike an upnp device probably have a network port and a web interface for misc. settings.

Please let us know your HDD model and the method used to connect it to your DM500.

Best regards,

Marc

init 2 && init 3

init 2 && init 3

Re: Problem Mounting NFS #3 jenna

• 9 posts

Neutral

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:36

The HDD is an external USB drive. It's a Hitachi actually. The router that it is attached to is TP-link TL-WRD4900. All my home computers and Dreambox 500 are connected to the same network. I am able to create  CIFS mounts onto the Dreambox using the internal drives of the computers. However I want to be able to mount the HDD attached to the router so that I don't need to power up another computer.

Re: Problem Mounting NFS #4 serdeliuk

• 315 posts

+18
Neutral

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:07

Hello,

In your case you need to set the router to provide the right file system you need, in your case the NFS, but if your router already shared the DLNA service you can use on your DM500 the vlc-plugin "nigma2-plugin-extensions-vlcplayer" to read what is shared through DLNA on your router.

I assume that you require to see media content from your hard disk.

Also, if you insist to mount the hard disk through NFS protocol provided by your router and you have ssh access on your DM500 you sould verify if all drivers are installed.

You can use through SSH the following commands

# the folowing command will show all installed nfs related programs

opkg list-installed | grep nfs

If the above will not output anything, you probably dont have nfs tools installed, you will need to see if any is available for your OpenPLi version, use please following two commands

# first ine will update the opkg structure

opkg update

# second will show any nfs tools which could be installed

opkg list | grep nfs

usually you will need nfs-utils and task-base-nfs

Best regards

Marc

init 2 && init 3

Re: Problem Mounting NFS #5 jenna

• 9 posts

Neutral

Posted 27 October 2013 - 14:49

WOW thanks OK. I'll brush up on my Linux and try these

Re: Problem Mounting NFS #6 serdeliuk

• 315 posts

+18
Neutral

Posted 27 October 2013 - 15:21

Hi,

You're welcome, if you have any issue please ask, for sure somebody will have the right solution for anything. :)

Best regards,

Marc

init 2 && init 3

Re: Problem Mounting NFS #7 serdeliuk

• 315 posts

+18
Neutral

Posted 27 October 2013 - 15:27

Hi,

Also you can install the VLC player from command line as well, opkg list | grep vlc and after "opkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-vlcplayer" where is the name of previously listed vlc :)

Don't forget to run opkg update, which will refesh internal repository list, otherwise will not find the right package or will not find at all anything.

Also, you can update anuthing on your DM running first opkg update and after opkg upgrade :)

Also, you should restart your DM or at least enigma2 to restart jsut enigma2 from command line you should run "init 2" to stop enigma and "init 3" to start enigma, you can run both command in one line by running " init 2 && init 3" :)

To reboot your DM through commend line just type "reboot" and press enter.

Good luck,

init 2 && init 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users