picons OPenpli 4.0

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 casperse

• 33 posts

Neutral

Posted 4 December 2013 - 09:19

Hi All

I have just installed the new (Nightly) build of OpenPli 4 on my VU Duo box.

And I am using the default Skin!

So I have installed picons from the web interface, both to the actual device (RAM) and also to the HD.

can see that they are placed correctly.

Is there anywhere in the default Skin I need to enable the use of Picons?

Best regards

Casperse

Re: Openpli picons on new v.4 #2 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,045 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 4 December 2013 - 10:13

No.

It'll just use whatever is available (you can even hot-plug sticks with picon sets on them). Hence installing in two locations is a bad idea.
Real musicians never die - they just decompose

Re: Openpli picons on new v.4 #3 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,070 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 4 December 2013 - 10:42

Hi,

Can you please describe the steps you perform to install picons from the webif?

I never saw this possibility in OpenWebif.

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Openpli picons on new v.4 #4 casperse

• 33 posts

Neutral

Posted 4 December 2013 - 12:50

Hi,

Pr2

I think you should go into the plugins meny and then press Green --> Then the listing will show Picons

Re: Openpli picons on new v.4 #5 casperse

• 33 posts

Neutral

Posted 4 December 2013 - 12:55

No.

It'll just use whatever is available (you can even hot-plug sticks with picon sets on them). Hence installing in two locations is a bad idea.

Its a brand new flashed OpenPli 4, and I first tried to just installed to the HD and then uninstalled and installed again to the RAM....

I even tried to enable Picons on the channel listings...but no matter what I do I dont get any icons.

I also tried to just fetch all Picons available to see if I could have a channel listing of +45 channels without any matching Picons...

I am on Astra & Thor, can it be because I have my preferred channel listing under Favorites?

Thanks for your input much appriciated  :)

Best regards

Casperse

Re: Openpli picons on new v.4 #6 casperse

• 33 posts

Neutral

Posted 4 December 2013 - 13:02

Maybee its the naming?

The Picon name must match the the service name in the user Bouquet or the picon must be named with the service reference number?

Hmmm

Re: Openpli picons on new v.4 #7 dirocca

• 1,667 posts

+59
Good

Posted 4 December 2013 - 13:04

did you reboot the box after installing the picons?

have you tried with a list from ocram?

should be service reference. ;)

grtz Philip

Edited by dirocca, 4 December 2013 - 13:05.

vuduo2 openpli6.1 1TB HDD 2xdualS2tuner

av receiver denon - samsung 4k hdr+ 65inch UE65MU7000 - bose accoustimas 7.1 :rolleyes:

tvv kaart & schotel(64cm), duo lnb, OSCAM

logitech harmony ultimate

Re: Openpli picons on new v.4 #8 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,070 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 4 December 2013 - 16:53

Hi,

Pr2

I think you should go into the plugins meny and then press Green --> Then the listing will show Picons

Hi,

I know how to install picon from the feed but casperse mention that it does it from the webif... and I don't think that it is possible.

For casperse picon problem:

- I am not sure that picon from the feed are still the proper one, since they are quite outdated and there was many changes in the service reference in between.

Picons should be placed here:

/media/usb/picon  (it is the prefered solution, connect a permanant USB stick to your STB and place your picon there)

/media/hdd/picon (then you HDD will spin up at each zap / each EPG check, ... not the best place).

You can check here to have more up-to-date picons (seems to be the new place for ocram picons):

https://bitbucket.or.../logos/overview

Picons should be named with there service reference (you can easily find it by opening a userbouquet.xxx.tv file for exemple) and on some STB it is limited to only 256 colors (while other support "full color" picons).

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Openpli picons on new v.4 #9 dirocca

• 1,667 posts

+59
Good

Posted 4 December 2013 - 17:06

@Pr2
You can put picons wherever you want.
Ocram picons from the feed are always up to date and will be automatically updated by a software update.

Grtz Philip

vuduo2 openpli6.1 1TB HDD 2xdualS2tuner

av receiver denon - samsung 4k hdr+ 65inch UE65MU7000 - bose accoustimas 7.1 :rolleyes:

tvv kaart & schotel(64cm), duo lnb, OSCAM

logitech harmony ultimate

Re: Openpli picons on new v.4 #10 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,045 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 4 December 2013 - 18:41

picons can be placed into a "picon" map on ANY device. It does not matter what media and where it is mounted. You can even have multiple sticks with picons if you like. And you can plug and unplug them any time.

The picons can be any colordepth and any size. Bigger picons will of course need more memory to load and more CPU processing to display (especially when scaling is required). 8-bit picons only use a quarter of the resources compared to 32-bit ones.
Real musicians never die - they just decompose

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users