often freeze of openpli 4.0 vu+duo

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 knasson

• 40 posts

Neutral

Posted 6 December 2013 - 07:43

hi,

I started recently with that image for my vuplus duo.I am running oscam last version for OE2.0.The EPG import is activated and running in the early morning.Several times i found the settop box blocked in the early morning (about 5 am) i must reboot.

how to debug that behaviour (where are the crash.log?)...

Thank you

regards

Re: often freeze of openpli 4.0 vu+duo #2 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,274 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 6 December 2013 - 08:01

Read less epg....

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: often freeze of openpli 4.0 vu+duo #3 Trial

• 1,127 posts

+34
Good

Posted 6 December 2013 - 08:42

Hi,

activate swap and try cacheflush plugin. The DUO is quite easy out of RAM.

ciao

Edited by Trial, 6 December 2013 - 08:42.

Re: often freeze of openpli 4.0 vu+duo #4 knasson

• 40 posts

Neutral

Posted 6 December 2013 - 09:55

Hi,

ciao

Thank you

Ok for cacheflush installed from the feed

but how to activate the swap?

Regards,

Re: often freeze of openpli 4.0 vu+duo #5 knasson

• 40 posts

Neutral

Posted 6 December 2013 - 10:25

i found the tuto for the swap here

thank you...

Re: often freeze of openpli 4.0 vu+duo #6 knasson

• 40 posts

Neutral

Posted 9 December 2013 - 08:25

Hi,

ciao

Many thanks @Trial , since i activated the swap and cachflush plugin i din't get freezes any more .It seems it do will be a out of memory problem...

@+

K

Re: often freeze of openpli 4.0 vu+duo #7 ffm

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 15 January 2014 - 14:12

Hi,

I am a brand new to this "market". I have a Vu+ Duo and I run the OpenPLI 4.0 (I think the version from 11/01/2014).

My box is also frozen most of the times in the morning and I have to plug it off and restart it and then it works fine. However, while I am at work I record some shows and when I watch them later on but the box freezes every 5-10 minutes and you can see two cogs on the top left running but nothing happens. I always need to unplug the box to make it work again. 

It has also happened twice that while I was watching live TV the picture would freeze and I would have to restart the softcam but this has not happened for a while. 

I use the CrossEPG plugin but it is not really working. When downloading the files it switches to Radio and you can see that files are downloaded but after downloading a file which is 13.52 MB (or similar) large it stops and I have to switch back to TV. However, the box does not freeze or anything then. 

I would appreciate some help. 

Thanks.

Re: often freeze of openpli 4.0 vu+duo #8 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,614 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 15 January 2014 - 14:44

Dump CrossEPG, and load a lot less EPG data. Chances are you're running out of memory due to the large amount of EPG data you're importing.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: often freeze of openpli 4.0 vu+duo #9 ffm

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 15 January 2014 - 15:49

Dump CrossEPG, and load a lot less EPG data. Chances are you're running out of memory due to the large amount of EPG data you're importing.

Could explain what you mean with Dump CrossEPG and how this can be done? Sorry about this but I am new to this all.

Thanks for your help. 

Re: often freeze of openpli 4.0 vu+duo #10 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,614 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 15 January 2014 - 16:10

Uninstall it. Do not use it. It's bulky, and hardly ever needed.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: often freeze of openpli 4.0 vu+duo #11 ffm

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 15 January 2014 - 18:01

Uninstall it. Do not use it. It's bulky, and hardly ever needed.

Is there any other plugin you could recommend which would give me the same service like CrossEPG?

Re: often freeze of openpli 4.0 vu+duo #12 mattiL

• 268 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 15 January 2014 - 18:20

xmltvimport and xmltvimport-rytec is what I use.

Re: often freeze of openpli 4.0 vu+duo #13 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,614 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 15 January 2014 - 18:21

If it's about importing EPG data, see mattiL's response...

Re: often freeze of openpli 4.0 vu+duo #14 ffm

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 15 January 2014 - 22:48

I have now removed the CrossEPG plugin and installed the xmltvimport. However, whenever I try to configure this plugin my screen freezes and I can't do anything except pulling the plug and letting the box reboot. After it reboot it keeps crashing, the screen turn green and a lot of text appear and the box restarts quite quickly. This happens around every 10 minutes. Also, ever since I un-installed the CrossEPG plugin and I go to the menu and plugins a text appear stating that the CrossEPG plugin could not be found and it shows a long file path. After clicking ok I can still access the plugin menu though. I don't know if it helps but when I was removing the Cross EPG plugin I wanted to reboot the box but while rebooting the screen froze and I had to pull the plug. 

Any ideas what might be up?

Re: often freeze of openpli 4.0 vu+duo #15 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,614 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 15 January 2014 - 23:55

How old is this box? Does it have the capacitor-fix?

If not, it could well be that your power supply is dying, which also gives these symptomes. If that is the case, have it fixed immediately, to prevent further damage. Search for C807 on this forum to find more info.

At the moment Duo's from two years and older are falling over like domino blocks. Everyone I know that has one has had to replace the capacitor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users