←  [EN] Enduser support

Forums

»

Solo2 openpli not playing avi(divx,xvid)?

's foto damtom85 14 dec 2013

Hi everyone

this is my first post on this forum but im using openpli for few years and visiting forum regularly.

I just bought solo 2, came from dm800se where also I had openpli.

I have problem with movies on hard drive . I press play and nothing happen , just black window pop up with movie title on top and thats all, time and finish time show 00:00:00. i use player from image .

just to mention i did not have this problem on dm 800se with exactly same movies.

Citeren

screen image attached 

Bijlage  the.big.bang.theory.s05e07.dvdrip.xvid-demand.avi-14122013-175.jpg   12,01K   40 Aantal bijlagen

Citeren

so is anyone else getting same problem like me on solo2 w openpli 4 ?

Citeren

's foto damtom85 16 dec 2013

today i upgraded openpli 4 16.12.2013 ( with new drivers) and movies(xvid ,divx) are working now.  but wmv,wma,asf still dont work.  is this only on my solo2 or anyone else cant play them

Citeren

's foto Trial 16 dec 2013

Hi,

new drivers are not enough to play WMV/WMA/ASF. Gstreamer must also be changed. With the OI I can play WMV with my DUO2 but I hear no WMA sound which is included in the video. It is a start but there is still work for VU+ to do.

ciao

Citeren

's foto athoik 16 dec 2013

Are you sure its GStreamer? I think BH uses Dreambox dvbmediasink with some patches.

And guess what OpenPLi uses the same as Et for Vu.

So if we need different ioctl for wma/wmv than Et, we need to patch OpenPLi dvbmediasink or use the same as BH.
Citeren

's foto athoik 16 dec 2013

Maybe enable more options (just like oe-alliance did)?

-DVBMEDIASINK_CONFIG = "--with-pcm"
+DVBMEDIASINK_CONFIG = "--with-wmv --with-wma --with-pcm --with-eac3"
Citeren

's foto Trial 17 dec 2013

Hi,

you can take a look for yourself at code.vuplus.com. 12 days ago they changed something but I think it is only connected to streaming.

ciao

Citeren