• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 macnuts

• 420 posts

+14
Neutral

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:03

Sometimes what happens:

1. Service in PiP is 'alternative services', tuner C (dvb-t)

2. Service in main is another 'alternative services', tuner A (dvb-s2)

(both 'alternative services' have: one service form dvb-t and one from dvb-s2)

3. Press '0' (configured to move pip to main screen), black screen + correct sound (correct service sound)

4. Swap away to another (dvb-s2, tuner A) service and sound and video is correct BUT on info bar both tuners A & C are lit (A is green and C is orange/yellow(?)).

5. Swap to service 'alternative services' as in 1. and everything is back to normal (tuner C is selected and is green in inforbar - I have T/S/C priority set).

No recording, streaming, transcoding in the meantime...

PTS is installed and set up for automatic start after 5 seconds.

Edited by macnuts, 23 December 2013 - 10:04.

Re: Vu+Duo2: No video after moving PiP to main with '0' && tuner not released #2 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 23 December 2013 - 20:12

Hi,

Probably the same problem:

http://openpli.org/f...deo-just-audio/

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Vu+Duo2: No video after moving PiP to main with '0' && tuner not released #3 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 23 December 2013 - 20:16

And now with the alternatives.... this is a never ending story... and to make this correctly a part of enigma2 should be partly completely rewritten.... Making a lot of stuff incompatibable for something rarely used....

But you installed PTS..? PTS is hacking arround in enigma2... what without PTS plugin?

It can be that enigma2 sees tuner C busy....when selecting an alternative service and then chooses a different unexpected source... Can you try to stop the pip service before changing the mainscreen? This might free the pip tuner before "swapping"

Edited by littlesat, 23 December 2013 - 20:20.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Vu+Duo2: No video after moving PiP to main with '0' && tuner not released #4 macnuts

• 420 posts

+14
Neutral

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:35

littlesat, on 23 Dec 2013 - 20:15, said:

littlesat, on 23 Dec 2013 - 20:15, said:

It can be that enigma2 sees tuner C busy....when selecting an alternative service and then chooses a different unexpected source... Can you try to stop the pip service before changing the mainscreen? This might free the pip tuner before "swapping"

You might be right about this. And yet another problem that might be connected with this issue http://openpli.org/f...ative-services/.

I do not understand Can you try to stop the pip service before changing the mainscreen? This might free the pip tuner before "swapping" part. How to stop PiP and swap?

BTW, the problem looks like it is kind of race condition as I was not able to determine the steps to reproduce the problem. It happened once and now I cannot reproduce it at all. I will make a lot of PiPing, the problem may appear again then.

Just one thought:

It happened on newest drivers (17.12), I had them hard copied to appropriate lib subfolder (as openPLi had not had them it its feeds at that time).

In other images I noticed that there is an updated transcoding plugin with 'decoder' selections; options were 0 & 1 and for option 1 there was an information message that it is mutually exclusive with PiP. Might it be that newest vu+ drivers tries to force tuner B for PiP and its logic is somehow buggy when you do a lot of PiP swapping?

It is just my hunch, nothing that I know how to test.

Edited by macnuts, 24 December 2013 - 08:36.

Re: Vu+Duo2: No video after moving PiP to main with '0' && tuner not released #5 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:42

But now i see vu duo.... It could be driver related.... I mean since the new drivers... The possibly "race".

Edited by littlesat, 24 December 2013 - 08:43.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vu+duo2, openpli4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users