• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

Re: Discovered some "bugs" #101 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 30 December 2014 - 20:16

This looks like the well-known VU+ input device issue. Virtual keyboard on remote control works but alternate input devices (like the a-z keyboard on the remote control or an usb keyboard) don't. If you have that problem, sorry, that's one we cannot fix.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Discovered some "bugs" #102 The_Raven

• 204 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 30 December 2014 - 23:07

No thats not the problem.

The problem is that the virtual-keyboard is not working if i try to edit a network share, but it works if i search the epg (the virtual-keyboard).

If i try to edit a network share, the RC-Keys (key 0-9) are also not working. Have not tried the special RC-Keyboard from ultimo. I always use the "normal" RC.

Is there no dev with an ultimo?

Re: Discovered some "bugs" #103 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 31 December 2014 - 14:20

Actually no, I don't think so... But if you're using the "basic" RC, the behaviour should be equal to other stb's, especially the VU+ ones.

I must say I never use the network share ui, so I am not familiar with how it's supposed to work or look, maybe someone else from the team can have a look?

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Discovered some "bugs" #104 The_Raven

• 204 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 2 January 2015 - 11:27

I have done more testing and found some interessting things:

Ultimo

Here we have 3 different RC's:

The "normal" RC (RC1)

The "special" Ultimo RC with keyboard on the rear (RC2)

The Virtual-RC from Webif (RC3)

1. RC1 and RC2 are not working in network manager (with letters 0-9 like an old mobile phone), if you press a key, then the input locks up.

2. RC3 is working in network manager (with letters 0-9 like an old mobile phone)!!! Why?! But if you press before a key on the Hardware-RC, then it does not work -> lockup!

3. The virtual-keyboard is working with RC1-3 in network manager, but if you press before a key on the hardware-rc, then it locks up and does not work! You can navigate, but not select it wit "ok".

4. RC2 keyboard on the rear site of the RC seems to never work (not in network manager but also not in epg-search), think this is the "input device issue" that you have said.

So i can say:

The Hardware RC's don't work in network manager (with letters 0-9 like an old mobile phone), but it works with the virtual RC3 from webinterface!

If you ask me i think there is a bug with input from RC with "old mobile style" letters 0-9. But only from the hardware RC's, the webif RC seems to work.

Uno

1. Interesting: There are 4 options in network manager. On ultimo i have only 3 options. The User-Manager is missing!

Can someone please test the input with numbers 0-9 on a different stb?

Re: Discovered some "bugs" #105 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,684 posts

+1,741
Excellent

Posted 2 January 2015 - 13:09

2. Because it is a driver problem, and the virtual RC doesn't do anything with the driver, it feeds character input directly into Enigma.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Discovered some "bugs" #106 The_Raven

• 204 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 2 January 2015 - 17:12

Another interesting thing:

It works on VU+ uno box! :)

I ask me 2 things:

1. Are there different drivers from ultimo to uno?

2. Why is the "user manager" missing on the ultimo?

Re: Discovered some "bugs" #107 The_Raven

• 204 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 22 February 2015 - 10:01

Yesterday i flashed my box new.

The interesting thing is that the behaver of the RC is the same as some time ago. I can not write any letters, only numbers. I must use the virtual RC by pressing the text button.

And i discovered another (cosmetic) bug:

In "Graphical multi EPG" you can switch with the yellow button from "normal mode" to "list mode" and back. The description on the button is missing in "normal mode". In "list mode" it's ok.

See the pictures for details.

The text in the yellow button is missing. Should be something like "Listen Modus" (german).

Attached Files

Edited by The_Raven, 22 February 2015 - 10:02.

Re: Discovered some "bugs" #108 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,309 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 22 February 2015 - 10:03

I cannot confirm the lost mide/normal mode issue here of the GMEPG... but it could be a skin issue....

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Discovered some "bugs" #109 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 22 February 2015 - 10:10

VU+ receiver?

Re: Discovered some "bugs" #110 The_Raven

• 204 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 22 February 2015 - 10:16

A little bit scary how fast you are... ;)

You are right it seems a skin problem! I use the "Magic" SD-Skin because my TV is not that big. If i switch to another skin it works!

Yes it's a VU+ Ultimo.

Re: Discovered some "bugs" #111 The_Raven

• 204 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 16 May 2015 - 21:34

Since the updates from the last months i got some problem with my VU ultimo.

The box shut not always correct down. Lets say from 15 shutdowns, one fail (the box is hanging).

And in the last 2-3 days i got a lot of green-screens (Green Screen Of Death)!

Today i had 4 of them on different situations. This sucks a bit because yesterday i had a GSOD during a recording. :(

Attached Files

Re: Discovered some "bugs" #112 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 16 May 2015 - 22:22

There are several threads because of the problem. E.g. This one: http://forums.openpl...ng/#entry491625
So update tomorrow.
Xtrend ET-9200, ET-8000, ET-10000, OpenPliPC on Ubuntu 12.04

Re: Discovered some "bugs" #113 The_Raven

• 204 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 17 May 2015 - 08:26

thx :)

Re: Discovered some "bugs" #114 The_Raven

• 204 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 8 July 2015 - 22:27

I discovered an ugly bug. Don't know since when, but my VU-Ultimo shut not always correctly down. The box is hanging on shutdown (shows the shutdown animation on the display, but it stuck/freezes). Telnet and ssh login is not possible, but box is still ping able. This bug is not always, lets say from 10 shutdown, 8 are working. I have also reflashed the box, but this bug is still present.

This bug is ugly because if a timer i programmed and the box is hanging, the timer does not start. :(

I have no idea how to trace this bug. Any ideas?

Re: Discovered some "bugs" #115 Taapat

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,344 posts

+120
Excellent

Posted 9 July 2015 - 06:49

Maybe try to remove export HOME=/home/root from /usr/bin/enigma2.sh

http://forums.openpl...a2/#entry496447

But perhaps you have another bug.

Re: Discovered some "bugs" #116 ian1095

• 462 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 9 July 2015 - 07:42

@ The Raven

Nope

The problem you are referring to is this one.

http://forums.openpl...oying +pli +bug

And it seems that no devs are interested in fixing it either.

You will find however that it you turn off your daily EPG update then you can limit this hanging to just once a week as it only occurs after youve updated your EPG data.

Ian.

Edited by ian1095, 9 July 2015 - 07:46.

Re: Discovered some "bugs" #117 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 10 July 2015 - 09:28

I AM interested but I am not enough of a gstreamer expert to oversee the consequences.

Re: Discovered some "bugs" #118 The_Raven

• 204 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 10 July 2015 - 09:56

Thx for the answers and the info.

I think it has only indirect something todo with the EPG update. I have now disabled EPG-Update and this reduces the problem for sure. But the problem is not with EPG update, it happens when the box should shutdown. So its "normal" that it happes more often if the box updates the EPG and after the update shutdown (every night for example). If less shutdowns, then less problems.

I guess it has something to do with "vuplus-shutdown".

But i have absolutley no idea how to trace this bug. The problem is that i lost the communication to the box when it happes, so i don't see what happens.

Maybe we can redirect the output to a log file?

Re: Discovered some "bugs" #119 The_Raven

• 204 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 15 July 2015 - 09:29

I looked into an very old image and i saw that it can not be depend on "vuplus-shutdown". This command is the same as in the new image.

Maybe it depends on unmounting NAS-Shares?

The question is still: How to trace?

I hate this bug because of the fact that recordings fail when the box is hanging. :angry:

Re: Discovered some "bugs" #120 Tony il Capo

• 96 posts

Neutral

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:36

I looked into an very old image and i saw that it can not be depend on "vuplus-shutdown". This command is the same as in the new image.

Maybe it depends on unmounting NAS-Shares?

The question is still: How to trace?

I hate this bug because of the fact that recordings fail when the box is hanging. :angry:

The best workaround I found for this is to update EPG just once a day (I use crossepg - openepg providers), and then force interface restart via telnet and then after reload epg. Doing this make the box being able to restart/shutdown properly.

DVBS Tuner (satfinder only) || GI Avatar 2 2xDVBS2 (spark162_SH4) ||Vu+ Zero || Vu+ Duo2 4xDVBS2 1TB HD || OpenATV 6.0

0,6m+(0.8m)+0,9m+1,2m Multi feed @13ºE, 19.2ºE, 28.3ºE, 30W

Samsung 32" HDTV || 2.1 Trust Tytan

Win 10 x64 || FX8350 || 8GB RAM || MSI Gaming GTX970 || ASUS VP278H 27" || Trust Tytan 2.1 || Logitech G29

Raspberry PI 3 Model B || Samsung S22c300 21.5"

TPLINK WR1043NDv2  running LEDE || OpenVPN >=< LAN||  Lt26i Custom Android

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users