10 replies to this topic

#1 DimitarCC

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,273 posts

+45
Good

Posted 21 January 2014 - 13:57

Hi,

I have a problem with my vu+duo. I have tried the OpenPli 4.0 after long time i was using OpenPli 3.0.

However my box constantly freezes on zap. I have read the forum and i have found some other topics related to this and there it is written that that is a driver problem.

However when i install OpenPli 3.0 from September 2013 there is no freezes on zap! all images after that leads to box freeze on zap after some time of use. The only way to revive the box is hard reset.

If i get the drivers from the not freezing image and put them into newest images there is freezes.... so it leads me to conclusion that it must be something with the image as well... not only the drivers.

If i try earlier images than September 2013 there is also freezes but not so often.

So can somebody gives me support to this or at least to give me directions what can be done and is the problem into the image?

The facts are that with September 2013 image i dont experiance any freezes not matter how long the box is working. but with newer images including OpenPli 4.0 there is constant freezes on zap only. If i watch the channel without to zap it works with no problems!

Thank you in advance!

Vu+DUO4KSE, DM920UHD, Vu+Uno4KSE, SF8008Mini, Vu+Solo2, Dreambox DM500HD, Triax 78 (7E,9E,13E,19.2E,23.5E) & Triax 78 (39E)

Re: Vu+Duo and OpenPli4 #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 21 January 2014 - 14:07

From WHEN is your 4.0 image?

All 4.0 images where unstable from let's say mid December till second week Januari. So if you flashed in that period, flash again with the latest image, and make sure NO autoinstall is used (otherwise you'll be in the same boat again).

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Vu+Duo and OpenPli4 #3 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 21 January 2014 - 14:09

Also,

Since this is about a VU+Duo, how old is it? And did you already have the power supply fixed? If not, the deteriorating power supply will cause crashes and unexpected restarts, have it fixed ASAP to prevent further damage to the box.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Vu+Duo and OpenPli4 #4 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 21 January 2014 - 14:52

Did you install and enable autobackup in Openpli3? If so delete the backup folder create by it (if I am right: /media/hdd/backup ) and install a clean Openpli4 and give it a try.

Restauring stuff from Openpli 3 into Openpli 4 is not always a good idea. I experience it on my Xtrend ET9000 but this is perhaps fixed in between...

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Vu+Duo and OpenPli4 #5 DimitarCC

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,273 posts

+45
Good

Posted 21 January 2014 - 15:37

Also,

Since this is about a VU+Duo, how old is it? And did you already have the power supply fixed? If not, the deteriorating power supply will cause crashes and unexpected restarts, have it fixed ASAP to prevent further damage to the box.

Hmmm maybe about 2 years old. However i have never experience crashes or restarts before. I haven't fixed the power supply by myself. But as i said i didnt experience any problems like this so far! What is the usuall problems that happen if there is power supply problem(if only crashes and restrats i have never expirience them. I have only freezes)?

Vu+DUO4KSE, DM920UHD, Vu+Uno4KSE, SF8008Mini, Vu+Solo2, Dreambox DM500HD, Triax 78 (7E,9E,13E,19.2E,23.5E) & Triax 78 (39E)

Re: Vu+Duo and OpenPli4 #6 DimitarCC

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,273 posts

+45
Good

Posted 21 January 2014 - 15:38

From WHEN is your 4.0 image?

All 4.0 images where unstable from let's say mid December till second week Januari. So if you flashed in that period, flash again with the latest image, and make sure NO autoinstall is used (otherwise you'll be in the same boat again).

I did try with image from before 2 weeks. However i also tried with last OpenPli 3.0 and situation is exactly same.

Re: Vu+Duo and OpenPli4 #7 DimitarCC

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,273 posts

+45
Good

Posted 21 January 2014 - 15:39

Did you install and enable autobackup in Openpli3? If so delete the backup folder create by it (if I am right: /media/hdd/backup ) and install a clean Openpli4 and give it a try.

Restauring stuff from Openpli 3 into Openpli 4 is not always a good idea. I experience it on my Xtrend ET9000 but this is perhaps fixed in between...

I do have the backup folder on hdd however it is empty so actual installation should be clean.

Re: Vu+Duo and OpenPli4 #8 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 21 January 2014 - 15:41

I didn't have the problem as well, the first two years. And then it started.

What exactly do you mean by "freeze"? Spinners running? Or box stuck with a need to use the power switch? The last one is also a symptom of the power supply issues.

Search this board for C807 and be amazed. If it doesn't get replaced soon (and with the correct component), you can kill your power regulator too, and then you are close to permanent damage...

Re: Vu+Duo and OpenPli4 #9 DimitarCC

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,273 posts

+45
Good

Posted 21 January 2014 - 15:56

I didn't have the problem as well, the first two years. And then it started.

What exactly do you mean by "freeze"? Spinners running? Or box stuck with a need to use the power switch? The last one is also a symptom of the power supply issues.

Search this board for C807 and be amazed. If it doesn't get replaced soon (and with the correct component), you can kill your power regulator too, and then you are close to permanent damage...

By freeze i mean exactly at the time of zap box stuck but channel decoding continues a few more seconds then it also freeze. To fix it i have to use the power switch. i dont get it why it happens on zap only. If i am not zapping to another channel it can works for days without freeze event with latest OpenPli 4.0. My problem happens only on zap. if it is powersupply shouldnt it happen at random times? I did watched the capacitor however it does not seems damaged to me. I didnt buy the received new so i dont know... it could be replaced already. How can i understand the capacitor is damaged? Its not problem to be replaced but i need to be sure current zapping freeze is from it! Please note that with September 2013 image i dont have that feeze/stuck not matter how long the box will running or how many channels i switch.

Edited by DimitarCC, 21 January 2014 - 15:57.

Re: Vu+Duo and OpenPli4 #10 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 21 January 2014 - 16:33

Sounds like you need to have your box fixed.

You can't see anything, the capacitor looks ok, you can only measure the problem. It is is replaced, it should have both an Elco and a ceramic capacitor. If those are not there, but only the grey C807, it's very likely the original.

The problem starts with actions that cost additional power. People with harddisks in the box for example notice the problem when recordings start. When you zap, the tuner requests additional power.

I find it very odd that a september image, if you flash it today, would work fine, and a later image doesn't even allow you to zap. If zapping wouldn't work, we would be in hiding right now, as all our users would come hunting for us... :)

Re: Vu+Duo and OpenPli4 #11 mattiL

• 268 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 21 January 2014 - 19:37

Quite right, my Vu+ Duo did not want to start after power cycle, and crashed frequently.

At the end the red LED at the front was lit but the box failed to start.

Replacing C807 fixed all problems, I still use the box (no problems except when testing OpenPLi 4.0 with zram... ;)  ).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vu+duo, enigma2, drivers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users