Posted 4 February 2014 - 00:13

Hallo Gentlemen

i bought vuduo2 a few weeks ago

but i have weak signal for most channels , for example :

ned 1,2,3 on astra 19,2 ... 50%

sky sport 2 hd on astra 28,2 ..... 60%

even free channels have the same problem

i still have mine old vuduo .... i always got strong signal

i tried every thing with no luck , i use motor diseqc stab hh120 with single lnb inverto black ultra

so i decided to test other LNB'S , and here is the result :

1-  inverto black ultra singl lnb ..... weak signal for most channels .... but good signal with nilesat

2- mti high line singl lnb .... weak signal for most channels

3- triax 0.3 db single lnb .... perfect signal 90-100% but bad signal with nilesat

4- goldensky 0.1 db single lnb  ... perfect signal 85-95%  but weak signal with nilesat

why i got bad signal with these LNB'S ( inverto black ultra and mti high line )

offcourse the inverto black ultra is the most important lnb for me

I hope to find the answer here to fix it

best regards

pli image is de beste

Re: vuduo2 ... weak signal with inverto black ultra #2 Robinson

• 2,613 posts

+30
Good

Posted 4 February 2014 - 08:20

Surprisingly, your signal may bee too strong. I have heard of that for some VU+ boxes.

Try using an attenuator or experiment with much much longer cable runs.

ET9000, OpenPLi 4.0, 13E, 19E

HD51, OpenPLi 6.2, 75E - 30W

Re: vuduo2 ... weak signal with inverto black ultra #3 dany

• 160 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 4 February 2014 - 19:03

Surprisingly, your signal may bee too strong. I have heard of that for some VU+ boxes.

thank you robinson for reaction

why surprisingly !!! the degree of signal strength for most channels is 50% and 60% ,, its a weak singnal

i own vuduo and vuduo2 and my relative has vusolo2 , When I compare signal strength between vuduo , vusolo2 and vuduo2  ... it's a big difference

vuduo2 has the weaker signal strength

offcours i mean weak signal with these LNB'S ( inverto black ultra and mti high line )

i'm already using long coax hirschmann cable

regards

pli image is de beste

Re: vuduo2 ... weak signal with inverto black ultra #4 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,231 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 4 February 2014 - 19:07

Is it a twin tuner card? Twin tuner card is not as sensitive as single, and neither as sensitive as the Duo.

Re: vuduo2 ... weak signal with inverto black ultra #5 dany

• 160 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 4 February 2014 - 19:21

thank you huevos

yes ... i have 2 tuners ,, tuner A en tuner B .. both are DVBS2 nim(AVL 2108 )

but why i got weak signal when i use one of these lnbs ... inverto black ultra or mti high line ? this the question

with other lnbs i got perfect signal

regards

pli image is de beste

Re: vuduo2 ... weak signal with inverto black ultra #6 Trial

• 1,127 posts

+34
Good

Posted 4 February 2014 - 20:45

HI,

you cannot compare the signal strength simpy by looking at the percentage. Who tells you what 100% means for each box?

ciao

When I compare signal strength between vuduo , vusolo2 and vuduo2  ... it's a big difference

Re: vuduo2 ... weak signal with inverto black ultra #7 dany

• 160 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 4 February 2014 - 21:34

HI,

you cannot compare the signal strength simpy by looking at the percentage. Who tells you what 100% means for each box?

ciao

When I compare signal strength between vuduo , vusolo2 and vuduo2  ... it's a big difference

thank you Trial

Do you think that 50% of vuduo2 equal to 100% of vusolo2 neither vuduo
i think This is not true , because the weak channels are affected by anything ( light wind) and thus i lose the picture
don't forget that i got strong signal 90-100% on the same box( vuduo2) when i tested other lnbs as triax 0.3 db neither Goldensky 0.1 db
i think vuduo2 is incompatible with such lnbs as inverto black ultra or mti high line

regards

pli image is de beste

Re: vuduo2 ... weak signal with inverto black ultra #8 Robinson

• 2,613 posts

+30
Good

Posted 4 February 2014 - 23:19

thank you robinson for reaction

why surprisingly !!! the degree of signal strength for most channels is 50% and 60% ,, its a weak singnal

i own vuduo and vuduo2 and my relative has vusolo2 , When I compare signal strength between vuduo , vusolo2 and vuduo2  ... it's a big difference

offcours i mean weak signal with these LNB'S ( inverto black ultra and mti high line )

i'm already using long coax hirschmann cable

regards

Just like I said, use an attenuator and the signal shown by VU+ will increase on the strong transponders but it may decrease on Nilesat.

If you use, however, an adjustable one, you will be able to adjust it depending on the satellite being watched.

And as for the cable, how long is it? I assumed you did not have an attenuator on hand so I suggested experimenting with much longer cables. How long is it now? If it is something like 10 metres, it is not long at all, especially if it's good quality. If you have more cable at home, try 50 metres or even more.

As an attenuator, you need something like that: http://satsklep.pl/e...FL-0-20-dB-/512

Re: vuduo2 ... weak signal with inverto black ultra #9 Trial

• 1,127 posts

+34
Good

Posted 5 February 2014 - 09:37

Hi dany,

I cannot say and I do not have the equipment to measure it. I do not think that the difference are so high (50 to 100) but 80 instead of 90 is not unusual.

Normally AGC should help with low gain and high gain lnbs but there is a limit when it is to much or less.

I can try to contact VU and ask about high gain LNBs.

ciao

Re: vuduo2 ... weak signal with inverto black ultra #10 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 6 February 2014 - 14:41

Hi,

We already compared values between different LNB (on another forum) and we must say that the % is quite representative of what is received. Today there is no more huge difference if you compare the value on the same STB Brand and model with different installation.

I think that you should improve your pointing and check the compensation of the LNB.

An easy way to point properly an antenna is to use Enigma2 signal meter on an Android smartphone.

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: vuduo2 ... weak signal with inverto black ultra #11 dany

• 160 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 8 February 2014 - 00:35

Trial , Pr2 thank you so much for help and many thanks to robinson

let me say that i was very surprised with my last testing ,,,,,  so please let's see the results :

1-  hirschmann cabel 15 meter with inverto black ultra .... weak signal for most channels

2- hirschmann cabel 15 meter with inverto black ultra with adjustable attenuator 0-20db .... perfect signal between 80-95 snr

3- just for testing i bought very cheap  cabel RG6U coaxial 50 meter with inverto black ultra but without adjustable attenuator 0-20db ..... perfect signal between 80-95 snr

i can understand that adjustable attenuator helped me to get strength signal but the thing that I did not understand ... the signal is to become strength just after using long cable 50 meter

dear Trial ... you said ( I can try to contact VU and ask about high gain LNBs ) ... i wish you do

but let me tell you that i have contacted them several weeks ago and I told them that literally ( vuduo2 has issue with high gain LNBs , some thing like compatibility but I did not get any answer

now im using a cheap long cabel 50 meter (RG6U coaxial) ,  is it better to change the cable to good quality , and which is better koka 799 hirschmann or h120 ?

best regards

pli image is de beste

Re: vuduo2 ... weak signal with inverto black ultra #12 Trial

• 1,127 posts

+34
Good

Posted 8 February 2014 - 10:09

Hi dany,

I already contacted them. I have a bit more direct contact to them but I hardly get answers and feedback from them.

ciao

Re: vuduo2 ... weak signal with inverto black ultra #13 Stefan

• 1,503 posts

+74
Good

Posted 8 February 2014 - 10:18

for cable tv you can have this problem with a cable tuner,not with satellite
VU solo 4k ,twin satelliet tuner en 1 kabel tuner en VU solo se v2 ,dual kabel tuner...E85 Maximum multi focus schotel en een Triax 88cm schotel met een 2 way Triax lnb rail....5.0w 0.8w 4.8e 9.0e 13e 19.2e 23.5e 28.2e....VTI 14.0.5 - 6 Inverto black ultra twin lnb's en 2 Alps twin lnb's, Nvidia shield tv.

Re: vuduo2 ... weak signal with inverto black ultra #14 Robinson

• 2,613 posts

+30
Good

Posted 8 February 2014 - 10:22

:)  See, dany? And you didn't quite believe me at first.

I'm wondering what about your signal on Nilesat after using the attenuator or the longer and cheaper cable?

By the way, this kind of shows that high-gain LNB's may be good for weak signals but can really spoil things for strong satellites.

Re: vuduo2 ... weak signal with inverto black ultra #15 Robinson

• 2,613 posts

+30
Good

Posted 8 February 2014 - 10:23

for cable tv you can have this problem with a cable tuner,not with satellite

Stefan, obviously you have not read the whole thread because this is exactly the problem experienced by dany.

Edited by Robinson, 8 February 2014 - 10:23.

Re: vuduo2 ... weak signal with inverto black ultra #16 Stefan

• 1,503 posts

+74
Good

Posted 8 February 2014 - 10:29

He is talking about satellite ?

Edited by Stefan, 8 February 2014 - 10:29.

VU solo 4k ,twin satelliet tuner en 1 kabel tuner en VU solo se v2 ,dual kabel tuner...E85 Maximum multi focus schotel en een Triax 88cm schotel met een 2 way Triax lnb rail....5.0w 0.8w 4.8e 9.0e 13e 19.2e 23.5e 28.2e....VTI 14.0.5 - 6 Inverto black ultra twin lnb's en 2 Alps twin lnb's, Nvidia shield tv.

Re: vuduo2 ... weak signal with inverto black ultra #17 Robinson

• 2,613 posts

+30
Good

Posted 8 February 2014 - 10:30

Of course he is.

Re: vuduo2 ... weak signal with inverto black ultra #18 dany

• 160 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 9 February 2014 - 00:49

:)  See, dany? And you didn't quite believe me at first.

I'm wondering what about your signal on Nilesat after using the attenuator or the longer and cheaper cable?

By the way, this kind of shows that high-gain LNB's may be good for weak signals but can really spoil things for strong satellites.

Hi Robinson

about nilsat ... nothing changed ,, the same good signal ... with long cable neither with adjustable attenuator 0-20db ...or without them ... still the same signal before ... good signal

Trial ,,, i wish if they answer you and fix this issue with new drivers

as i said before ... now im using a cheap long cabel 50 meter (RG6U coaxial) ,  is it better to change the cable to good quality , and which is better koka 799 hirschmann or h120 ?

huevos ,,, robinson .. trial .. pr2 .. stefan ... thank you all so much

regards

pli image is de beste

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vu duo2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users