Openpli4 ET9000

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Re: Movie selection: sort order - improvement #21 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 5 April 2014 - 06:34

Perhaps we should have a 'long blue' to either return to default sort or return to previous sort.  At the moment I like the 3-2-1 sort but occasionally do the next sort (AZ).  However, then I want to return to 3-2-1 which is five presses of the 'short blue' button...  A 'long blue' would be convenient and would not change other functions.

That seems a good idea to me.
As it is now I never use the colour button, exactly because of the reason you stated + the fact that the actual way of sorting can hardly be distinguished; instead I always go into the context menu to change sorting.

Re: Movie selection: sort order - improvement #22 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,608 posts

+211
Excellent

Posted 5 April 2014 - 06:52

the fact that the actual way of sorting can hardly be distinguished

Sorting has own icons on top screen...

Using long color button is not good idea. Please, do not want make E2 more obfuscatory.

Do not forget, that user will set one way or second way once and he will not change it each day => not needed any shortcut. Option in setup would be better.

Edited by ims, 5 April 2014 - 07:06.

Kdo nic nedělá, nic nezkazí!

Re: Movie selection: sort order - improvement #23 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 5 April 2014 - 07:12

Long key is in fact not done as short key changes to the break of the key... This the reaction of the short key reduces 200 msec...
From the history of e2 we only have this in the epg buttons.... And even I was doubting to fix this...

Edited by littlesat, 5 April 2014 - 07:18.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Movie selection: sort order - improvement #24 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 5 April 2014 - 07:25

the fact that the actual way of sorting can hardly be distinguished

Sorting has own icons on top screen...

Yes, I know, but I can't make out the sorting by looking at that tiny icon.

Re: Movie selection: sort order - improvement #25 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 5 April 2014 - 07:26

Long key is in fact not done as short key changes to the break of the key... This the reaction of the short key reduces 200 msec...
From the history of e2 we only have this in the epg buttons.... And even I was doubting to fix this...

You noticed that this has been fixed in ViX? All long & short presses are working absolutely fine.

Re: Movie selection: sort order - improvement #26 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 5 April 2014 - 07:30

Stil there short is based on the break of the key... You see this clearly in their code and this is logical as there no way to work a round this... So you loose reaction time which is simply a fact...

But it is a feature that allows that evey button can get two options... (Like a shift button)...

Edited by littlesat, 5 April 2014 - 07:34.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Movie selection: sort order - improvement #27 stick50jr

• 95 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 6 April 2014 - 13:00

Stil there short is based on the break of the key... You see this clearly in their code and this is logical as there no way to work a round this... So you loose reaction time which is simply a fact...

But it is a feature that allows that evey button can get two options... (Like a shift button)...

Reaction time maybe lost, but I reckon I can beat you to the draw with you doing 5 x 'short blues' versus my 1 x 'long blue'.  Anyhow, I see that this is now available on other images, so I shouldn't hassle you guys who don't want it. :) 

Re: Movie selection: sort order - improvement #28 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 6 April 2014 - 13:46

At least I think long and short sucks... And indeed the most important is reaction time for the usual functions...

Then it is better to get a get more specific buttons on your remote....

Re: Movie selection: sort order - improvement #29 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 6 April 2014 - 13:47

Reaction time maybe lost, but I reckon I can beat you to the draw with you doing 5 x 'short blues' versus my 1 x 'long blue'.

And one too many is easy done in the process......

Re: Movie selection: sort order - improvement #30 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 6 April 2014 - 13:52

At least I think the long and short trick sucks as the reaction time for the usual functions do reduce because you have to detect the release of buttons. I thing that feels really bad! So the toll you pay for it is too expensive...

Then it is better to get a get more specific buttons on your remote....

But everyone has its own meening...

At least openpli zaps before you release the button... :)

Edited by littlesat, 6 April 2014 - 13:55.

Re: Movie selection: sort order - improvement #31 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 7 April 2014 - 17:44

At least I think the long and short trick sucks as the reaction time for the usual functions do reduce because you have to detect the release of buttons.

That's the theory.
In fieldtests difference is neither measurable nor perceptible.
And the advantage is that reliable short + long-press functions can be made available for all buttons.

Re: Movie selection: sort order - improvement #32 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 7 April 2014 - 20:37

It is not a theory... It is logic... When you use short and fast key on one button you must check short on the break of the key... So it is a simple fact the response is slower...
There is nothing to discuss around this fact...
When field tests do not notice this these tests are not objective.
That it can work reliable is a different discussion.
But we're going off topic...
Pli will not make short long buttons as we think it is stupid.

Edited by littlesat, 7 April 2014 - 20:45.

Re: Movie selection: sort order - improvement #33 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 7 April 2014 - 20:54

No need to explain the theory; it's simple enough to understand.

But as I said: try it yourself and see.

Ohh, off course: don't keep the button pressed too long :)

And it was indeed a good idea to implement them :)

Edited by SatKiekerd, 7 April 2014 - 20:54.

Re: Movie selection: sort order - improvement #34 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 7 April 2014 - 20:55

Really i tried,.. And really not my thing... And really noticible slower by fact... And possibly some do not notice it...

Edited by littlesat, 7 April 2014 - 20:57.

Re: Movie selection: sort order - improvement #35 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 7 April 2014 - 20:58

And even people with severe handicaps (hardly able to use their hands) reported the same.

Re: Movie selection: sort order - improvement #36 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,231 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 8 April 2014 - 09:22

Pli will not make short long buttons as we think it is stupid.

it is better to get a get more specific buttons on your remote....

Are you going to ask the manufacturers to produce remote control units with extra buttons made especially for OpenPLi?

Edited by Huevos, 8 April 2014 - 09:23.

Re: Movie selection: sort order - improvement #37 stick50jr

• 95 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 8 April 2014 - 11:48

Really i tried,.. And really not my thing... And really noticible slower by fact... And possibly some do not notice it...

The other option for OpenPLi would be to simplify the sort options.  It seems ridiculous to have so many sort options...  surely no one needs all these options.  If there were only two sorts enabled then you toggle between them with a short (normal for OpenPLi) fast reaction button press.  OpenPLi prides itself in not having any unnecessary bells & whistles... but has this silly situation with six separate sorts that have to be rotated through.

Certainly, for those who can cope with long buttons, the problem of too many bells & whistles can be escaped with the extra button functions.

I recommend that OpenPLi simplify their sort options to match their simpler button system (ie either reduce the sort options or via configuration select only two sorts available for toggling with the blue button).

Edited by stick50jr, 8 April 2014 - 11:51.

Re: Movie selection: sort order - improvement #38 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,311 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 8 April 2014 - 12:51

I then recommend to remove the two options you use most. (to indicate what the problem is with your statement ;)).

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Movie selection: sort order - improvement #39 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,608 posts

+211
Excellent

Posted 8 April 2014 - 21:36

The other option for OpenPLi would be to simplify the sort options.  It seems ridiculous to have so many sort options... 

It does not mean, that is wrong, if you do not using it. 

Kdo nic nedělá, nic nezkazí!

Re: Movie selection: sort order - improvement #40 stick50jr

• 95 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 9 April 2014 - 01:07

It does not mean, that is wrong, if you do not using it. 

I agree it is not wrong... not a bug. 

.. if you do not using it.

But with the current implementation I cannot avoid using the other sorts (the ones I don't want to use) because one has to press the blue button another 5 times to get past them.

I know none of you agree with my comments and are inclined to support 'no change', 'if its not broken, no need to change'.  That opinion is very understandable.  I just think OpenPLi has more unnecessary features than it needs in this area.

Anyhow, have a nice day :)

Edited by stick50jr, 9 April 2014 - 01:10.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Openpli4, ET9000

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users