Photo

skins for small TV's (readable)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 nl2han

• 71 posts

Neutral

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:28

I have just connected my dm800hd to an older CRT 70cm tv. I understand that HD is a bit overkill for the tv, but the old dm500 wasn't working properly anymore.

Now i am looking for skins that are easier to read on a smaller TV, so with bigger fonts and a size that will fit on the screen; i have tried a couple of skins so far but most of them are beyond the edges of my tv, so information is disappearing.

Any tips on skins to try ?? please let me know.

dm800hd se + ziggo kaartje

Re: skins for small TV's (readable) #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,679 posts

+1,740
Excellent

Posted 12 April 2014 - 14:41

You need to look for an SD skin, like the old Magic skin, or an HD skin that supports overscan (most don't, as any full-HD screen is capable of displaying the full resolution).

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: skins for small TV's (readable) #3 Loui (PD1LOI)

• 4,530 posts

+140
Excellent

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:27

You can try this  http://openpli.org/f...st&p=412949 for HD as well as SD. 
There are 2 skins present PD1LOI PD1LOI-HD and Full HD

Re: skins for small TV's (readable) #4 nl2han

• 71 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 April 2014 - 14:57

just installed the pd1loi; working fine but still some characters beside the edges. By the way, the SD skin will not show the weather as in your topic i suppose ?

dm800hd se + ziggo kaartje

Re: skins for small TV's (readable) #5 Loui (PD1LOI)

• 4,530 posts

+140
Excellent

Posted 13 April 2014 - 15:51

just installed the pd1loi; working fine but still some characters beside the edges. By the way, the SD skin will not show the weather as in your topic i suppose ?

The weather is working on PD1LOI-HD but you must restart your box. There are three folders in user/share/enigma2 

PD1LOI HD / PD1LOI Full-HD / piconYWeather. 
The piconYWeather folder should contain else does not work.

Edited by Loui (PD1LOI), 13 April 2014 - 15:56.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users