Photo

Support OpenPLI for GI XPEED LX3?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 hypnos

• 67 posts

Neutral

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:16

Hi, can you add to your support receivers Golden interstar xpeed LX3? It will be super, Openpli is best off.

Thanks

Re: Support OpenPLI for GI XPEED LX3? #2 alsat1

• 221 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:53

I will be also very happy if team pli will release image for LX3.I alawys used openpli on my dreamboxes but now I am the owner of LX3 and currently with openatv image on it,but clear,fast openpli will be much better.regards.

Re: Support OpenPLI for GI XPEED LX3? #3 hypnos

• 67 posts

Neutral

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:44

Yes, OpenPLI is more faster and better then OpenATV. And I used OpenPLI on all my receivers. If it will be need donation, I am ready :))))) I trust that it will be possible.

Re: Support OpenPLI for GI XPEED LX3? #4 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,076 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:09

I second this request, it seems that manufacturer behing Golden Interstar LX-3 and Sezam Marvel (same hardware) is quite open minded on bug escalation on there drivers.

So far this GI LX-3 is already working very well.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Support OpenPLI for GI XPEED LX3? #5 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 28 May 2014 - 14:04

We only add support on request of and in close cooperation with the manufacturer.

We have a intake procedure which we follow for all manufacturers, so if they want OpenPLi support, they can knock on our door and we'll start the intake.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Support OpenPLI for GI XPEED LX3? #6 hypnos

• 67 posts

Neutral

Posted 28 May 2014 - 14:12

We only add support on request of and in close cooperation with the manufacturer.

We have a intake procedure which we follow for all manufacturers, so if they want OpenPLi support, they can knock on our door and we'll start the intake.

That is a pity. 

Ok, i will try contact manufacturer :)

Edited by hypnos, 28 May 2014 - 14:14.

Re: Support OpenPLI for GI XPEED LX3? #7 alsat1

• 221 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 28 May 2014 - 14:40

That is a pity. 

Ok, i will try contact manufacturer :)

Me to,mayby if more people will ask the manufacturer then more chance for their contact with pli team.

Re: Support OpenPLI for GI XPEED LX3? #8 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 28 May 2014 - 15:28

There are several OpenPLi based images that have end-user-based support for hardware we do not support.

We have decided not to take that route, the only way to maintain a high quality is to have direct manufacturer support, so issues (both with hardware and software)  can be fixed quickly.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Support OpenPLI for GI XPEED LX3? #9 Persian Prince

• 1,982 posts

+247
Excellent

Posted 29 May 2014 - 14:47

http://www.xpeed-lx.de is a reseller

Venton (INI) is the master company

Open Vision sources: https://github.com/OpenVisionE2

Re: Support OpenPLI for GI XPEED LX3? #10 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 29 May 2014 - 15:09

A reseller doesn't need to bother, we need direct access to the development team, which an OEM reseller can't provide.

Re: Support OpenPLI for GI XPEED LX3? #11 Persian Prince

• 1,982 posts

+247
Excellent

Posted 29 May 2014 - 18:01

A reseller doesn't need to bother, we need direct access to the development team, which an OEM reseller can't provide.

yes and i just wanted to inform you ;)

http://venton.de

https://github.com/a...ab=repositories

Open Vision sources: https://github.com/OpenVisionE2

Re: Support OpenPLI for GI XPEED LX3? #12 athoik

• PLi® Core member
  • 8,458 posts

+327
Excellent

Posted 30 May 2014 - 07:54

Developer team is the one that builds (closed source) drivers... (among other things)

Edited by athoik, 30 May 2014 - 07:55.

Wavefield T90: 0.8W - 1.9E - 4.8E - 13E - 16E - 19.2E - 23.5E - 26E - 33E - 39E - 42E - 45E on EMP Centauri DiseqC 16/1
Unamed: 13E Quattro - 9E Quattro on IKUSI MS-0916

Re: Support OpenPLI for GI XPEED LX3? #13 hypnos

• 67 posts

Neutral

Posted 31 May 2014 - 18:08

I wrote email, but only via their official web page. I dont know, if it will resend my message. We will see.

Edited by hypnos, 31 May 2014 - 18:08.

Re: Support OpenPLI for GI XPEED LX3? #14 mdshd

• 140 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:08

If I would buy a reciever, then would at first take a look how the support there is, and then i'm going to buy a receiver. With et10000 you will get the best receiver on the market and as you can see OpenPli works very very well with xtrend et10000.

ET10000

Re: Support OpenPLI for GI XPEED LX3? #15 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,076 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 16 June 2014 - 17:24

Compare the spec of the Xtrend ET1000 with the Golden Interstar Xpeed LX-3... then compare the price.   I did the test, the price difference is around 130€ for the same setup (2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-T2/C). Quite expensive just for support I think... :angry:

Do you know if ET-10000 still have a security board?

I am also an happy owner of 2 ET-9000 and I was waiting for the ET10000 (because the Xtrend driver are far better than the VU+ one),  but I choose to give a chance to GI Xpeed LX-3 and it is working really fine and stable but of course I would also like to have official Openpli support for it.

Lets hope that Golden Interstar will contact Openpli to make this possible.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

Re: Support OpenPLI for GI XPEED LX3? #16 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 16 June 2014 - 17:43

Do you know if ET-10000 still have a security board?

Yes: it has an improved version of the security board (as does the 8k).
There are several PLi-based images available for the LX3.

Re: Support OpenPLI for GI XPEED LX3? #17 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,076 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 16 June 2014 - 20:28

Thanks I know but I would prefer the orignal Openpli image...  ;)

Re: Support OpenPLI for GI XPEED LX3? #18 mdshd

• 140 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 17 June 2014 - 04:19

@Pr2, I also took a look at the LX3, but then I saw that my favourite and absolutely best Image OpenPLi, do not have support for LX3, so i decided to buy et10000, and I couldn't be happier :) Amazing box. EUR 130,- who cares, for EUR 130,- now you do not have the complete pakage with original Openpli and maybe waisting time and waiting OpenPli to get the support. You also could buy the et10000 and the difference of EUR 130,- you could earn with some more hours work instead writing in the forum for free and waitnig. TIme is money and et10000 works like no other receiver on the market and the picture you couldn't belive it! ;) Do not understand me in a bad way, i do not want to tell you how to earn money, it is not my business, but how I handle things, so I can get the best devices for my home, even if they cost some more. I had a dm7020hd 7 days ago and sell it after, you don't belive it, after over 1 month selling. Nobody wants dreambox anymore. I can tell you that, the dm7020hd has nothing in no case better than et10000 and the most important, OpenPli support. 

Now you are disapointed, that there is no support for LX3. And psychologicaly this is not good for the health and for the heart. Maybe you are angry in a way because your situation with LX3 is not a perfect solution, it is not better to be happy? :) why not sell LX3 and buy et10000? Thats so easy. But if ypu sell now LX3, if you can, maybe you will loose some money and the difference to et10000 will be now maybe EUR 230,-. But if you find someone, who can buy it for good price, you can be happy with amazing et10000 and amazing OpenPLi.

The best way I think to buy nowadays a Receiver ist to look, which have a good support from OpenPLi also with hbbtv. For axample there are Openpli Images for dmm, but without hbbtv, because of the closed source from dmm. If I would buy dmm, I only would have few Images with support, merlin3, gp3 addon, tsimage, newnigma and some greek and italian images, but all in the same way with some functions, a little bit better than the poor original dmm image, and no image has a good EPG support, audio selection and subtitle support like OpenPLi. I think this are basics for all customers which are not german, and watch TV or Films with subtitle and watching TV in different languages but not only reason to use OpenPLi.  Germans watch TV and films at 99% with german sync, they do not need subtitles, audio selection and better EPG (German Channels send good EPG), thats why dmm sucks and Images made from german. Not all but most. 

So dmm will loose all the customers outside and also inside Germany. So now we have more Receivers and not only dmm. And there are more than only et10000 which are good. But we should focus on OpenPLi support on Receivers and have better lifes and more time to work for money, more time for friends and family and not waisting time on bad images and bad Boxes. Thats why my choise is original OpenPLi. Its like iOS and Mac OS, just works.

And the et10000 in black looks live much better than on the photos on the internet and much better than dm7020hd. With my Samsung 55f8080 the et10000 looks amazing. VU+ duo2 and other VU+'s are not beautiful for my taste. The remote of et10000 works amazing, ubeliveble. 

And the manufactures looses money if they don't invest in OpenPLi support. Who will buy their receivers nowadays which are not supported by OpenPLi? If I were manufacture, i would invest and pay in OpenPLi support, so I can earn more money and sell more Boxes. 

Edited by mdshd, 17 June 2014 - 04:22.

ET10000

Re: Support OpenPLI for GI XPEED LX3? #19 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 17 June 2014 - 06:18

And the manufactures looses money if they don't invest in OpenPLi support. Who will buy their receivers nowadays which are not supported by OpenPLi? If I were manufacture, i would invest and pay in OpenPLi support, so I can earn more money and sell more Boxes.

So only Xtrend & VU+ will make money then?

Re: Support OpenPLI for GI XPEED LX3? #20 mdshd

• 140 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 17 June 2014 - 07:17

:) not only, but a good support is a argument for buying a receiver nowadays, and I would say at the moment, xtrend and VU+ have a very good support and have good receivers.

Edited by mdshd, 17 June 2014 - 07:17.

ET10000

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users