• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mdshd

• 140 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:20

Hello,

How can I shorten the Title in channelselection. I want only to show the name, nothing else.

Instead of:

Kanalliste (TV) - Bouquets/Sports

->

Sports

Is there any plugin for openpli?

ET10000

Re: ChannelSelcetion Short Title #2 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,272 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:26

Why do you need it... At this moment there is no support to get this short...

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: ChannelSelcetion Short Title #3 mdshd

• 140 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 17 June 2014 - 03:12

I ask because i do not se the logic behind this long items. I know it is Channellist, I know it is a bouquet, but what i want to see immediately is the name of the bouquet. Psychologicaly some things are very strange for the eyes in enigma skins and for the brain if you everytime have to search after information and separate them. 

Because I make a skin, and it should be light, as apple do the designs without kitch. Without information which are not needed every time you switch channel, or open the channellist and so on. So I focus by skin of mine psychologicaly to be only with the most important information in the infobar (without orbitalposition, duration, next event epg) there is only current session picon + eventtime + sesseion.event.now at the bottom 70px height so it is not over half of the screen everytime i switch. I want to focus on what is now, and so i want to remove uneeded text to be more compfortable for eyes, brain so you can relax and not to be overforced with 90% information which are not needed in epg or channellist everytime you open or switch. There is also secondinfobar and there is the rest of information. Now and Next epg with full description, orbital and so on. 

Thats why I asked for extra column for EPG or to hide channelname in channelselection and use picon. I don't know how other people do, but logicaly if I open the channellist i'm focusing on the EPG whats now on my favourite channels, the channelname is secondary for me on first focus! But the channelname makes it dificult now to sort the EPG from the channelname because they are together and i should read everytime all text. The brain and eyes are getting after some time switching and zapping tired. 

OpenPLi is for me as iOS in the mobile segment. Stable, professional, all is working, there are not greenscreens and logical functions there is all i need to watch TV or Movies. Unbeliveble good.

And this, what I'm asking for, are only few things for the esthetics which would relax eyes and brain and have more clear list so the brain know where to watch and have not to separate information and text.

I hope you don't understand me in a bad way, this is no critics, i would say recomendations to make openpli more better and more felxible for skinning, to have the chance to make openpli in the esthetic more better.

Now I need for example for the Channellist title 30-50px in height and 300px-500px in width bottom or top. If it were short, I could take the title on left or right side. Now it is not possible, because left or right there is not much place to take so long titles, doesn't matter how I place the list of the channelselection. 

If it were in OpenPLi 4.0 final, it would be great.

Edited by mdshd, 17 June 2014 - 03:16.

ET10000

Re: ChannelSelcetion Short Title #4 nietgiftig

• 787 posts

+39
Good

Posted 17 June 2014 - 15:49

I know it is Channellist, I know it is a bouquet, but what i want to see immediately is the name of the bouquet.

You are right !!

Edited by nietgiftig, 17 June 2014 - 15:54.

Hardware: Master VU Uno 4K SE  1x Mut@nt HD51.4K & 2x ZgemmaH9T
Software : Pli (v7) (7.1rc) 2019 

Re: ChannelSelcetion Short Title #5 mdshd

• 140 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 20 June 2014 - 16:04

So OpenPli is absolutely the BEST, I love you guys!!! Such great support without discussion. There is show columns option in Channelselection now.  I did see it today :), After one day skinning CoolTV Guide for nothing  :). LOVE YOU!! I can see the EPG now in the ChannelSelection! PERFECT!

Now the shrot title and then is all perfect.

cheers!

Edited by mdshd, 20 June 2014 - 16:05.

ET10000

Re: ChannelSelcetion Short Title #6 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,272 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 20 June 2014 - 18:09

Why do you need coolTVGuide as the GMEPG build in is approx the same and as far I know faster?

On the column stuff I do want to perform some additional work... so in a few days there could be slight differences... (the devide function made in fact no sense at all).

Edited by littlesat, 20 June 2014 - 18:11.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: ChannelSelcetion Short Title #7 mdshd

• 140 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 20 June 2014 - 19:22

Now I 'don't need cooltv, i like the channellist in OpenPLi.

Yes, I tested the devide option too, but as you say, no sense...

what you could do if possible, i don't really know how the picon rendering is now handled but...

If I put picons with native height 45px, and serviceItemHeight take in the skin.xml on 45px, the picon should not be rendered. Now in enigma2 in all images you have choice 30px or 60px but both sizes are bad for 720p. 30px to small and 60px to big to make beautiful design in channellist. The 45px height is amazing for channellist so there can be 12-15 Channels in the list with picons for skinners. Maybe something can be done in this way. I wanted to tell you that , if you are working on servicelist.py to put some code for that too. So we have for future skinning the middle size. I will upload then 45px height picons whnem i'm finished with them, just working on the picons and new skin. 

Edited by mdshd, 20 June 2014 - 19:24.

ET10000

Re: ChannelSelcetion Short Title #8 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,272 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 20 June 2014 - 19:35

Picons do autosize by the skin when the skin does use openpli's picon renderer...  picons can be placed on any device in the root in the /picon directory. The renderer is located in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Renderer.

(you kan install the sources in openpli with opkg install enigma2-src)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users