NAS

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 joigunni

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 June 2014 - 19:39

Hi

I have a Synology NAS drive and I like to stream video from it to my VU+, but I have no idea how to do this. If I go to NetworkBrowser on my VU I can see my sinology but no file under it, any help...

Re: how to stream from NAS drive #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 17 June 2014 - 19:46

You need to creeate a CIFS share for it. Once done it will pop up in the NetworkBrowser and you can create a mount for it.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: how to stream from NAS drive #3 Trial

• 1,127 posts

+34
Good

Posted 17 June 2014 - 19:56

Hi,

personally I would use NFS instead of CIFS.

ciao

Re: how to stream from NAS drive #4 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 17 June 2014 - 19:57

Hi,

You simply need to define a user/password on your Synology, allow this user on the share that you want to access... use networkbrowser and type this user / password when you will create your mount point.

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: how to stream from NAS drive #5 joigunni

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 June 2014 - 23:13

ok, still not sure what to do, If I go to Shared Folder in Synology I can create new shared folder, but there is no option for NFS or CIF, I have Synology DC411j  running DSM5.0.

And in VU+, in mount point I go to "Add new network mount point" I got this option "Locla share name", "Mount type", "server ip", " sercver share", "Use HDD replacement" and "Mount options"  

In "Local share name" I put shared folder name that I choose on Synology (video), and in "mount type" I choose NFS share, server Ip I type IP of my synology (192.168.1.66), but in "server share" I have no idea and in Mount options I have no idea. 

There is no User and password option....

Re: how to stream from NAS drive #6 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:48

personally I would use NFS instead of CIFS.

Me too, but those shares will not pop up in the NetworkBrowser, and that was the question.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: how to stream from NAS drive #7 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:50

Can you see the share from a Windows PC if you access the synology? If the answer is yes, then it's a CIFS share.

I am not familiar with the mount options of Enigma (I use the commandline), so I have to pass the rest of the question on to someone else.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NAS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users