• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Kers

• 43 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 2 July 2014 - 09:50

Hello!

The default skin leaves quite a lot of screen real-estate unused on the edges, presumably to be usable even with overscan.

I would like to use this space more productively, namely to allow more channels on one screen of channel list or EPG and to have a bigger preview window.

Is it possible to adjust this in Vu Duo2 version of the image? If not, could someone suggest a good skin for this purpose?

Thanks!

Re: [Vu Duo2] Adjusting OSD size for non-overscan use or suggestions on skin to use #2 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 2 July 2014 - 10:17

In fact it's the other way around: OSD-position allows the OSD to shrink, so it will fit on your telly in case overscan is used. Enlarging OSD is not possible.

It is indeed a pity that the default PLi-HD skin leaves an enormous area all around unused. There are several screens (channel selection/movie selection/EPG) that really could make good use of all available space.

Re: [Vu Duo2] Adjusting OSD size for non-overscan use or suggestions on skin to use #3 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,273 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 2 July 2014 - 10:41

Please try PLi-HD-FullNight skin that is in development...

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: [Vu Duo2] Adjusting OSD size for non-overscan use or suggestions on skin to use #4 Kers

• 43 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 2 July 2014 - 12:17

Thanks for the tip, its much better than the default skin!

Unfortunately it still leaves quite a lot of space at the top of the screen and I dont think the preview screen is any bigger.

Re: [Vu Duo2] Adjusting OSD size for non-overscan use or suggestions on skin to use #5 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 2 July 2014 - 12:35

Unfortunately it still leaves quite a lot of space at the top of the screen and I dont think the preview screen is any bigger.

Yeah, same impression as I have. I hope this is WiP.

Re: [Vu Duo2] Adjusting OSD size for non-overscan use or suggestions on skin to use #6 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 2 July 2014 - 13:01

Not sure if it's indeed WiP: it's a skin from Delagroov, disguised as PLi-skin (see https://github.com/l...lNight/issues/2).

Re: [Vu Duo2] Adjusting OSD size for non-overscan use or suggestions on skin to use #7 mdshd

• 140 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 2 July 2014 - 17:56

In fact it's the other way around: OSD-position allows the OSD to shrink, so it will fit on your telly in case overscan is used. Enlarging OSD is not possible.

It is indeed a pity that the default PLi-HD skin leaves an enormous area all around unused. There are several screens (channel selection/movie selection/EPG) that really could make good use of all available space.

Enlarging is possible! The only thing OSD position plugin do is enlarging. it enlarges the OSD from the native size. Thats why the quality of the Skins is very very bad. Picons are also enlarged and is also the reason picons look very very bad in infobar and channelselection. Thats the reason

If I uninstall OSD position plugin, then I have the native size on the screen and all is sharp. the picons are sharp as they should be.

If I have set 1080 in AV Settings and on my TV no overscan (like 16:9) then natively is 1280x720 smaller than the screen. OSD position do only enlarge the native size to the screen size.

But everybody can try. Uninstall OSD position plugin, then you will see sharp skin, sharp picons and sharp fonts. 

The best way is 1920x1080 for skins so they match the size of the screen, I used on dmm images with dreambox my own 1920x1080 skin. it worked well, better then 98% of the skins with kitch graphics, but hbbtv sucks with 1280x720 and is the only thing that makes professional designs and skinning impossible on enigma2. If HBBTV could work with 1920x1080, then it were the problem solved. 

But now if you like sharp skin, the size must be 13...x8... and uninstall the OSD position plugin because this plugin enlarges the OSD and makes it unsharp.

ET10000

Re: [Vu Duo2] Adjusting OSD size for non-overscan use or suggestions on skin to use #8 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 4 July 2014 - 17:35

The frame buffer of many boxes, including the VU's, don't support 'full HD'. AFAIK only Xtrends do that, but as you said: their HbbTV skins don't.

Re: [Vu Duo2] Adjusting OSD size for non-overscan use or suggestions on skin to use #9 Trial

• 1,127 posts

+34
Good

Posted 4 July 2014 - 19:37

Hi,

look at the plugin again. You can only shrink not enlarge!

Ralf

,Enlarging is possible! The only thing OSD position plugin do is enlarging. it enlarges the OSD from the native size.,

Re: [Vu Duo2] Adjusting OSD size for non-overscan use or suggestions on skin to use #10 catastrofus

• 3,445 posts

+43
Good

Posted 7 July 2014 - 19:59

Nice skin! I like it a lot but if you can stretch it a bit in width/height (use the full 1920x1080 pixels) this skin can be an (non-overscan) alternative for the PLi-HD skin.

Please try PLi-HD-FullNight skin that is in development...

Edited by catastrofus, 7 July 2014 - 20:00.

2 x ultimo4k (dvb-c fbc + 1 dvb-s2, 8.3r/nb) + een et10k/osmini (geen tuners en dus fallbackclient, nb) met een Synology ds214+ (2 x 6 TB) op DSM 7.1.1 in ziggo oost (voormalig @Home) + A1/A2/A3/HB (TechniSat)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users