Ecm window on OSD

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

Re: Ecm window on OSD #21 shani

• 11 posts

Neutral

Posted 7 August 2014 - 20:54

@Robinson see the attachment.

now its 3 encryptions but showing conax only.

@2boom could explain more I think.

And Why can't I edit my first post?

The image was found on the internet but I want to edit/remove it from post. How to edit first post?

Attached Files

• Attached File  pli.jpg   71.83KB   50 downloads

Edited by shani, 7 August 2014 - 20:57.

Re: Ecm window on OSD #22 2boom

• 100 posts

+17
Neutral

Posted 7 August 2014 - 21:27

@shani

I do not have unfortunately....

need to look at /tmp/ecm.info

Edited by 2boom, 7 August 2014 - 21:31.

Re: Ecm window on OSD #23 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,593 posts

+1,738
Excellent

Posted 7 August 2014 - 21:28

You are assuming that !!

That is what I wrote, yes.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Ecm window on OSD #24 shani

• 11 posts

Neutral

Posted 7 August 2014 - 22:13

@shani

I do not have unfortunately....

need to look at /tmp/ecm.info

Ok Thanks, I will dig into that  B)

That is what I wrote, yes.

I didn't mean it, just wanted the feature in OpenPli as I explained.

If its violating the rules, You are the Mod, you can delete the picture in my first post as it does not mean anything to me and was found on the internet randomly. 

Nothing Personal  :)

Re: Ecm window on OSD #25 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,271 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 7 August 2014 - 23:12

Ecm.info is shown in softcamsetup screen...

Edited by littlesat, 7 August 2014 - 23:12.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Ecm window on OSD #26 Robinson

• 2,616 posts

+30
Good

Posted 8 August 2014 - 14:07

Ecm.info is shown in softcamsetup screen...

Yes, but it only shows in detail the one ECM that is actually used in descrambling by the user.

And I would very much like to see all CAID's and all ECM PID's and all provider id's present on every channel.

I think this is shown in the screenshot in the first post. I really miss such feature in OpenPLi and it has nothing to do with illegal activities.

I think Oscam shows this information in Oscam log but I would love to see that on the box.

ET9000, OpenPLi 4.0, 13E, 19E

HD51, OpenPLi 6.2, 75E - 30W

Re: Ecm window on OSD #27 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,271 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 8 August 2014 - 15:58

All caids with the ecmpid is easy to make.... But in e2 you do not get te provider id from the ptm...

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Ecm window on OSD #28 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,074 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 8 August 2014 - 16:22

Hi,

I really wonder why this info is missing to some people?

When you have your own subscription card in your STB, you will unscramble from that card, and you probably know which CAID it uses, and the ECM PID used for descrambling is already available.
Every usefull info when a channel is properly unscrambled is already there.

So far, nobody convince me that this info is missing in OpenPLi skin...

So I join WanWizard thinking that this info is only relevant for people doing illegal activities.

And if you watch carefully the first screen you will see that the output come from a shell script (var/.../cryptinfo.sh), simply copy it and run it, and I guess that you will need to install dvbsnoop. :-)

Pr2

Edited by Pr2, 8 August 2014 - 16:26.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Ecm window on OSD #29 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,593 posts

+1,738
Excellent

Posted 8 August 2014 - 17:02

I would go even further: if you have your own subscription card, why would you care which CAID and ECM PID it is using? I have paid for it, it descrambles, I watch. full stop.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Ecm window on OSD #30 jpuigs

• 1,143 posts

+32
Good

Posted 8 August 2014 - 17:31

But If a service can be descrambled using two CAIDs ?

I have several official own smartcards, one for spanish CANAL+, one for MTV Unlimited.......

In my own case I can LEGALLY descramble VH1 Europe Channel  using two caids, the 0100 (CANAL + SECA) and the 0B00 (MTV Conax)..

Edited by jpuigs, 8 August 2014 - 17:31.

Enigma is getting old....

Spoiler

Re: Ecm window on OSD #31 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,074 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 8 August 2014 - 19:00

Yes and then??? Why do you need a full dump of all possible ECMs????
You have 2 cards, you can already see which one is used in second info bar without any problem, if you want to force things you need to do it in your softcam setup to prioritize the one that you want.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

Re: Ecm window on OSD #32 jpuigs

• 1,143 posts

+32
Good

Posted 8 August 2014 - 21:00

Dont really need it, but it's beautifull to see numbers and information altough you don't need it ;)

Spoiler

Re: Ecm window on OSD #33 Satpal

• 299 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 8 August 2014 - 23:16

@WanWizard and Pr2

It may well be that you don't understand the need for this feature. Probably as I don't feel the need to choose between dozends of different skins, fonts or whatever. But I also don't feel the need to share my point of view about it in topics about skins and fonts.

Just one recent example: When Pink O TV started transmitting not too long ago they were switching on and off CAIDs and Provider-IDs almost on a daily basis. So you could never be sure which one was available and which card you would have to purchase to watch it.

In respect of providing certain information E2 just seems to be a slight backstep compared to E1 e.g. the signal meter, too.

To add a lighter note in the spirit of jpuigs reply I feel compelled to quote Monty Python here: "No one expects the Spanish Inquisition". Certainly didn't expect it here.

Re: Ecm window on OSD #34 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,593 posts

+1,738
Excellent

Posted 9 August 2014 - 08:17

I think you have it wrong, at least in my case.

You ask for additional functionality, and I ask you for the use-case. If something has to be made, spare time of a developer has to be put in it, and that has to be worth while. Nobody is going to spend time on something that hasn't got a use-case.

p.s. I haven't seen this functionality in an OpenPLi E1 image either, and I was a pretty early DM7000 user...

Re: Ecm window on OSD #35 Robinson

• 2,616 posts

+30
Good

Posted 9 August 2014 - 11:11

Well, for me it is just love of numbers.

I like to have lots of information. Back in the old days a patched Humax IRCI 5400 firmware showed us such information and even interpreted it.

Some of us like to play with skins, font sizes etc. while others prefer information contained in numbers.

This is the information I'd love to see on my box:

Attached Files

Re: Ecm window on OSD #36 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,271 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 9 August 2014 - 11:16

In fact all you need is dvbsnoop.... ;)

Re: Ecm window on OSD #37 Robinson

• 2,616 posts

+30
Good

Posted 9 August 2014 - 13:18

Thanks, littlesat.

I do have dvbsnoop and I like to look at its output on the computer but it is far from convenient or user-friendly. It would be so much easier to have a plugin like the one in the first post.

I hope sooner or later someone will be willing to spend some time and make it possible to use it on OpenPLi.

Does it show ECM info for all CAID's present on a given channel?

For example, Sky Cinema from the first post seems to have 6 ECM CAID's. Does your plugin show them all, including 6 ECM PID's and 6 provider ID's or just information for the one actually used in descrambling?

Also, does it show the data if a channel cannot be descrambled by the user?

Good point. I will look into that.

Thanks. :)

Re: Ecm window on OSD #38 jpuigs

• 1,143 posts

+32
Good

Posted 9 August 2014 - 13:52

And I didn't expect to see here flying donkeys....

Spoiler

Re: Ecm window on OSD #39 jpuigs

• 1,143 posts

+32
Good

Posted 9 August 2014 - 19:27

I forgot to quote SatPal in the former post.

To add a lighter note in the spirit of jpuigs reply I feel compelled to quote Monty Python here: "No one expects the Spanish Inquisition". Certainly didn't expect it here

FYI  I'm Spanish.

Spoiler

Re: Ecm window on OSD #40 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,074 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 11 August 2014 - 14:01

Hi,

Yes but asking for features just for a "nice to have", is not a good approach, either you have development skills and you provide the patch that can be integrated in the code or you don't.

If you don't it is normal to have a discussion if this feature is really useful or not... for me it is "a nice to have" since you get it from a dvbsnoop or most softcam provide such info in there Webif.

When you have troubles in PROVID:CAID it is in the softcam that you have to look at, not in OpenPLi, it is the job of the softcam to handle this.

If you can convince developers that this feature is really useful I guess they will take time to implement it. I know that OpenPLi is open-minded because they already implement changes I suggest but I also have to explain why those features were needed and I do it.

Pr2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users