Belgian ondemand started with VTM VIDEO

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Anzo

• 310 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 21 August 2014 - 18:33

The flemish commercial station VTM started with an ondemand service called VTM VIDEO. The site includes full episodes of programs. Unfortunately the videos are presented in Adobe Flash. Can this be used to build a plugin? The website is http://vtm.be/video/...ge-afleveringen.

Attached Files

Groet, André

:blink:

Re: Belgian ondemand started with VTM VIDEO #2 mfaraj57

• 1,605 posts

+286
Excellent

Posted 22 August 2014 - 00:43

enigma2 and gstreamer cannot play adobe flash

Re: Belgian ondemand started with VTM VIDEO #3 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:49

Is there an explanation for this? I thought Flash was meant for all platforms. And even phones can use it.

Re: Belgian ondemand started with VTM VIDEO #4 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:41

Flash is closed source, and while there is a binary for Linux distro's, you won't be able to run it on the box without a recompile, for which you need the source.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Belgian ondemand started with VTM VIDEO #5 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:25

And besides that, flash specifies a container, not codecs. If the flash file uses codecs that are not supported by the stb, it won't work anyway.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Belgian ondemand started with VTM VIDEO #6 redneck eyeball

• PLi® Core member
  • 9,735 posts

+15
Neutral

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:08

Since you can play the video's also from an iPad, some reverse engineering could be done to get access to the source. Or to at least understand how the format works. I'm sure there is some logic in the filenaming.

You can compare this service for Belgium to the Net Gemist in NL, so a plugin to support this would be usefull :)

I'm certain someone will see a challenge in this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users