is it possible to record iptv

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

Re: is it possible to record iptv #81 astons

• 16 posts

Neutral

Posted 1 June 2017 - 10:14

Hello guys

A very entertaining thread this... who needs TV drama when we have this ;)

but seriously...

I am a bit of a VU+ novice (Solo 2), have some IPTV channels (.ts streams)

When I press the red button, it does record, for about a minute or less, then the IPTV stream freezes and I have to stop the recording and re-start the stream if I want to watch the stream again.

Do you know why it records, but only a minute or so?

Thanks,

Fred.

Because your IPTV provider allows only one connection. Currently in E2 two connections are needed one for recording and one for live TV. Thats why your picture freezes, recording will be fine.

Edited by astons, 1 June 2017 - 10:14.

Re: is it possible to record iptv #82 astons

• 16 posts

Neutral

Posted 1 June 2017 - 10:15

Does anyone working on IPTV recording problems?

I have no idea how complicated would be to change E2 to use only one stream in IPTV case. Maybe one solution could be to internally restream live TV stream and then we could connect recording thread to that internal stream. In this case E2 recording code will stay same we will just change recording source stream from IPTV provider to internal. Second I guess complicated solution would be to change E2 recording code regarding IPTV to use data from live TV stream. Maybe we could pass just live TV stream handle to the recording thread instead opening new stream. I don't know, I never worked on E2.

Any idea?

Re: is it possible to record iptv #83 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,585 posts

+1,738
Excellent

Posted 1 June 2017 - 10:17

Complicated. IPTV in general will be looked at (but in what way or form hasn't been decided yet) after the new release.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: is it possible to record iptv #84 astons

• 16 posts

Neutral

Posted 1 June 2017 - 10:29

Thanks for fast answer!

Re: is it possible to record iptv #85 ian1095

• 462 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 1 June 2017 - 10:53

Complicated. IPTV in general will be looked at (but in what way or form hasn't been decided yet) after the new release.

Absolute first priority when it is looked at is to add Auto Reconnect to a failed stream in Enigma2 !!!

Ive successfully added it to plugins, but not to E2 when streaming from Bouquets.

Edited by ian1095, 1 June 2017 - 10:54.

Re: is it possible to record iptv #86 astons

• 16 posts

Neutral

Posted 1 June 2017 - 11:16

Absolute first priority when it is looked at is to add Auto Reconnect to a failed stream in Enigma2 !!!

Ive successfully added it to plugins, but not to E2 when streaming from Bouquets.

Well, how that suppose to work from Bouquets, when user press recording and IPTV provider allows only one connection?

I guess it will be real mess, live TV thread will try to reconnect while recording thread will try to reconnect, all that in the loop ....

Like how I see all problems are coming from recording and dual streaming from the source.

Of course you could disable IPTV recording from Bouquets than Auto Reconnect, will work ok.

Re: is it possible to record iptv #87 astons

• 16 posts

Neutral

Posted 1 June 2017 - 11:25

First I guess we need to make IPTV only with one stream (main stream). Than on that main stream we could connect timeshift and recording. After that we could add Auto Reconnect on main IPTV stream.

Re: is it possible to record iptv #88 astons

• 16 posts

Neutral

Posted 24 June 2017 - 08:34

Maybe we could fix IPTV multi connection problem with some service app or with plug-in. So we know that for live TV, recording and time shift is same time we need 3 connections to IPTV provider. Most IPTV providers are not allowing multi connections. Even if there is no connections restrictions is not very good idea to download few exactly same streams over the internet especially in 1080p.

I do not know how complicated E2 is but some guys told me its very complicated so I have suggestion how we could overcome multi connection problem without change in E2. We know that one stream is needed for live TV and second for recording. We could make some service app which could run internally on port 1234. In IPTV case E2 should connect to that app on port 1234 instead of directly to the IPTV provider. When we press recording E2 will again try to open new stream via that app on port 1234 for recording. App needs to check is that stream is already open if yes new connection will not be made app will simple re-stream first connection. So basically E2 could ask as many streams she needs on same channel app will simple re-stream it.

We could call app or plug-in like this:
#SERVICE xxxx:0:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:htt p://127.0.0.1:1234//iptv-provider.com:8080/live/username/password/112211.ts

Instead of this:
#SERVICE xxxx:0:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:htt p://iptv-provider.com:8080/live/username/password/112211.ts

xxxx = 1 or 4097

Solution is very simple and its not depending on E2 at all.

Any Comment?

Something else, I think its a bug in E2. Currently if you start recording with #SERVICE 4097:0:1, live TV will stop we know that. You can go and watch recording with player while box still records with out problems. BUT when you decide to stop watching that recording while box still records box will stop recording also. That must be a bug. If you try to watch something else with player its all ok, no affect.

Any Comment?

Edited by astons, 24 June 2017 - 08:37.

Re: is it possible to record iptv #89 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,585 posts

+1,738
Excellent

Posted 24 June 2017 - 10:58

The E2 code is very complicated, a bowl of spaghetti italians would be proud off, and without a single line of documentation. Add on top of that the fact that the code is littered with globals, and you've got your work cut out. :(

Rewritting that code, especially the timeshifting, is quite high on our todo list, but due to the complexity, nobody has dared to start work on it. After the next release, we will have separate branches and images for development and end-users, so that will be an opportunity to start development tasks with a bigger workload causing unstable images for a while...

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: is it possible to record iptv #90 astons

• 16 posts

Neutral

Posted 24 June 2017 - 11:31

I understand completely what you talking about, that's why I suggested work around solution.

5-6 yeas ago I made small IPcam server which worked like how I suggested above. Long time ago IPcam's was slow, total FPS is divided on how many clients you have connected. Example 10fps / 2 clients = 5fps per client. So I made small server app on PC which was directly connected on IPcam and all clients are connecting on that app. So I could connect as many clients I want with full 10fps per client.

E2 could stay like how it is now with this work around solution.

Edited by astons, 24 June 2017 - 11:34.

Re: is it possible to record iptv #91 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,585 posts

+1,738
Excellent

Posted 24 June 2017 - 11:51

Problem is we don't really like workaround solutions, as they tend to remain there forever, complicating future work. So though I understand where you are coming from, I don't think you'll find many supporters in the team for your suggestion. ;)

From what I understand (I am not a core dev) the current code can be greatly reduced and simplyfied, and while doing that, the requirements for stream handling can be incorporated as just another data source...

Re: is it possible to record iptv #92 astons

• 16 posts

Neutral

Posted 24 June 2017 - 12:01

Thanks for the explanation.

I forgot ... how timeshifting is working on E2 I have no idea, I guess its opens stream with tuner and its starts recording on hdd, when you unpause E2 start playing recording from hdd. It should be only one stream in timeshifting case (no live stream for TV only one for timeshifting) so its not clear to me why its not working even now.

Edited by astons, 24 June 2017 - 12:02.

Re: is it possible to record iptv #93 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,585 posts

+1,738
Excellent

Posted 24 June 2017 - 14:28

Believe me, you really don't want to know. Even after weeks of studing, the logic in the timshift code still has to be found. Sometimes I wonder what skills the original programmers had... (or perhaps lacked)...

Re: is it possible to record iptv #94 daddyjohn

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 7 August 2017 - 20:43

Hi all, for the love of God will we ever be able to record from all iptv service? Just got a month sub thinking I could record but no its 4097,Great, useless. I don't see why openpli can not do a version to include recording for any type of file that is read by the box as we can see it on the tv.

Can anyone tell me a provider that you can record but need two lines? I know with one line you can record then freezes and then you can just playback through what your recording and stop recording when program is over. So two lines and you can record one and watch another? I assume so. that can work but need a provder that can facilitate this. I am all for a way to record anything from any IPTV but seems its impossible as no remedy has been found.

Re: is it possible to record iptv #95 daddyjohn

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 7 August 2017 - 20:46

I have vu+ solo2 se clone.

Re: is it possible to record iptv #96 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,247 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 7 August 2017 - 21:33

Most IPTV service don't allow more than one stream at a time.

If you want to record change 4097 to 1.

Re: is it possible to record iptv #97 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,585 posts

+1,738
Excellent

Posted 7 August 2017 - 22:57

There's no OpenPLi for a clone box.

Furthermore, I don't really see why we would make it a priority to allow you to make an illegal recording from an illegal stream, we detest illegal activities which ruin it for the rest of us, and besides that, we've already got plenty on our plate.

Re: is it possible to record iptv #98 zeros

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,635 posts

+61
Good

Posted 9 August 2017 - 05:57

IPTV works here nicely, recording works even better. How do I get to watch that at once are two streams up? (so, as you write)
Tested for a week with the RC6.

Edited by zeros, 9 August 2017 - 05:58.

DM920UHD DVB-S2X TRIPLE tuner + Triple M.S tuner DVB-S2X, DVB-T2/T, QboxHD, QboxHD Mini, Icecrypt T2300HD,
Qviart Lunix3 4K, Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 4GB & 8GB

Vertex 4K60 4:4:4 600MHz

Re: is it possible to record iptv #99 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 9 August 2017 - 06:27

He is right. Recording uses a stream and if you watch same channel another time a second stream is used.
It's not easy to solve as this is the normal e2 behavior to use 2 "streams" in this case.
And as WanWizard wrote this is in most cases only a problem when you use illegal iptv pay servers.
Xtrend ET-9200, ET-8000, ET-10000, OpenPliPC on Ubuntu 12.04

Re: is it possible to record iptv #100 Gianni2504

• 33 posts

Neutral

Posted 9 December 2017 - 18:39

ozzsurf, you claim that I say you can't record IPtv and that is not true. So once again:

- 1:0:1 are dvb streams and can be recorded (just like any dvb program), and this is also possible on VU+, now with the new BSP/drivers from december 2014

- 4097:0:1 are "gstreamer" streams which can't be recorded

Most IPtv streams are 4097 (and you cannot choose that yourself) and can't be recorded.

I sincerely hope this is the last time I have to explain this.

THKS for job pefect work in vu+ thanks  :rolleyes:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users