46 replies to this topic

#1 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,247 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 19 October 2014 - 00:09

http://sourceforge.n...c8669f9019814b/

If someone has got a faulty LNB/Multiswitch let them use the advanced config options. The whole point of the simple option is that it is simple. This is the reason it was removed in the first place. Do we really need to add stupid options to the simple config for people that have broken equipment.

And TBH, the circular LNB option doesn't fit in the simple config either. There are many different types of circular LNBs with different local oscillator frequencies, so what makes this particular one so important that it is included in the simple config screen. Seems like it must be someone's personal configuration. Simple config option has only ever been for Universal LNBs up until now.

Edited by Huevos, 19 October 2014 - 00:13.

Re: What's the point in this commit? #2 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,271 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 19 October 2014 - 05:46

Let the creater/suggester please respond.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: What's the point in this commit? #3 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,012 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 19 October 2014 - 06:54

http://sourceforge.n...c8669f9019814b/

If someone has got a faulty LNB/Multiswitch let them use the advanced config options. The whole point of the simple option is that it is simple. This is the reason it was removed in the first place. Do we really need to add stupid options to the simple config for people that have broken equipment.

And TBH, the circular LNB option doesn't fit in the simple config either. There are many different types of circular LNBs with different local oscillator frequencies, so what makes this particular one so important that it is included in the simple config screen. Seems like it must be someone's personal configuration. Simple config option has only ever been for Universal LNBs up until now.

1)this is a simple quattro LNB,not faulty LNB/Multiswitch.

I tested on two different LNB.
And ask yourself why this option was made initially in enigma2?

2)circular LNB...

For thousands of users in Russia / Ukraine it is necessary.

I think of the convenience for people, and you?

Edited by Dima73, 19 October 2014 - 10:23.

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: What's the point in this commit? #4 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,247 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 19 October 2014 - 19:10

1) Simple config should be simple. Never heard of any LNB that needs a DiSEqC instruction. DiSEqC commands are to control DiSEqC switches and motors. If the LNB needs this it is faulty.

2) What makes this particular circular LNB more important than my circular LNB that uses a different local oscillator frequency, or different from Australian LNBs that use a different LO frequency again, or different from a US circular LNB that uses a different LO frequency too. Or more important than a Ka band LNB? Or more important than a C-band LNB? This is a personal configuration and doesn't belong in the simple config screen. Simple config screen is for Universal LNBs only. If you want a special config for this LNB add it in 'Advanced' as Russian circular LNB. But it certainly doesn't go in the simple screen.

Re: What's the point in this commit? #5 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,271 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 19 October 2014 - 19:36

1. Last month a friend of my had one,

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: What's the point in this commit? #6 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,247 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 19 October 2014 - 19:47

1. Last month a friend of my had one,

Littlesat, a faulty LNB is a faulty LNB no matter whose friend it belongs to. Lots of proprietory receivers use quad LNBs and don't have any DiSEqC control available. A normal LNB should not need, nor should it respond to DiSEqC commands in any way. If it does it is faulty.

And anyway even if someone has a broken LNB that requires this it can be achieved from the advanced config screen. Adding this just clutters the simple screen and makes it not simple at all.

Edited by Huevos, 19 October 2014 - 19:49.

Re: What's the point in this commit? #7 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,271 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 19 October 2014 - 19:48

What is fault about this lnb.... .?

Re: What's the point in this commit? #8 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,012 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 19 October 2014 - 20:31

This option("Send DiSEqC") has been configured for many years until Huevos not deleted it.

Re: What's the point in this commit? #9 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,012 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 19 October 2014 - 20:36

2) What makes this particular circular LNB more important than my circular LNB that uses a different local oscillator frequency, or different from Australian LNBs that use a different LO frequency again, or different from a US circular LNB that uses a different LO frequency too. Or more important than a Ka band LNB? Or more important than a C-band LNB? This is a personal configuration and doesn't belong in the simple config screen. Simple config screen is for Universal LNBs only. If you want a special config for this LNB add it in 'Advanced' as Russian circular LNB. But it certainly doesn't go in the simple screen.

image openPLi very popular in the CIS and 80% users use only satellite 36*e

In Russia, people(use PLi) are more than in the whole of Europe.

Re: What's the point in this commit? #10 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,247 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 19 October 2014 - 20:45

This option("Send DiSEqC") has been configured for many years until Huevos not deleted it.

It was deleted because it is not a simple configuration.

What makes this more important than any other LNB?

Re: What's the point in this commit? #11 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 19 October 2014 - 21:10

I really have no idea why PLi now wants to make 'simple' complicated?

There is the 'Advanced' setting for an advanced setup; why not use that when you have a more complicated setup?

Re: What's the point in this commit? #12 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,012 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 19 October 2014 - 21:14

It was deleted because it is not a simple configuration.

What makes this more important than any other LNB?

Do not use satellites 36/56 and you will not see the choice of a circular LNB.

+

http://forums.openpl...ndpost&p=450189

Re: What's the point in this commit? #13 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,247 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 19 October 2014 - 21:34

A specific LNB config, for a specific LO, on a specific satellite, and that is a Simple config?

But even worse is #1 as that is in the simple setup on every satellite. You set up Simple Single, which means a direct run to the LNB (no switches inline) and the screen is asking whether to send a DiSEqC command. And there is no hint text to explain what this is for. It plain wrong. Doesn't even say what DiSEqC command is being sent. Only way to know is read the code.

Edited by Huevos, 19 October 2014 - 21:35.

Re: What's the point in this commit? #14 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,593 posts

+1,738
Excellent

Posted 19 October 2014 - 23:26

Reading these posts, and not being an in-depth technical person (on this particular subject), I tend to agree with Huevos.

There are already a million and one options and settings in an OpenPLi image, that setting it up can be compared with programming a 1950's mainframe. Things should be simple, understandable from an end-users point of view, and documented.

Ideally any change that isn't documented shouldn't even be accepted, but unfortunately that requires documentation of the existing functionality, and nobody has dared to undertake that as of yet...

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: What's the point in this commit? #15 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 19 October 2014 - 23:31

A specific LNB config, for a specific LO, on a specific satellite, and that is a Simple config?

But even worse is #1 as that is in the simple setup on every satellite. You set up Simple Single, which means a direct run to the LNB (no switches inline) and the screen is asking whether to send a DiSEqC command. And there is no hint text to explain what this is for. It plain wrong. Doesn't even say what DiSEqC command is being sent. Only way to know is read the code.

It would require quite some hint text to explain sending a DiSEqC command on a non-DiSEqC setup ....

Re: What's the point in this commit? #16 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,271 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 20 October 2014 - 07:19

Thie was intended to make it simple for our russian users.... As default you do not need to change anything it stays simple.

Re: What's the point in this commit? #17 malakudi

• 1,449 posts

+69
Good

Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:31

I always thought "simple configuration" needed more options. Why not support for example diseqc 1.1 switched in "simple configuration"? Similar to diseqc 1.0 4 satellites, we could have diseqc 1.1 16 satellites, and just add the satellites in the 16 positions.

Huevos is right though for one thing: if we make a "simple configuration" option for Russian users (which indeed are many) we should also have "simple configurations" for USA/Australia etc people, or not have one at all.

Re: What's the point in this commit? #18 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,074 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 20 October 2014 - 10:27

Hi,

Sorry if I made I stupid suggestion but OpenPLi provide a simple configuration to ease people live can we imagine to have some "smart" approach behind it?

I mean if people configure, in simple mode, select satellite from 35/36° cannot we have a smart approach and then configure the circular stuff "automatically"?

If it fails then we advice them to use the advanced option?

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: What's the point in this commit? #19 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 20 October 2014 - 13:35

I agree with Huevos as well. It's not a "simple" option.

Besides that, I'd really to see a LNB that understands DiSeqC commands. At least I have never seen one, other than a composite switch-lnb, but that's still not the LNB interpreting the commands.

Edited by Erik Slagter, 20 October 2014 - 13:35.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: What's the point in this commit? #20 Sirius0103

• 19 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 20 October 2014 - 19:15

+1

without this option "there is no signal"...

Edited by Sirius0103, 20 October 2014 - 19:18.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users