Photo

What is the utility of .sc and .ap files around .ts files in MoviePlayer?

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

Re: What is the utility of .sc and .ap files around .ts files in MoviePlayer? #81 mxtv

• 10 posts

Neutral

Posted 8 October 2016 - 14:58

i downloaded tmdb and i dont see anything anywhere, it came up with errors when I tried installing it though.

Do you have any screenshots of what it does ?

Re: What is the utility of .sc and .ap files around .ts files in MoviePlayer? #82 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 8 October 2016 - 17:10

Anyway, the command line does work fine for my receiver. FFmpeg automatically selects a profile and level (depending on the input file) and sets all those parameters. It's almost impossible to specify those parameters yourself unless you have a Master in video transcoding ;)

This I agree with. But the defaults that ffmpeg picks are really not optimal. Especially if you're going to encode interlaced material without de-interlacing (which of course is what you want).

BTW Broadcom SoC's are quite forgiving in respect to level and profile requirements. That means that if it plays on your enigma based player, it's not necessarily profile/level compliant. There is a tendency with enigma based STB's that huge chunks of the main memory are reserved for the video decoders and demuxers. That means a lot of memory is available and the decoder can handle streams that don't meet VBV/HRD requirements, In other words, it depends on whether you want to make something that plays at home, or should play everywhere.

Also note that specifying level and profile impose hard limits, they don't specify not optimal values...

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: What is the utility of .sc and .ap files around .ts files in MoviePlayer? #83 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 8 October 2016 - 17:13

Another alternative might be is to construct a short srt file with the metadata (srt is a really simple format, five minutes and a plain text editor will be sufficient) and mux it in like a subtitle. Then if you start the media, you will see the metadata for the amount of seconds you specified in the srt file. When the srt file is muxed in, you can throw it away.

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: What is the utility of .sc and .ap files around .ts files in MoviePlayer? #84 Meega

• 3,000 posts

+51
Good

Posted 8 October 2016 - 18:57

i downloaded tmdb and i dont see anything anywhere, it came up with errors when I tried installing it though.

hmm , don't know about errors but with this plugin you can add movie info and also an dvd box cover

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   135.44KB   1 downloads
  • Attached File  2.jpg   70.35KB   1 downloads
  • Attached File  3.jpg   75.66KB   1 downloads
  • Attached File  4.jpg   101.45KB   1 downloads

ET10000+ Openpli 6.1,1m schotel 4x duo-lnb op vaste opstelling.

Momolights teensy 2.0 met 50 leds op een string ,150 channels
DM8000 Openpli 6.1 Release

Re: What is the utility of .sc and .ap files around .ts files in MoviePlayer? #85 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 8 October 2016 - 19:30

BTW for converting to h264, you'd best use a tool like handbrake, not ffmpeg itself (and yes, handbrake uses the libraries of ffmpeg under water and that's totally OK). The ffmpeg command line tool is for quite advanced users.

Re: What is the utility of .sc and .ap files around .ts files in MoviePlayer? #86 mxtv

• 10 posts

Neutral

Posted 8 October 2016 - 23:22

thanks guys! il give it a try.

Re: What is the utility of .sc and .ap files around .ts files in MoviePlayer? #87 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 9 October 2016 - 07:04

hmm , don't know about errors but with this plugin you can add movie info and also an dvd box cover

Which button do you use for that optional download? I can't find it.

Re: What is the utility of .sc and .ap files around .ts files in MoviePlayer? #88 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 9 October 2016 - 07:10

Ah, I see it in your screenshot: the green button.

Apparently you use a different version than I do, as here the green button points to 'search trailer'. 

I'm using Dimitij's last version; which one do you use?

Re: What is the utility of .sc and .ap files around .ts files in MoviePlayer? #89 Meega

• 3,000 posts

+51
Good

Posted 9 October 2016 - 07:55

Ah, I see it in your screenshot: the green button.

Apparently you use a different version than I do, as here the green button points to 'search trailer'. 

I'm using Dimitij's last version; which one do you use?

Version in the plugin is 7.5.

How to check that in putty?

ET10000+ Openpli 6.1,1m schotel 4x duo-lnb op vaste opstelling.

Momolights teensy 2.0 met 50 leds op een string ,150 channels
DM8000 Openpli 6.1 Release

Re: What is the utility of .sc and .ap files around .ts files in MoviePlayer? #90 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 9,993 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 9 October 2016 - 11:34

Rob van der Does

TMBD...

When use plugin for EPG data --> green button ->  'search YTrailer'

When use plugin for video (movie list) --> green button ->  'save info/cover '/ menu button --> 'search YTrailer'

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: What is the utility of .sc and .ap files around .ts files in MoviePlayer? #91 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 9 October 2016 - 11:46

Ah, ok, never noticed that. Thanks!

Re: What is the utility of .sc and .ap files around .ts files in MoviePlayer? #92 sjlouis

• 1,538 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 12 October 2016 - 09:21

Mxtv, I've used EITitor software on my Windows computer to add or modify informations of the file. I don't remember exactly what I did but it needs 2 files, one is .eit. I don't remember what is the other one. If you don't have this file to modify it, you can copy another .eit file (an perhaps the other one) and rename it with the same name than the .ts file :

Suicide squad.ts   ->  Suicide squad.eit

20161004 0920 - Canal+ - Suicide squad.ts  -> 20161004 0920 - Canal+ - Suicide squad.eit

You have to test a little because I don't remember exactly what I did ;) .

Vu+ Ultimo 4K - OpenPli 8.3

Xtrend ET9200 - OpenPli 6.2

Re: What is the utility of .sc and .ap files around .ts files in MoviePlayer? #93 mxtv

• 10 posts

Neutral

Posted 12 October 2016 - 10:52

Mxtv, I've used EITitor software on my Windows computer to add or modify informations of the file. I don't remember exactly what I did but it needs 2 files, one is .eit. I don't remember what is the other one. If you don't have this file to modify it, you can copy another .eit file (an perhaps the other one) and rename it with the same name than the .ts file :

Suicide squad.ts   ->  Suicide squad.eit

20161004 0920 - Canal+ - Suicide squad.ts  -> 20161004 0920 - Canal+ - Suicide squad.eit

You have to test a little because I don't remember exactly what I did ;) .

The ts metadata file :o)

Re: What is the utility of .sc and .ap files around .ts files in MoviePlayer? #94 sjlouis

• 1,538 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 12 October 2016 - 12:00

Sorry, I don't understand what you want to say.

Re: What is the utility of .sc and .ap files around .ts files in MoviePlayer? #95 mxtv

• 10 posts

Neutral

Posted 12 October 2016 - 20:55

Sorry, I don't understand what you want to say.

the zgemma / enigma 2 creates files whenever it sees a .ts file, so if i record a program or add a movie for example Spiderman.ts to the zgemma movie directory the zgemma will now create the Spiderman.ts.eit, spiderman.ts.ap, the spiderman.ts.metadata files, so now you edit the metadata and also the eit file to put in your own epg / movie details.

Re: What is the utility of .sc and .ap files around .ts files in MoviePlayer? #96 dAF2000

• PLi® Ex-Leden
  • 14,151 posts

+52
Good

Posted 12 October 2016 - 22:33

It's even quite difficult and I don't know all the details. In Enigma1 (for the old boxes) we only had the .eit files. I think (not sure) in Enigma2 some information of the .eit file was moved to the .meta file. In my opinion we should get rid of the .eit files and only use the .meta file. For now and for backward compatibility, that's not the case. Just check what information what information you can store in the .eit file (the long description for example) and which information in the .meta file.

Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: http://openpli.org/wiki

Re: What is the utility of .sc and .ap files around .ts files in MoviePlayer? #97 sjlouis

• 1,538 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 13 October 2016 - 08:07

Mxtv, as I said, I don't remember exactly the situation and why I have to create an .eit file. Was this file destroyed? Was it corrupted? I don't remember. The essential thing is that you can improve simply the informations movie in fields ;) .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users