Xtrend ET4000

et4x00 openpli iqon200hd

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Jackie1

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 December 2014 - 17:53

Hello everyone, such a good feeling to join this community I haven't been able to join the E2 community because of financial restrictions hehe. But my DM500S is dying I think so I'm about to get a temporary box, the Xtrend ET4000.

I have two questions I could use some help on, please.

I found some threads about people facing some trouble using openpli 4.0 on this box, has that been solved?

There is another box that I can afford, this one right here http://x-sat.no/iqon...tuner-pvr.html 

It's called the Iqon 200HD and there are two versions of it, this one is the Scandinavian version. I would have chosen the Iqon 200HD because it supports DTS and HD audio but THERE appears to be no official support from OpenPLi. 

There is this posts that I found online which has openpli 3.0 for the box, http://www.iqon-comm...ew-4d-images.2/

I believe that is authored by the poster of that thread?

I really hope I'm making the right decision to go for the Xtrend ET4000. I just need it for like half a year then I'll get something more modern, or buy a media player that supports 4k and DTS HD audio, and wait for a satellite receiver that supports HEVC/H265.

The box will be bought in a couple of hours, lol I hope I can get some feedback and maybe someone will advise me to choose the Iqon 200HD?

Re: Xtrend ET4000 #2 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,470 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 17 December 2014 - 20:33

OpenPLi does not support Iqon

on the Glassfibre 1GB DVB-C...

Re: Xtrend ET4000 #3 Jackie1

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:16

Yep, I'm glad I made the right decision. I already got the Xtrend ET4000 and installed the latest image. Its funny and so cool to me that I got to install an image from TODAY... haha my DM500S image was from years ago.

I heard that oscam is better than CCcam so I installed that. However I'm facing two issues that are giving me a headache, one is I get this error:

- Error: [Errno 146] Connection refused

I installed oscam by going to Menu -> Plugins -> softcam  and then I installed Oscam Status which when I open on the TV it says "Oscam Status 0.61 @localhost"

The other issue is I tried to put a C: line on the oscam, I couldn't find a proper tutorial but I found posts on forums that answer people who asked for it, and there was different ways of doing it.

Anyway my C line share opens up for a few seconds like 3 to 5 seconds then it freezes for a long time and opens again...etc

Thank you so much guys!

Re: Xtrend ET4000 #4 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,312 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:18

I sure hope this C line business is about another box in your house. Using shares is illegal, and our forum rules forbid discussing it here.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Xtrend ET4000 #5 Jackie1

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:42

I sure hope this C line business is about another box in your house. Using shares is illegal, and our forum rules forbid discussing it here.

its not in my house, its in my friend's house and we share the subscription bill together... is that a problem? WanWizard, sir?

EDIT:

I dunno but as long as you're not using an illegal and dubious for-pay cardshare providers that shouldn't be a problem.

Edited by Jackie1, 18 December 2014 - 01:44.

Re: Xtrend ET4000 #6 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,470 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 18 December 2014 - 06:52

Yes, sharing over internet is illegal!!!
See our forum rules

on the Glassfibre 1GB DVB-C...

Re: Xtrend ET4000 #7 Jackie1

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 18 December 2014 - 22:13

Wow me and my friend might have to stop doing this for now I guess. You're scaring me man!

That sucks though I can't afford it all by myself!!!

Also the rules don't say that its illegal especially if you do pay subscription fees to the tv company hemertje mate.

http://forums.openpl...tion=rules&f=55

I think the most important thing is you don't use some of these dubious for-pay sharers!!! They're the ones hurting the tv companies.

Edited by Jackie1, 18 December 2014 - 22:14.

Re: Xtrend ET4000 #8 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,312 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 19 December 2014 - 00:49

If you use a share, you don't use a smartcard. So you haven't paid. It is not more complicated than that.

There is a grey area when it comes to in-house sharing, which according to most provider contracts is not allowed either, but it is less frowned upon since you do pay for the subscription.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users