today update broke openpli

• Please log in to reply
266 replies to this topic

Re: today update broke openpli #241 metoo

• 1,573 posts

+33
Good

Posted 17 February 2015 - 21:20

after update yesterday, i have 19 of these warnings, after reflash they were gone, and all ok

ET10000 C C C C/T  2TB HDD ET7000 + ET6000 dvb-S  OpenPli Triax 88 multifeed quad LNBs VU Uno4K SE C+2TB HDD Mutant HD60

Re: today update broke openpli #242 dog-man

• 394 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 19 February 2015 - 12:58

Hmmm, I reflashed my vuduo today as recommended and now I cannot install a swap file manager and cccam.info.

Re: today update broke openpli #243 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 19 February 2015 - 13:32

Have you searched? You're about number 200 reporting this...

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: today update broke openpli #244 dog-man

• 394 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:30

No, not had time due to work, so I just made a quick post.

I will now though.

Re: today update broke openpli #245 dog-man

• 394 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:39

Well, now I have searched and cannot find what I am looking for or the 200 others who have posted about my problems.

If anyone knows where I would find this information, could you be so kind to direct me to where it is?

Re: today update broke openpli #246 dog-man

• 394 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 20 February 2015 - 13:09

I am referring to the latest big update and not the previous one. :)

Re: today update broke openpli #247 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 20 February 2015 - 14:16

These are third party plugins (we don't make them, we don't have the source, we can not create them ourselfs) for which the ipk file has an incorrect arch type. Which since the latest OE update is no longer supported.

The solution is that the author of the 3rd-party package fixes this. The reality is that none of this stuff is maintained anymore (cccaminfo is from 2009!), so you can expect these things to break sooner or later.

There is a workaround that exists (search for cccaminfo and arch) but it's not guaranteed to work forever. We're thinking about simply removing the entire 3rd-party feed. Either the author provides source to build from, in which case we can include it, or you're on your own.

This is the same as with workarounds for vendors: as long as you keep providing them, they won't feel compelled to clean up their sh*t.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: today update broke openpli #248 Wizard1

• 125 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 February 2015 - 15:57

Odd error on my duo2 with twin tuner s2. When using latest image, with active recording on tuner B. All other (non-recording) channels are black. Only way to ge the channels back, is to terminate the active recording. After reverting to old backup from November everything works. What to do?

Reply to my own question: This was caused by the fact that I was using an old/buggy version of CCCAM. Installed newest version available in the plugin-feed, now it works.
Solves problem with not beeing able to view other channels while recording on tuner B in a dual tuner setup. Also solves hang issue when viewing EPG while recording.

Hi Mikael_K

I've been having a similar problem to what you have described (Posted 2 weeks ago) only difference seems to be that I don't get a black screen whilst recording.  When my recording(s) have finished my motorised feed, A or B (Have tried both) still show that tuner being used until I restart my Duo 2.  I have been using CCCam 2.2.1, I've now removed it & installed CCCam 2.3.0.  I will wait to see if that cures the fault.  This problem has been annoying me for weeks with no one able to throw any light on it.  I have now missed some recordings because the tuner is not free & the other tuner is in use.

I hope you have found a solution.

Regards

Wizard1

Re: today update broke openpli #249 spartacus

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 February 2015 - 18:39

why not update the image open pli by menu in the new version?????

Re: today update broke openpli #250 christophecvr

• 3,131 posts

+140
Excellent

Posted 22 February 2015 - 13:43

These are third party plugins (we don't make them, we don't have the source, we can not create them ourselfs) for which the ipk file has an incorrect arch type. Which since the latest OE update is no longer supported.

The solution is that the author of the 3rd-party package fixes this. The reality is that none of this stuff is maintained anymore (cccaminfo is from 2009!), so you can expect these things to break sooner or later.

There is a workaround that exists (search for cccaminfo and arch) but it's not guaranteed to work forever. We're thinking about simply removing the entire 3rd-party feed. Either the author provides source to build from, in which case we can include it, or you're on your own.

This is the same as with workarounds for vendors: as long as you keep providing them, they won't feel compelled to clean up their sh*t.

Sorry but what You mention there is unfortunately not entirely trough. Read the note I did on toppic gstreamer-10 . http://forums.openpl...amer-10/page-32

First there are not really fixed rules neighter conventions about this issue. You let appear it is a rule to remove that's 100 % wrong.

In the opensource world there are well some general followed things in despit the fact that there are no really fixed conventions and or rules.

When a plugin does need and or includes a binary for a specific arch the plugin "must" carry the atch type. the must ,, ... not a rule but common pratice to avoid the use for that plugin on wrong arch. And a very good discipline.

The possible inbedded required static libs into the binary mostly needs also arch mipsel!.

It's trough that a lot of third plugins whitout such binary's do carry the mipsel arch check and that is wrong here I find You're 100 % right.

But when mipsel binary or such is needed in the plugin which unfortunately is sometimes needed due to license compliancy. It's 100 % correct practice to include the mipsel arch check. And is just a prove that the makers are very disciplined. The all is completely wrong for such plugin.

Off course You may decide that openpli will not include third party plugins anymore (even not the manufacturers one with some extra closed licence features for which they paided ! and offer free to there hardware users as a service). You can do what you wan't with pli. butt better remove vu+ from you're support and and others ???? . ...... as you can not say anymore that you really support them.

The ad in arch.opkg is a very small thing and a smart one. Whitout any negatif consequence. Eighter very possitif ti main plugin developpement, since I find that arch check for an ipk containing mipsel binary's is a very good and save solid thing. and proffesional.

Re: today update broke openpli #251 Gi 9995 Owner

• 116 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 22 February 2015 - 21:07

Which since the latest OE update is no longer supported.

Please, point me at the last image build number, which dont have the problems with 3-d party plugins?

VU+ Ultimo   Eutelsat W4 at 36.0°E

Re: today update broke openpli #252 janejak

• 284 posts

+11
Neutral

Posted 22 February 2015 - 22:11

@GI-9995-Owner

from Feb 16 is new OE

Re: today update broke openpli #253 Gi 9995 Owner

• 116 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 22 February 2015 - 22:16

janejak, Thnx

--- OpenPLi-4.0-beta-vuultimo-20150215_usb.zip  -- old OE (no problems)

--- OpenPLi-4.0-beta-vuultimo-20150216_usb.zip  -- new OE (problems)

Right?

Re: today update broke openpli #254 janejak

• 284 posts

+11
Neutral

Posted 22 February 2015 - 22:26

yes but u can`t take any update ore u get a big truble with over 300 packed to update and with a box who not work after

Re: today update broke openpli #255 Gi 9995 Owner

• 116 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 23 February 2015 - 01:08

Yeah ...

Lovely dilemma: either plugins or updates  :)

Re: today update broke openpli #256 Gi 9995 Owner

• 116 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 23 February 2015 - 01:15

What a list of benefits in the new OE?

I need more information to make a decision.

Re: today update broke openpli #257 dog-man

• 394 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 23 February 2015 - 09:49

I did the nightly update this morning and I find that I can now install both cccam.info and swapfile manager and they work.

So, what has been changed in this update?

dog-man...

Re: today update broke openpli #258 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 23 February 2015 - 10:53

The workaround that has been floating around this forum has been implemented by MiLo.

Re: today update broke openpli #259 dog-man

• 394 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 23 February 2015 - 11:22

Thank You to MiLo. ;)

Re: today update broke openpli #260 ciciol

• 157 posts

+10
Neutral

Posted 23 February 2015 - 11:50

Hi, Can you do an update on VU + Duo and August normally Restart your tuner or will be hung?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users