175 replies to this topic

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v.2.0 #141 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,673 posts

+1,740
Excellent

Posted 14 November 2015 - 00:00

No, it doesn't.

You have to actively go and look for it yourself, the browser is just a means of transport. It would be different if the browser had a menu that said "download illegal content here". Like FTP or a newsreader isn't illegal, it's the act of you accessing illegal content that is breaking the law. Same as with the Pirate Bay website. It's not the browser that is offering illegal content, it's the torrent site of the Pirate Bay.

disclaimer: I know the the laws are different in every country, but we have to comply with Dutch law.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v.2.0 #142 pcd

• 759 posts

+88
Good

Posted 14 November 2015 - 01:20

Is there a problem with KodiDirect.v.3.0 ?

Nobody has mentioned anything so far.

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v.2.0 #143 dirocca

• 1,667 posts

+59
Good

Posted 14 November 2015 - 19:04

Is there a problem with KodiDirect.v.3.0 ?

Nobody has mentioned anything so far.

no problems so far. ;)

grtz Philip

vuduo2 openpli6.1 1TB HDD 2xdualS2tuner

av receiver denon - samsung 4k hdr+ 65inch UE65MU7000 - bose accoustimas 7.1 :rolleyes:

tvv kaart & schotel(64cm), duo lnb, OSCAM

logitech harmony ultimate

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v.2.0 #144 samsamsam

• 2,024 posts

+146
Excellent

Posted 15 November 2015 - 05:46

No, it doesn't.

You have to actively go and look for it yourself, the browser is just a means of transport. It would be different if the browser had a menu that said "download illegal content here". Like FTP or a newsreader isn't illegal, it's the act of you accessing illegal content that is breaking the law. Same as with the Pirate Bay website. It's not the browser that is offering illegal content, it's the torrent site of the Pirate Bay.

disclaimer: I know the the laws are different in every country, but we have to comply with Dutch law.

I not agree with you. Thinking this way when I give someone the list of urls I am a criminal.

If you're talking about law please provide act, legal opinions.

You are just say that the database of urls is illegal, so the google in your country is illegal to?

I do not think so. Sorry but this is nonsens.

Database of webpage addresses and allowing them to browse can not be illegal.

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v.2.0 #145 gorski

• 1,699 posts

+46
Good

Posted 15 November 2015 - 10:09

The same law does not apply in the same manner to us and to Rupert Mierdoch or Google... It ought to, our constitution, generally speaking, in the West, says so - but...

We go to jail, fairly easily, while they "make a deal" and pay - IF they are found guilty, which is also down to quantity of money and the quality of lawyers...

The French and American Revolutions have not yet been put fully into practice! And without our concerted and well organised action - it won't!!!

<span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>Laziness and cowardice are the reasons why such a large proportion of men, even when nature has long emancipated them from alien guidance..." I. Kant, "Political writings" (1784)</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'><a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='http://eserver.org/p...lightenment.txt'>http://eserver.org/p...ent.txt</a>'><a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a>'>http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a></a> - the jolly text on Enlightenment, at the basis of Modernity...</span>

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v.2.0 #146 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,673 posts

+1,740
Excellent

Posted 15 November 2015 - 15:36

For Google et.al. the same applies. They don't offer you illegal content by themselfs, you have to go and look for it.

For example, PopcornTime is legally prosecuted at the moment for exactly the same.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v.2.0 #147 samsamsam

• 2,024 posts

+146
Excellent

Posted 15 November 2015 - 16:44

The same with the plugin you must open plugin and search interested content.

You have no baner at STB start up like "The new movie please confirm to watch". No!

User must open plugin by him self and search interested movie by him self similar with google.

So, If you say that the database of urls are illegal than google is also illegal.

But I think that you're not a lawyer, so maybe give some paper we can check your interpretation.

The plugin is only browser with bookmarks, nothing else and can not be illegal.

Regards,

SSS

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v.2.0 #148 gorski

• 1,699 posts

+46
Good

Posted 15 November 2015 - 17:03

Oh but it can! UK made some of the XBMC ones illegal, for sure!

<span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>Laziness and cowardice are the reasons why such a large proportion of men, even when nature has long emancipated them from alien guidance..." I. Kant, "Political writings" (1784)</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'><a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='http://eserver.org/p...lightenment.txt'>http://eserver.org/p...ent.txt</a>'><a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a>'>http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a></a> - the jolly text on Enlightenment, at the basis of Modernity...</span>

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v.2.0 #149 samsamsam

• 2,024 posts

+146
Excellent

Posted 15 November 2015 - 17:54

Sure, popcorn is illegal at all because it also share the movies not only download but also share with others.

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v.2.0 #150 pcd

• 759 posts

+88
Good

Posted 15 November 2015 - 19:00

These plugins only transfer to tv what is freely (and I assume legally) available on a pc screen. Basically replacing a hdmi cable or home wifi.

Edited by pcd, 15 November 2015 - 19:01.

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v.2.0 #151 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,673 posts

+1,740
Excellent

Posted 15 November 2015 - 19:05

Sure, popcorn is illegal at all because it also share the movies not only download but also share with others.

It doesn't really matter. Offering access to illegal material is against the law.

This discussion is rather pointless. If we include something in our "product" that exposes us to prosecution, you're safe and out of the wind, and we are not. And I can tell you it's not funny when you got the law knocking on your door, we've been there.

Since we're not willing to run the risk, our decision stands, and is not up for debate.

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v.2.0 #152 gorski

• 1,699 posts

+46
Good

Posted 15 November 2015 - 19:12

It's always a matter of judgement - and that differs if, say, Irdeto or NDS or Adobe or whomever comes knocking, sure...

I have been at the receiving end as an Admin on a forum and I can tell you it's no fun at all!!!

And they do have moles in many, many places, soooo....

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v.2.0 #153 samsamsam

• 2,024 posts

+146
Excellent

Posted 16 November 2015 - 02:30

It doesn't really matter. Offering access to illegal material is against the law.

This discussion is rather pointless. If we include something in our "product" that exposes us to prosecution, you're safe and out of the wind, and we are not. And I can tell you it's not funny when you got the law knocking on your door, we've been there.

Since we're not willing to run the risk, our decision stands, and is not up for debate.

I not want from you to add anything.
I only want from you the sets the legal on which you base telling such things.

I have friends lawyers and eager to get to know their opinions.

So, can you provide some paper? Or maybe you say only what you think not based on the law?

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v.2.0 #154 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,673 posts

+1,740
Excellent

Posted 16 November 2015 - 12:56

What part of "it is not up for debate" don't you understand ?

We don't care about what you think, or your friends think. You don't run the risk, and neither do they.

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v.2.0 #155 samsamsam

• 2,024 posts

+146
Excellent

Posted 16 November 2015 - 14:42

It seems to me that you do not understand.

So, once again:

I not want from you to add anything.

I do not want from you or from anyone else from PLi team to add anything to your images especially plugins.

So, this discussion at start was about what is illegal!

So, when you say that something is illegal in your country without a legal basis you can make confused other persons.

It is better to know lawyers' opinions (not to push you to add anything, but to have real information).

So, as I understood the information which you provide about legal or illegal are not checked and they are only your opinion. Yes?

So, maybe you should use sentence starting with "In my opinion...." when you are writing about legality.

Regards,
SSS

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v.2.0 #156 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,673 posts

+1,740
Excellent

Posted 16 November 2015 - 14:47

No, that is the dicussion you are starting, and I'm not intrested in at all.

My statement was simply that we won't add it to our download feeds because of the questionable legal status of the plugin. And that is our opinion, which is all that counts. End of story.

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v.2.0 #157 samsamsam

• 2,024 posts

+146
Excellent

Posted 16 November 2015 - 15:11

Ok this is your opinion.

So, maybe in future note that this is your opinion and not lawyer opinion.

To determine whether something is legal or not you need to know law.

So, stop saying "This is illegal...", "This is legal", you are not expert, not lawyer, so say "In my opinion this is inllegal...", "In my opinion this is legal", otherwise you will deliberately misleading other persons!

Edited by samsamsam, 16 November 2015 - 15:12.

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v.2.0 #158 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,673 posts

+1,740
Excellent

Posted 16 November 2015 - 15:34

Providing access to illegal content is illegal in a lot of countries, including the one we are based in. And this plugin does exactly that. None of the content it offers is free from copyrights. None. And that is al that matters. 

Because of this, we will not add this plugin to the feeds, otherwise it will be the PLi team that will offer illegal content and open itselfs up for prosecution. We will not let that happen.

So the opinion of the PLi team is all that counts here. I couldn't care less what you think, you don't have any say in the matter. Why don't you want to understand that you're opinion is totally irrelevant when in comes to what we do and don't include in our feeds?

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v.2.0 #159 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 16 November 2015 - 15:57

If you don't agree with us, start your own image ;)

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v.2.0 #160 gorski

• 1,699 posts

+46
Good

Posted 16 November 2015 - 16:15

Now, that's a good proposal: Gstreamer out completely, ffmpeg in - and everything in it restructured accordingly.... :)

YEAY! :D Pretty please! :) Many old boxes would get a second life and you will be deemed a "Resurrector Of Old Technology"! :D

Edited by gorski, 16 November 2015 - 16:15.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users