• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#1 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,008 posts

+638
Excellent

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:15

It is recommended that you update the Rytec sources.

In OpenPLi:

To update the sources of XMLTVimport, deinstall enigma2-plugin-extensions-xmltvimport-rytec and reinstall.

or via telnet:

opkg update
opkg upgrade enigma2-plugin-extensions-xmltvimport-rytec

In VIX (and I think VTI as well)  if problem arise,  reinstall the XMLTVimport plug-in.

If you have updated your image in the last 14 days, you already will have the latest version.

For Crossepg.  Update the Rytec sources in the Crossepg menu.

Maybe you have to reinstall Crossepg from the feed.  (Not in OpenPLi, because it is not in the feed at the moment)

Other images:  Consult your image builder.

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Maxytec Multibox SE OpenPli (used as mediaplayer)
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

Sat: 13E, 19.2E, 23.5E and 28.2E
*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: Update Rytec Sources #2 Lost in Space

• 876 posts

+69
Good

Posted 28 March 2015 - 17:39

Is it you or the PLi Image build who is producing always a DOS formatted sources.xml ?

It still works, but I hate to do dos2unix /etc/epgmimport/rytec.sources.xml all the time before editing it locally on the box.

Edited by gutemine, 28 March 2015 - 17:42.

Re: Update Rytec Sources #3 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,008 posts

+638
Excellent

Posted 29 March 2015 - 13:08

Why do you need to edit this file locally on the box?

There is no need for doing such a thing.

Or do you need to edit this to launch a DDOS attack on our servers.  We already lost one server by this.  Now a second one is brought to a stand-still.

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: Update Rytec Sources #4 Lost in Space

• 876 posts

+69
Good

Posted 29 March 2015 - 17:15

Because one of the owners of your download servers doesn't want to be used by Dreamboxes, hence I always remove it from the sources.xml because I'm respecting such wishes - no matter how childish they are.

And then everytime I have to do this I'm annoyed to have to edit a DOS formatted file on a Linux box.

So yes, there is a need to edit, but not a good one, I agree.

Edited by gutemine, 29 March 2015 - 17:18.

Re: Update Rytec Sources #5 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,559 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 29 March 2015 - 19:06

You are a moron, and always will be.

I don't have any problem with my server being used by dreamboxes. All dreamboxes running OpenPLi can use it without problems.

I however don't see any reason why I should use personal funds to sponsor Dreambox (or their slaves like yourself) when they have openly dumped support for open source. You do exactly the same, with your tmpd checks and timebombs.

You know this very well, so no need to resort to stupid statements like this.

So be nice, and get lost.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Update Rytec Sources #6 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,008 posts

+638
Excellent

Posted 30 March 2015 - 08:16

Since the middle of last week, it was difficult for me to update 2 of the download sites.  Either I could not reach the site or the connections timed out.

Some investigation revealed that again massive downloads of XMLTV files caused this problem.  And I am talking about hundreds of downloads per hour and per IP address.  And at each moment a couple of hundreds IP addresses were downloading the same file.

So we made the decision to end this, removed all the old files from the servers.  This immediately restored my access to the servers.

The grace period for running both the old filenames and the new ones has ended by this.  So it is imperative you perform the update.

As a consequence, we not publish, nor tell anybody, anymore the exact names and places of the files.  All the information is contained in the plug-in.  No need to edit this info.

Hopefully I have to do this only once.  If I have to do this again in a month's time, we know this is brutal sabotage.

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: Update Rytec Sources #7 Cheejy

• 10 posts

Neutral

Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:44

I tried the telnet commands and get errors.

Ive also tried the manual way and no xmltvimport appears in the list to download or update?

Attached Files

Re: Update Rytec Sources #8 pluizebol

• 809 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:45

Many thanks for a wonderful job Willy !

VU+ DUO 4K SE (1xDVB-S2X FBC Twin en 1xDVB-T2) / OpenPLi 8.3 / Logitech Harmony AB

Windows 10 Home Edition 64bits / VU+ Duo 4K SE / OpenPLi 8.3 / Citroën C5 II hydractive III+ BlueHDi / Samsung S21+

La Douce France

Re: Update Rytec Sources #9 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,559 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:13

Ive also tried the manual way and no xmltvimport appears in the list to download or update?

You are running OpenPLi 3, and that has been end-of-life for almost a year now.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Update Rytec Sources #10 Cheejy

• 10 posts

Neutral

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:19

My box came with it installed and I don't have a clue how to update it, is there anyway I can manually download the latest xmltvimport-rytec and push it on the box via ftp?

Re: Update Rytec Sources #11 Figeto

• 416 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:41

My box came with it installed and I don't have a clue how to update it, is there anyway I can manually download the latest xmltvimport-rytec and push it on the box via ftp?

Read 1st post.

Edited by Figeto, 30 March 2015 - 11:42.

Re: Update Rytec Sources #12 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,008 posts

+638
Excellent

Posted 30 March 2015 - 12:48

Pls. stop by asking me by PM for the new information.

In the past I gave this info freely.  But it got me in terrible trouble with the webmasters of the different websites.

All the info is in the current versions of XMLTVimport and Crossepg.  Both these plug-ins are maintained and up-to-date. 

(If the plug-in is not up-to-date in the image you are using contact your image builder, and ask him to make contact with me, with full disclosure of their credentials)

So the solution is simple.  Update the plug-ins. And if you have an older system, it is time to upgrade your box to the most recent image.  In these recent images the plug-ins are included or in the feed.

Willy

Edited by doglover, 30 March 2015 - 12:50.

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: Update Rytec Sources #13 mackguil

• 158 posts

Neutral

Posted 30 March 2015 - 13:11

Thank for your job.

Re: Update Rytec Sources #14 Robinson

• 2,616 posts

+30
Good

Posted 30 March 2015 - 14:08

If I understand it right, the new addresses will now remain hidden?

If so, this will no longer be possible?

* Can the amount of epg be limited to only the channels I am using

Take a look here: http://forums.openpl...r-v100-by-acds/

It is not written by us, but could be helpfull for implementing this limitation. 

The manual method is described herefafter.

Yes, make your own channels file (and reference them in the sources file) in which you references only the channels you use.
Use as a template our channels file and delete everything you do not want.

This way only the channels which are referenced will be imported.

Our channels file can be found on a different websites.  Open the rytec.sources.xml file on your box (dir /etc/epgimport/)
The required urls's are found in the first part of the file, after <channel name="rytec.channels.xml.gz">
Download the file with a webbrowser, unzip the file and edit the file.  Delete only lines like these: <channel id="M6.fr">1:0:19:245E:440:1:C00000:0:0:0:</channel> <!-- M6 HD -->
Name the file anything.channels.xml. (anything can be really any name o fancy).
Store this file anywhere (except in /tmp/) on your box or a NAS drive accesible by your box.

Next create a something.sources.xml file in which you reference the newly created anything.channels.xml file and the XMLTV files.

ET9000, OpenPLi 4.0, 13E, 19E

HD51, OpenPLi 6.2, 75E - 30W

Re: Update Rytec Sources #15 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,008 posts

+638
Excellent

Posted 30 March 2015 - 14:25

If I understand it right, the new addresses will now remain hidden?

If so, this will no longer be possible?

It will still be possible.  But I will not give examples anymore.  (and will remove posted examples)

The FAQ's have been corrected with generic examples.

Those with enough experience and knowledge will find a way.  Others should stay away.

Willy

Edited by doglover, 30 March 2015 - 14:26.

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: Update Rytec Sources #16 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,559 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 30 March 2015 - 16:17

No, you can't, packages are generated from source by the build process, I don't think that ipk's from OpenPLi 4 work on earlier versions.

If you have a supported box (and you are sure of that), you can just download the latest OpenPLi 4 image from the homepage, and flash the box. For most boxes, the procedure is in the wiki.

Re: Update Rytec Sources #17 Lost in Space

• 876 posts

+69
Good

Posted 30 March 2015 - 21:33

maybe you then should fix the file format to be built properly, as my original reply asked for ... instead of deciding which images the users have to put on their enigma2 boxes.

The XMLTV Plugin is under GPL, and all my modificiations are public and license is kept, so I don't need to be blamed for anything, except maybe fixing some of the bugs and bad coding the plugin has and doing small enhancements like adding EPG language support.

Edited by gutemine, 30 March 2015 - 21:37.

Re: Update Rytec Sources #18 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 31 March 2015 - 06:41

The XMLTV Plugin is under GPL, and all my modificiations are public and license is kept, so I don't need to be blamed for anything, except maybe fixing some of the bugs and bad coding the plugin has and doing small enhancements like adding EPG language support.

I take it you created a pull-request for them (to the original source).

Re: Update Rytec Sources #19 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,008 posts

+638
Excellent

Posted 31 March 2015 - 10:07

Update your box to OpenPLi 4

First download the image from: http://openpli.org/d...oad/vu /vusolo/

This is for the VUSolo.  Be sure this is the box you own.  Otherwise find the correct one from here: http://openpli.org/download/

Unzip this image to a USB stick.  Be sure to unzip the complete folder structure.  (not only the files)

Use a USB-stick which not too large and is FAT-32 formatted.  (I am using a 8GB stick)

These settop boxes can be tricky to accept the stick.  So if the box does want to recognize your stick try another one.

If you want change the filename noforce into force.  This will have effect that the new image will be installed without asking you to press any buttons.

If you do not want this, leave the noforce file as is.

Also check on your hdd if you have a folder backup.  If yes look if the info in this folder is current.  if filedates are current and not 3 years old.

If you have this, the flashing process will find this and reinstall your settings (settinglist etc...)

I strongly advise you now to attach your box to the internet now.  If this is not the case, Buy a network cable long enough to connect your box temporarily to the router.

Check if the box is really connected.  (Via Menu - Settings - System - Network)

Now switch off your box.  (Power down and switch the power off)

Insert the stick and switch the power on.

The image will be flashed now. 

This flashing will take approx. 10 minutes.  Answer the questions during the install.  (Setting language, timezone, etc....)

After the box is flashed, you can install a settinglist, and any other plug-in you require.  (CCcam or Oscam, XMLTVimport and XMLTVimport-rytec)  These will have to come from the feed which is on the internet, hence the internet connection.

Plug-ins can be installed from the remote control by pressing Menu-Applications-Download and selecting here (Up en Down arrow en OK button) the desired plug-in.

When done installing the plug-ins, restart your box (Not allways needed, but sometimes required)

Congratulations you upgraded your box.

Willy

Edited by doglover, 31 March 2015 - 10:10.

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: Update Rytec Sources #20 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,559 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:40

Make sure it's not a clone.

A lot of clones, especially in south-europe, have been shipped with a hacked version of OpenPLi 3.

Installing a real OpenPLi on it might brick the box!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users