• 1,030 posts

+65
Good

Posted 14 July 2019 - 00:00

:)

1st box: Vu+ Ultimo 4k 4xDVB-S2 FBC / 2xDVB-C / 1.8 TB HDD / OpenATV 6.2
2nd box: Gigablue Quad 4k 2xDVB-S2 FBC / 2xDVB-C / 1.8 TB HDD / OpenATV 6.2
testing boxes: Vu+ Duo² + AX Quadbox HD2400 + 2x Vu+ Solo² + Octagon SF4008
Sats & Pay-TV: Astra 19.2°E + Hotbird 13°E with Redlight / SCT HD / SES Astra HD- / Sky V14 / 4th empire propaganda TV
Card-Server: Raspberry Pi + IPv6-capable oscam
Router: Linksys WRT1900ACS w/ LEDE + Fritz!Box 7390

Re: full ci+ support #262 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 14 July 2019 - 00:11

And other images officially support it and have the source code public available?? No. For other images there are solutions and for OpenPLi I have also seen solutions...
Xtrend ET-9200, ET-8000, ET-10000, OpenPliPC on Ubuntu 12.04

Re: full ci+ support #263 Pike_Bishop

• 1,120 posts

+72
Good

Posted 14 July 2019 - 00:48

that's right for pli exists at least one working solution for many boxes especially for vu+

Edited by Pike_Bishop, 14 July 2019 - 00:49.

Receiver: VU Ultimo 4K, Octagon SF8008 4K, Gigablue Quad 4K

Image: OpenPLI-8.3

Re: full ci+ support #264 mimisiku

• 5,458 posts

+114
Excellent

Posted 14 July 2019 - 11:31

In fact, in the early days before the lawyers of the CI+ consortium began to thread OpenPli offered CI+ for the HD2400 and another box.. Later I believe for one Gigablue receiver. (Gigablue was fined by CI+ and lost their license subsequently)...
Met één been in het graf..... Helaas

Re: full ci+ support #265 MeanMachine

• 13 posts

Neutral

Posted 16 July 2019 - 09:14

Thanks for the replies people. I think I have figured out what I was looking for.

The question about the lack of opensource code for ciplushelper plugin stems from the comparison with softcams. I think there is a subtle but important difference between the two situations though. Softcams can (and are) used by many people to watch their pay-TV subscriptions in E2 receivers. Sharing over LAN using softcams is common too. Both of these activities are legal at least in some countries. The firmware in CI+ CAM on the other hand is made to be used with (a subset of) CI+ certified devices since its inception. Consequently, any code which will enable the usage of these CAMs in any other receiver will essentially be used for "illegal" activities in all the countries. It does not matter whether the opensource code contains the illegally acquired certificates or not.

As I understand it, the ciplushelper plugin and related code works in a symbiotic relationship with the drivers and other code provided by the box manufacturers. Given this, any code development to make CI+ CAMs work in their receivers will inevitably result in legal action against the manufacturers. Hence they won't be willing to overtly help with the development, and any traces of this help will be necessarily kept secret. Releasing the sources might mean that manufactures would have nowhere to hide.

It's a pity we are in this situation. This might very well be the beginning of end of the use of E2 receivers as we know it. I might be (and I hope I am) wrong though.

Edited by MeanMachine, 16 July 2019 - 09:15.

Re: full ci+ support #266 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 16 July 2019 - 17:01

Not bad summary. The manufacturers will never support CI+ in total in an e2 box and we won't do it either.

But I think code which enables usage of CI+ CAMs is in general not illegal. At least parts of it. There is a public available CI+ specification. You can read it and implement it. That's not illegal. Afaik all needed cryptographic parameters are not included in this specification. So I don't know whether it's legal to make them public.

What the manufacturers quite easy can do is to add support for AES decryption. This is needed for CI+ and from my point of view totally legal to add. For the rest there are at the moment (bad and worser) solutions which work, but nobody knows how long.

Yes, it's a pity...

Xtrend ET-9200, ET-8000, ET-10000, OpenPliPC on Ubuntu 12.04

Re: full ci+ support #267 Lost in Space

• 876 posts

+69
Good

Posted 16 July 2019 - 18:23

Partly this summary is not correct, as there are multiple Open Source implementtions for CI+ available (I know at least 3 and all of these are easily findadble with a simple search with your favorite Search engine and/or following some hints in various boards).

Some of these are not even e2 related, but all of them share a good portion of code (some are C based, some C++,..) which means technically there is nothing to stop anybody from using it.

BUT all of these solutions are using more or less the same borrowed certificates to build a valdi key chain which produces a valid authentification certificate which will, when presented to the CI Module, be accepted and hence the Modules will 'descramble' by sending out the transponder stream re-encrypted with AES but the code will also get from the module valid keys to allow the Receiver to descramble it.

This means if the STB Manufactor includes the possibility to set their CPU into AES decryption mode and pass the output from the CI(+) Module together with these keys, then it will support not only to use CI Modules, but also CI+ Modules.

If the vendor keeps the ioctls for this 2 tasks non-public, then you have a non-public solution, if they are public (or easily reverse engineerable with a simple debug run of the e2 binaries so see the necessary ioctl arguments) THEN you have an Open Source Solution - still using illegally optained certificates, but this is another story and hence they summary in my opinion is ... bad ....

But I'll not defend the people who produced the code, or stole the certifcates, but the situation now is as described.

Finally oscam also needs certificates and hashing algos which were ... borrowed ... and the possibility to pass keys to the STB drivers, hence I don't really see the difference this summary would suggest.

Re: full ci+ support #268 nick61

• 27 posts

Neutral

Posted 14 December 2019 - 09:18

Hi,

Recently I've bought a vu+ uno 4k as I've read in specs about cam module integration. I was very unpleasantly surprised to see that my cam module displays "your tv is not compatible with your module" message.

I came here after searching on google, I've tried v4.6r0 and v4.7r0 of the above described plugin, without success.

May I get some help, what am I doing wrong, or what I need to make that ci+ work?

Thanks,

Re: full ci+ support #269 nick61

• 27 posts

Neutral

Posted 14 December 2019 - 09:45

My receiver is vu+ uno 4k DVB-C (cable) (cannot edit the previous message).

Thanks,

Re: full ci+ support #270 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,312 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 14 December 2019 - 12:45

There is support for CI+ in OpenPLi, CI+ is explicitly created to block "open" access.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: full ci+ support #271 mimisiku

• 5,458 posts

+114
Excellent

Posted 14 December 2019 - 12:58

The only way to get CI+ working on a VU+ receiver (at least from a consumer's point of view) is to install VTi 9.03 >. At least the Neotion Chipset based CI+ modules will work. As stated many times, these certificates are obtained illegally hence absolutely no warranty that it will work 'forever' as the manufacturer may alter these certificated. CI+ works FOR NOW.. If you want to use a softcam as well you MUST use Common Interface Assignment for the channels you wish to decode via CI+.

Re: full ci+ support #272 SpaceRat

• 1,030 posts

+65
Good

Posted 14 December 2019 - 13:55

The only way to get CI+ working on a VU+ receiver (at least from a consumer's point of view) is to install VTi 9.03 >

Actually, OpenATV will work as well.

Dunno about other distros.

Sats & Pay-TV: Astra 19.2°E + Hotbird 13°E with Redlight / SCT HD / SES Astra HD- / Sky V14 / 4th empire propaganda TV

Re: full ci+ support #273 mimisiku

• 5,458 posts

+114
Excellent

Posted 14 December 2019 - 14:01

No.. OpenATV 6.x no longer support CI+. All OpenATV images from 2017 onwards had the CI+ removed. Last OpenATV 5.3 had build in CI+ support. There ARE CIPlushelper add-ons available though. But not all work as they seem to be Kernel version related. Also not working on all OpenATV based receivers... Some do, many don't..

Re: full ci+ support #274 SpaceRat

• 1,030 posts

+65
Good

Posted 14 December 2019 - 14:09

No.. OpenATV 6.x no longer support CI+. All OpenATV images from 2017 onwards had the CI+ removed. Last OpenATV 5.3 had build in CI+ support. There ARE CIPlushelper add-ons available though. But not all work as they seem to be Kernel version related. Also not working on all OpenATV based receivers... Some do, many don't..

Utter nonsense.

You obviously have no clue who I am.

Nothing about CI+ support in OpenATV has changed, except the source for its installation.

Re: full ci+ support #275 mimisiku

• 5,458 posts

+114
Excellent

Posted 14 December 2019 - 14:16

I don't know who you are. Should I?
Installed quite some boxes with OpenATV 6.x. No CI+ support as standard.... That's what I meant with 'no support'. Ziggo CI+ Module in box, error message. CIPlushelper sometimes works.. Mostly not..

Re: full ci+ support #276 SpaceRat

• 1,030 posts

+65
Good

Posted 14 December 2019 - 14:23

I don't know who you are. Should I?

I will survive if you don't know :)

Installed quite some boxes with OpenATV 6.x. No CI+ support as standard....

"not as standard" != "not at all".

The ciplus-helper contains exactly the same as was removed from the images when official CI+ support was removed.

Re: full ci+ support #277 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 14 December 2019 - 18:18

Openatv did remove the support from the sources as far I can see so do you something ‘secret’ on the build process when it is indeed suported? When not the point to the sources. There are boxes that need an e2 patch as far I know (not all).

Edited by littlesat, 14 December 2019 - 18:19.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: full ci+ support #278 nick61

• 27 posts

Neutral

Posted 14 December 2019 - 20:26

The only way to get CI+ working on a VU+ receiver (at least from a consumer's point of view) is to install VTi 9.03 >.

What is this VTi 9.03 and where could be obtained?

That means I could install openatv 6.3 and ciplushelper 4.7 and it should work? I'll try it (on openpli I had troubles with something named "boxbranding" that is missing, when trying to install ciplus)

Thank you everyone,

Re: full ci+ support #279 SpaceRat

• 1,030 posts

+65
Good

Posted 14 December 2019 - 20:35

The only way to get CI+ working on a VU+ receiver (at least from a consumer's point of view) is to install VTi 9.03 >.

What is this VTi 9.03 and where could be obtained?

A variant of E2, actually but not officially made by Vu+ and in violation of the GPL.

That means I could install openatv 6.3 and ciplushelper 4.7 and it should work?

Yes.
Note: You need some addiitonal feed in order to be able to install ciplus-helper (Remember: Official support for CI+ was removed, so it's a 3rd party's feed).

Just run this command on your box (Telnet or ssh) after flashing OpenATV:
wget -O - -q http://updates.mynonpublic.com/oea/feed | bash

I'll try it (on openpli I had troubles with something named "boxbranding" that is missing, when trying to install ciplus)

The OpenPLi devs decided it would be a good idea to re-invent the wheel, so they wrote an implementation of what boxbranding does in a different way.
As there are far too many E2 devs in the world, it's always a good idea to add additional code drift and thus obstacles for other devs.

Re: full ci+ support #280 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,312 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 14 December 2019 - 21:49

The OpenPLi devs decided it would be a good idea to re-invent the wheel, so they wrote an implementation of what boxbranding does in a different way.
As there are far too many E2 devs in the world, it's always a good idea to add additional code drift and thus obstacles for other devs.

May I remind you that that OpenPLi existed LONG before oe-a did? And that OpenPLi. like most other E2 implementations, does not use any boxbranding at all, but that it is an OE-A invention?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users