342 replies to this topic

Re: full ci+ support #161 athoik

• PLi® Core member
  • 8,458 posts

+327
Excellent

Posted 7 April 2017 - 21:58

Use Duckbox-Developers approach?
Wavefield T90: 0.8W - 1.9E - 4.8E - 13E - 16E - 19.2E - 23.5E - 26E - 33E - 39E - 42E - 45E on EMP Centauri DiseqC 16/1
Unamed: 13E Quattro - 9E Quattro on IKUSI MS-0916

Re: full ci+ support #162 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,682 posts

+1,740
Excellent

Posted 8 April 2017 - 11:44

Which is?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: full ci+ support #163 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 8 April 2017 - 12:06

Duckbox sounds like DMM ;-)

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: full ci+ support #164 Lost in Space

• 876 posts

+69
Good

Posted 8 April 2017 - 15:42

Wrong and No, but they use a libdvbci approach and C++ coding, but they still deliver some bugs solved long ago ...

https://github.com/D...master/libdvbci

Edited by gutemine, 8 April 2017 - 15:43.

Re: full ci+ support #165 athoik

• PLi® Core member
  • 8,458 posts

+327
Excellent

Posted 8 April 2017 - 16:29

There is no perfect solution gutemine, but there are solutions that work today! And duckbox-developers are doing great job...

Embedding the CIplus handling in Enigma2 would be much easier if "open" world uses "open" solutions.

Eg add support CIplus in en50221 and eventually all linux ecosystem will have less job to do.

Instead of that, today we have private patches, "unknown" objects that link to enigma2, binaries and binaries.

So many forks of Enigma2, all of them keeping low profile, keeping solutions private, it makes me sceptic, why nobody want's to release to the public the beast...

Edited by athoik, 8 April 2017 - 16:29.

Wavefield T90: 0.8W - 1.9E - 4.8E - 13E - 16E - 19.2E - 23.5E - 26E - 33E - 39E - 42E - 45E on EMP Centauri DiseqC 16/1
Unamed: 13E Quattro - 9E Quattro on IKUSI MS-0916

Re: full ci+ support #166 Lost in Space

• 876 posts

+69
Good

Posted 8 April 2017 - 16:47

Look, you (or whoever) should maybe start to make up your mind - use the great ciplus socket interface you didn't invent, use the ciplus helper you didn't invent, use the libdcbci you didn't invent either, or come up with a great solution solving all problems and beeing fully legal ... which sounds to me like "42" beeing the answer to all questions. ...

Re: full ci+ support #167 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,682 posts

+1,740
Excellent

Posted 8 April 2017 - 19:59

@Athoik,

Nobody can release their solution, exactly because none of them are legal. So there are only two options: either "someone" comes up with something legal (and for that it would be handy to have access to the code of "other" solutions), or we will not have CI+ support.

We can and will not add anything illegal to our image, it is as simple as that. 

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: full ci+ support #168 Lost in Space

• 876 posts

+69
Good

Posted 8 April 2017 - 20:16

That wish would already rule out all boxes which are using drivers which have the functionallity (illegally) embedded :rolleyes:

Re: full ci+ support #169 adri

• 372 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 8 April 2017 - 20:59

@Athoik,

Nobody can release their solution, exactly because none of them are legal. So there are only two options: either "someone" comes up with something legal (and for that it would be handy to have access to the code of "other" solutions), or we will not have CI+ support.

We can and will not add anything illegal to our image, it is as simple as that. 

I guess the only 'legal' CI+ solution would have to be 'certified' by the consortium......

Good luck :)

Re: full ci+ support #170 mimisiku

• 5,466 posts

+114
Excellent

Posted 9 April 2017 - 00:36

I think that battle is already over :(
CI+ only in certified TV's and embedded receivers imposing all kinds of restrictions that content providers love so much.
Home recording has been dealt the final blow and will be impossible unless the consumer wishes to pay (a lot) extra for content he/she already paid for...

I have called it a day and use a cable box. Satellite dish has been dismantled. Tired of all the fuss (channels changing, names changing etc)
Met één been in het graf..... Helaas

Re: full ci+ support #171 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,682 posts

+1,740
Excellent

Posted 9 April 2017 - 12:22

That wish would already rule out all boxes which are using drivers which have the functionallity (illegally) embedded :rolleyes:

Afaik no driver has an illegal CI+ certificate embedded.

I guess the only 'legal' CI+ solution would have to be 'certified' by the consortium......

Strickly speaking, perhaps.

The main issue with the current "solutions" is the embedding of an illegal CI+ certificate. You can see this as equivalent of a softcam with a build-in emu, and embedded keys. We don't have an issue with a softcam itself, we will not offer solutions in out feeds with embedded keys.

There is a generic CI+ interface present in Enigma. Currently it supports driver mapping for a few manufacturers, but with an abstraction layer in the BSP, this could easily be adapted to support all manufacturers that have CI+ support in their drivers, that is a matter of finding the correct IOctl's. In the past we implemented the same solution to support softcam's ((the capmt interface), which is now used in all Enigma's out there.

So with this interface, a generic binary can be made, like a softcam, to deal with the CI+ certificate. This can either be through a separate file (in which case we will add that binary to the feeds like we do with softcams, and you are on your own to find a certificate), or by some embedded solution (which we will not add to the feeds).

Anyway, the solution is there, what is lacking at the moment is someone who creates it.

Re: full ci+ support #172 babsy98

• 166 posts

+18
Neutral

Posted 9 April 2017 - 13:16

pli core members have a solution and all done for long time 95% use universal solution and only vu and mutant use own

Re: full ci+ support #173 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,682 posts

+1,740
Excellent

Posted 9 April 2017 - 13:26

You seem to know more than I do. So do tell...

Re: full ci+ support #174 adri

• 372 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 9 April 2017 - 13:57

There is a generic CI+ interface present in Enigma. Currently it supports driver mapping for a few manufacturers, but with an abstraction layer in the BSP, this could easily be adapted to support all manufacturers that have CI+ support in their drivers, that is a matter of finding the correct IOctl's. In the past we implemented the same solution to support softcam's ((the capmt interface), which is now used in all Enigma's out there.

So with this interface, a generic binary can be made, like a softcam, to deal with the CI+ certificate. This can either be through a separate file (in which case we will add that binary to the feeds like we do with softcams, and you are on your own to find a certificate), or by some embedded solution (which we will not add to the feeds).

I would think the generic solution with an external certificate or configuration file would make all parties happy?

Re: full ci+ support #175 Lost in Space

• 876 posts

+69
Good

Posted 9 April 2017 - 14:10

No because then the job would be done in 2-3h - it were just cut and paste of the "missing" resource handlers from the Open Source DMM Solution into OpenPLi git :P

Edited by gutemine, 9 April 2017 - 14:12.

Re: full ci+ support #176 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,306 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 9 April 2017 - 14:33

No because then the job would be done in 2-3h - it were just cut and paste of the "missing" resource handlers from the Open Source DMM Solution into OpenPLi git 
:P

Then show us with a merge request.... instead of trolling here....

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: full ci+ support #177 Lost in Space

• 876 posts

+69
Good

Posted 9 April 2017 - 14:56

I'm not the one who is trolling here :P

And I will not revert all "your" ciplus message interface garbage either which adds no real value

Edited by gutemine, 9 April 2017 - 14:58.

Re: full ci+ support #178 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,682 posts

+1,740
Excellent

Posted 9 April 2017 - 21:21

Yada yada yada. If you have nothing to do, then don't do it here. As usual, your added value is zero.

DMM doesn't have an open and reusable solution, they have a binary with a ripped CI+ certificate. So that solution is useless.

Re: full ci+ support #179 adri

• 372 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 10 April 2017 - 09:18

You could download the 'DMM' solution source from the NewNigma2 board and  modify it to excluded the 'ripped' certificate and use an external one?

Re: full ci+ support #180 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,306 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 10 April 2017 - 09:47

You could download the 'DMM' solution source from the NewNigma2 board

Where.... ?

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users