Photo

CoCy UPnP renderer for enigma 2 causes problem on lan

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 De Waard

• 51 posts

Neutral

Posted 10 April 2015 - 10:20

I am interesting in a plugin that installs a media renderer on my Vuduo (enigma 2 openpli 4).CoCy is such a plug in. After a lot of trial an error i managed to get it working by using an earlier topic on this forum. My TV is Philips 9000 series, this has its own renderer, however it cannot play the .ts files as produced by enigma2. 

The items I used from above topic were:

• Send with telnet: opkg install python-html (reaction #16 by Trial)
  • Then I followed the reactions #36 and  #37 from Coffee Break

Then it worked!

However a few weeks later I used the Philips program Media Connect, which produced a projection of a PC screen on the TV, which can be very handy for instance when you want to watch on TV a film or video you receive on PC ("Uitzending gemist"). This program produced a Windows error on my PC's which never happended before. After another frustrating search I found that this error was produced by CoCy. The Philips program is searching the network for TV's and apparently finds CoCy which then produces an error crashing the windows program. 

The evidence is that when I swich off Vuduo (off as in no power), Media Connect works as before!

Re: CoCy UPnP renderer for enigma 2 causes problem on lan #2 Trial

• 1,127 posts

+34
Good

Posted 10 April 2015 - 20:24

Hi,

when something on your PC crashes I would look at the PC. It might be possible that CoCy gives some reaction but the PC program should be able to deal with such things.

ciao

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users