Photo

I use EPG Import and EPG gets deleted everytime I turn off and on my Enigma 2 box.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 dizzynonun

• 17 posts

Neutral

Posted 4 May 2015 - 20:03

I have this issue and I couldn't find any info about this. I don't know if this is the right place to ask this so here it is:

I use EPG Import and EPG data gets deleted everytime I turn off and on my Enigma 2 box. How can I set this up so that it automatically loads previously downloaded EPG data? It's very frusturating to wait 20 minutes for it to download the EPG data.

Is this a common thing? Should I use another EPG plugin?

I'm waiting for your advices. If this is a special issue, what should I check to shoot this?

Thanks

Re: I use EPG Import and EPG gets deleted everytime I turn off and on my Enigma 2 box. #2 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,275 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 4 May 2015 - 20:07

How and with what do you download epg?

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: I use EPG Import and EPG gets deleted everytime I turn off and on my Enigma 2 box. #3 Robinson

• 2,616 posts

+30
Good

Posted 4 May 2015 - 22:55

I guess he just needs the right entry in /etc/enigma2/settings file.

In my case it is the following:

config.misc.epgcache_filename=/media/KINGSTON/epg.dat
config.misc.epgcachepath=/media/KINGSTON/

ET9000, OpenPLi 4.0, 13E, 19E

HD51, OpenPLi 6.2, 75E - 30W

Re: I use EPG Import and EPG gets deleted everytime I turn off and on my Enigma 2 box. #4 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,015 posts

+639
Excellent

Posted 5 May 2015 - 06:58

A more to the point question is:  How do you switch of your box?

An epg.dat file for the conservation of the EPG is only created (or written) when you switch off enigma2 with the menu. 

When you cut the power an epg.dat file is never written.  Which is the main reason the EPG is never stored.

There could be other reasons, which we will explore if you eliminate thsi first reason.

See also our FAQ's about the epg.dat file.

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Maxytec Multibox SE OpenPli (used as mediaplayer)
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

Sat: 13E, 19.2E, 23.5E and 28.2E
*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: I use EPG Import and EPG gets deleted everytime I turn off and on my Enigma 2 box. #5 dizzynonun

• 17 posts

Neutral

Posted 5 May 2015 - 12:07

i usually power off the device from the switch. i found out why it is not saving now.

is there a way to save that epg.dat just after importing (not when soft restarting) and load it automatically with the boot up?

i have a hard drive installed and epg.dat is saved there.

Re: I use EPG Import and EPG gets deleted everytime I turn off and on my Enigma 2 box. #6 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,015 posts

+639
Excellent

Posted 5 May 2015 - 12:57

Not to my knowledge.  The epg.dat is saved solely when powering down.

There is a way using the XMLTVimporter to create an epg.dat file.

I am testing this at the moment.

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: I use EPG Import and EPG gets deleted everytime I turn off and on my Enigma 2 box. #7 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,015 posts

+639
Excellent

Posted 5 May 2015 - 13:15

Go to: /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/EPGImport/

And change the permissions of the OfflineImport.py file to 755 (Not sure this is needed, but I did it)

Construct a sources.xml file with the following contents:  (copy the contents from the rytec.sources.xml file found in /etc/EPGimport)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="latin-1"?>
<sources>

All the sections marked:  
<channel name="rytec.channels.xml.gz">   
</channel>

And the sources you want.  (do  not copy everything, because this will import everything in the epg.dat file and this will take forever.
<source type="gen_xmltv"    
</source>

end with a </sources> tag.

You can name this file whatever you want. Here in the example I have named this benl.sources.xml. Store this file on your HDD

Mak a bash file with this content

#!/bin/sh
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/EPGImport/OfflineImport.py /hdd/benl.sources.xml
rm /hdd/epg.dat
mv /hdd/epg_new.dat /hdd/epg.dat

Be sure to rename /hdd/benl.sources.xml  To the name you have given to your sources file.

Store this file on your HDD.

Now make a cronjob which execute the bash file you created above, at the desired time.

You may have to install cron.

opkg update
opkg install busybox-cron

Now

Edited by doglover, 5 May 2015 - 13:16.

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: I use EPG Import and EPG gets deleted everytime I turn off and on my Enigma 2 box. #8 nietgiftig

• 787 posts

+39
Good

Posted 5 May 2015 - 15:23

As far as I know is it a bad practice to shut a computer down by switching off the power supply. And guess what, our Sat boxes are computers. So go to deep sleep on the box, and shut the power off after that.

Hardware: Master VU Uno 4K SE  1x Mut@nt HD51.4K & 2x ZgemmaH9T
Software : Pli (v7) (7.1rc) 2019 

Re: I use EPG Import and EPG gets deleted everytime I turn off and on my Enigma 2 box. #9 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,015 posts

+639
Excellent

Posted 5 May 2015 - 16:43

I already regret it posting the method of getting a epg.dat from the XMLTV files.

Just because something is possible does not make it right.  The method is ugly.  And when you switch off your box in the proper way (go to deep sleep on the box, and shut the power off after that) it is not needed.

Willy

Edited by doglover, 6 May 2015 - 07:55.

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: I use EPG Import and EPG gets deleted everytime I turn off and on my Enigma 2 box. #10 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,045 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 5 May 2015 - 17:41

i usually power off the device from the switch. i found out why it is not saving now.
is there a way to save that epg.dat just after importing (not when soft restarting) and load it automatically with the boot up?

Yes, it's very simple too. Just shutdown the receiver using the menu. If that's too much trouble, there's a setting to make it shut down completely when you press the power button for about 2 seconds.
Real musicians never die - they just decompose

Re: I use EPG Import and EPG gets deleted everytime I turn off and on my Enigma 2 box. #11 dizzynonun

• 17 posts

Neutral

Posted 9 May 2015 - 10:23

Thanks for all your replies. I'm considering to turn off the device by putting it into deep standby from now on, so epg.dat is written and loaded at each startup. But there is this little issue which I couldn't control: Do you know how to turn of that blue LED light at deep standby? There's no option in the menu. Not even in LED Manager plugin. Is there a setting file to edit for turning this LED off at deep standby?

Re: I use EPG Import and EPG gets deleted everytime I turn off and on my Enigma 2 box. #12 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,015 posts

+639
Excellent

Posted 9 May 2015 - 11:02

Not that I know.

But after the blue LED comes on, you safely switch off the power.

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users