Photo

A VU+ DUO2 Enigma2 question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dreamzapper

• 1 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 May 2015 - 08:16

I have a VU+ DUO2 here that I am trying to fix for a friend of mine. He's gotten himself into big troubles and the box presently is completely useless but It can be acccessed via FTP. Files and folders are there and there's no reason to think there's anything wrong with the hardware.

I suspect that we have an Enigma2 problem. The file is lost or corrupted, and I'd want to try reinstalling Enigma2. But where can I find it? I have googled and searched several forums, made requests, but so far without getting any response..

So where can I find an Enigma2 file to see if I can get the box working again? Flashing an image has proven impossibe, the process very early crashes and all we have is a blue screen. The process crashes long before the "Wait" symbol should be visible at the upper left corner of the screen.

Or can it be a bootloader problem? Can a bootloader be installed on a box as dead as this one?  If a bootloader might be of any use, where can I find it? Perhaps at the VU+ website/forum?

Re: A VU+ DUO2 Enigma2 question #2 janejak

• 284 posts

+11
Neutral

Posted 19 May 2015 - 22:46

if u can acccessed via FTP go to folder /media/hdd/

see after a file named enigma2_crash_XXXXXXXXXX.log

there X are numbers and upload it here, it tell us what is wrong in the log file

Re: A VU+ DUO2 Enigma2 question #3 goldeneye

• 1,030 posts

+14
Neutral

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:41

If a blue screen appears during flash you are indeed in trouble! Things to check:

1. Check (if possible) and install latest bootloader for your box..

2. If bootloader is OK or succesfully flashed, turn off power. Open the box and disconnect all extra hardware like (USB and/or internal HDD)

3. Get the image you want and install it on a USB stick. Make sure it's a SINGLE PARTITIONED USB stick!! There should not be any hidden/strange extra partition on the stick.. Use a small size USB Stick (most >16Gb won't work)

4. Try to flash again.. If success... Yeaaahh

5. If flashing still fails, you have a hardware issue.. Bad NAND Flash chips or Bad/worn power supply.

Re: A VU+ DUO2 Enigma2 question #4 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,084 posts

+258
Excellent

Posted 21 May 2015 - 11:26

And suppress the backup folder on /media/hdd/ to avoid wrong informations to be automatically restored when flashing a brand new image.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users