New OpenPli based image

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1 bacicciosat

• 540 posts

+100
Excellent

Posted 25 May 2015 - 14:35

New Black Hole Open Source image based on OpenPli for Vu+ Boxes.

Black Hole panels

Hbbtv

Open GLes animations (Duo2, Solo2, SoloSE)

Xbmc (Duo2, Solo2, SoloSE)

Compatible with Pli plugins and skins

Git online

Thanks to OpenPli for their work.

Re: New OpenPli based image #2 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 25 May 2015 - 15:47

Does this mean BH has become 'real open source' at last and published their repository?

Re: New OpenPli based image #3 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 25 May 2015 - 15:49

Seems so: http://git.vuplus-community.net/

Xtrend ET-9200, ET-8000, ET-10000, OpenPliPC on Ubuntu 12.04

Re: New OpenPli based image #4 rtzhjgg0

• 568 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted 25 May 2015 - 15:59

first impressions:
-you can use 'automatic-fullbackup_3.7' on it
-with BH2161 on flash you can install 'OpenBlackHole' on multiboot without restrictions:

Attached Files

Selfsat H50M4
Ultimo4K /2xTwinS2, VTI, PLi, ATV...
NAS: Qnap221

Re: New OpenPli based image #5 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 25 May 2015 - 18:39

Have they seen the light :D

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: New OpenPli based image #6 Vandyke

• 7 posts

Neutral

Posted 26 May 2015 - 19:06

Does this mean BH has become 'real open source' at last and published their repository?

No. They only released the source for their Pli based image, their existing OE based image is still as closed as ever.

Re: New OpenPli based image #7 Taykun345

• 1,296 posts

+41
Good

Posted 26 May 2015 - 21:38

They released pli based image only to satisfy users which use IPTV as apperently original image has problems in this department.
Army MoodBlue HD skin modification by me: https://github.com/T...-MoodBlueHD-mod
Matrix10 MH-HD2 skin modification by me: https://github.com/B...-MX-HD2-OpenPli
MetrixHD skin modification by me: https://github.com/T...xHD-WPstyle-mod
Slovenian translation for OpenPLi E2: https://github.com/T...ion-for-OpenPLi

Re: New OpenPli based image #8 bacicciosat

• 540 posts

+100
Excellent

Posted 26 May 2015 - 22:17

No. They only released the source for their Pli based image, their existing OE based image is still as closed as ever.

They released pli based image only to satisfy users which use IPTV as apperently original image has problems in this department.

1) First of all you should know that i have launched and make it possible here the idea of E2OpenPlugins. I have also created the project OpenWebIf and i am the main author. So my contribute to open source is a little bit strong of many of you here using bad attitude and charges.

2) Black Hole image have no problem with IPTV. You can dowload 2.1.6 and test and you will see that it works fine and fast.

3) The amount of work to port the old BH image in public is too big becasue the code is bad and ugly and should be rewrite to be publicated. But all the panels of old Bh have been recoded and are now in OBH so all the code is public and in the git.

4) For any part of the code that is not out you should know that it is available for Pli team as i told to Milo Pieterg and others from many time ago.

And finally you should look at yourself from an external point of view. It seems you think always to be the best in the world and often ppl that come here to help, to develop opens source projects (OWIF) ar simply to thank for the pli work (as in this case) is traty from top to botton.

Maybe not all teams and coder are at Pli level or have so high intelligence or skill but it is not nice your way.

Re: New OpenPli based image #9 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 27 May 2015 - 04:27

Please look at it this way: BlackHole has always violated the Open Source licence by using the 'open' original code from VU+ without releasing/publishing the sources. So it can't be a surprise that many, including myself, are a bit suspicious in this respect towards BH. Of course this has nothing to do with any contributions you personally may have made to any Open Source project.

I also think everybody will welcome the idea that BH has found the correct path now, and apparently is now complying with Open Source licenses.

BTW: When you say 'For any part of the code that is not out....', does that refer to the old images or are there still parts of BH's PLi-based image that are not 'open'?

Re: New OpenPli based image #10 bacicciosat

• 540 posts

+100
Excellent

Posted 27 May 2015 - 07:45

Sorry but sarcastic comments like have seen the light are the exact way to threat ppl always in the same way. And also untrue things like that the reason is that IPTV is not working and so on.

I hope that people in this board that affirm to be so bearers of a superior ethic or enlightened person will learn a little bit of respect for the others work.

There are not parts of Open Black Hole image closed. And you are again made charges and inferences.

i am tired about your way and will leave.

Be happy.

Re: New OpenPli based image #11 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 9,967 posts

+335
Excellent

Posted 27 May 2015 - 09:35

bacicciosat

Support xtrend/formiler is not planned?

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: New OpenPli based image #12 malakudi

• 1,449 posts

+69
Good

Posted 27 May 2015 - 10:44

@bacicciosat: Some people will always complain. There is no reason to get angry. I think the majority of this community salutes the change of Blackhole.

However, I want to just comment your argument that original Blackhole code is not released because it is not well structured/pretty etc. I think this is not a valid argument. Open code doesn't have to be pretty, or well commented. It just needs to be open, to have a way reproducing the distributed binaries by just compiling the available source. That is my opinion, and it is also a requirement of the GPL. GPL doesn't say "give your changes only if they are pretty". GPL says that if you distribute binaries that include GPL code, you must make your changes available somehow.

I will definitely test the new Blakchole. I am also interested if you think supporting more boxes or it will still be for VU+ only.

Re: New OpenPli based image #13 Matrix10

• 338 posts

+27
Good

Posted 27 May 2015 - 11:08

If you have a different opinion OK
But the way you present it is not.

As you can see some never satisfied.

When Open is not good when it is Closed also is not good.

I think that the community should be happy that we have  images for our boxes, PLI and others.
All of us spend hours on all this.
And we all contribute to the development with closed or open.

You will tell me that it is difficult to convert pyo in py and does not happen
or read the coding and the like.

I remember some other time
when some authors and teams also criticized
and now use all possible protection to protect all , for all of us known companies.

Therefore, this discussion does not make much sense

because the interests are different from team to team.

The most important is the respect of all  authors who contribute to the development.

I want to thank Pli team for respected contribution to development

Rgd MX

Edited by Matrix10, 27 May 2015 - 11:10.

Re: New OpenPli based image #14 Ev0

• 102 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 27 May 2015 - 11:13

bacicciosat

I will definitely test the new Blakchole. I am also interested if you think supporting more boxes or it will still be for VU+ only.

The Black Hole Team supports Vu+ boxes only.

Re: New OpenPli based image #15 Matrix10

• 338 posts

+27
Good

Posted 27 May 2015 - 11:19

We are, VU + team.

and if not so

We do not have the capacity and time to support other boxes.

Re: New OpenPli based image #16 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 27 May 2015 - 13:34

Please look at it this way: BlackHole has always violated the Open Source licence by using the 'open' original code from VU+ without releasing/publishing the sources. So it can't be a surprise that many, including myself, are a bit suspicious in this respect towards BH. Of course this has nothing to do with any contributions you personally may have made to any Open Source project.

I also think everybody will welcome the idea that BH has found the correct path now, and apparently is now complying with Open Source licenses.

BTW: When you say 'For any part of the code that is not out....', does that refer to the old images or are there still parts of BH's PLi-based image that are not 'open'?

Sorry but sarcastic comments like have seen the light are the exact way to threat ppl always in the same way. And also untrue things like that the reason is that IPTV is not working and so on.

I hope that people in this board that affirm to be so bearers of a superior ethic or enlightened person will learn a little bit of respect for the others work.

There are not parts of Open Black Hole image closed. And you are again made charges and inferences.

i am tired about your way and will leave.

Be happy.

It looks like you misinterpreted my reply completely.

I'm sorry if I really did say anything wrong, and I apologise if that is the case, but my intention was to welcome you in the camp of the Open Source community. And I certainly was not being sarcastic.

Edited by Rob van der Does, 27 May 2015 - 13:35.

Re: New OpenPli based image #17 Vandyke

• 7 posts

Neutral

Posted 27 May 2015 - 17:18

bacicciosat

They are paid to support only marusys vu+ products.

Re: New OpenPli based image #18 Vandyke

• 7 posts

Neutral

Posted 27 May 2015 - 17:25

1) First of all you should know that i have launched and make it possible here the idea of E2OpenPlugins. I have also created the project OpenWebIf and i am the main author. So my contribute to open source is a little bit strong of many of you here using bad attitude and charges.
2) Black Hole image have no problem with IPTV. You can dowload 2.1.6 and test and you will see that it works fine and fast.
3) The amount of work to port the old BH image in public is too big becasue the code is bad and ugly and should be rewrite to be publicated. But all the panels of old Bh have been recoded and are now in OBH so all the code is public and in the git.
4) For any part of the code that is not out you should know that it is available for Pli team as i told to Milo Pieterg and others from many time ago.

And finally you should look at yourself from an external point of view. It seems you think always to be the best in the world and often ppl that come here to help, to develop opens source projects (OWIF) ar simply to thank for the pli work (as in this case) is traty from top to botton.
Maybe not all teams and coder are at Pli level or have so high intelligence or skill but it is not nice your way.

There was nothing misleading or untrue about my earlier statement, blackhole are still a closed source team in direct violation of GPL and that is unlikely to change. This new image which is based on pli is however open source and I applaud that, but this is only a side project and they will never release the source for the main BH image. They did not even release the source for their earlier Pli based blackpole image line again in direct conflict with GPL.

Re: New OpenPli based image #19 bacicciosat

• 540 posts

+100
Excellent

Posted 27 May 2015 - 17:27

There was nothing misleading or untrue about my earlier statement, blackhole are still a closed source team in direct violation of GPL and that is unlikely to change. This new image which is based on pli is however open source and I applaud that, but this is only a side project and they will never release the source for the main BH image. They did not even release the source for their earlier Pli based blackpole image line again in direct conflict with GPL.

Not release the source for Black Pole ?

Are you crazy ?

Untrue again

https://github.com/BlackPole

Edited by WanWizard, 27 May 2015 - 20:37.
fixed quote markup

Re: New OpenPli based image #20 Vandyke

• 7 posts

Neutral

Posted 27 May 2015 - 17:29

In that case I stand corrected, but they are still illegally in direct conflict with GPL by refusing to release the source of the main Blackhole image and there is nothing you can say to deny that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users