Keyboard USB

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 brsmz

• 9 posts

Neutral

Posted 29 May 2015 - 09:25

Dear all,

I bought a mini usb-keyboard (ANKER, model AK-A7723411) but I didn'n succeed in connecting it to my dm8000, yet. Connected to my Windows-PC, the keyboard does not ask for any special software/driver, it seems to be a "standard USB-keyboard". But my box neither says "usb device detected" nor does it accept any keyboard actions.

Can anybody give me some useful hints what I can try or do to make this thing work? I found some threads in this and in other forums, but nothing that seems to be helpful for me.

Thanks in advance.

By the way:

Thanks to all people, working on this great piece of OpenPli-software in their spare time.

Edited by brsmz, 29 May 2015 - 09:26.

DM8000, OpenPLi 4.0 beta

xtrend et4000, OpenPLI 3

Re: USB Keyboard and OpenPli@dm8000 #2 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,045 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 29 May 2015 - 11:11

Any regular USB keyboard should "just work".

Try first with a simple PC USB keyboard, just open up any text entry and plug the keyboard into the box. You should be able to type text then, no need to reboot or any funky driver stuff. Does that work?
Real musicians never die - they just decompose

Re: USB Keyboard and OpenPli@dm8000 #3 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 29 May 2015 - 15:26

Any regular USB keyboard should "just work".

Unless on VU+. But that's not the case here.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: USB Keyboard and OpenPli@dm8000 #4 brsmz

• 9 posts

Neutral

Posted 31 May 2015 - 18:12

Hi there,

just tried a "regular USB keyboard" (wired). Doesn't work, neither. I'm a bit frustrated. I do not use any high sophisticated plugins or any freaky stuff or modifications.

I installed the newest image of OpenPLi about 1 week ago and some wellknown plugins (EPGrefresh, Autotimer, Fritz). Nothing more.

Any idea?

Just to avoid misunderstandings from my side:

I would assume, that I can use the keyboard whenever the "virtual" onscreen-keyboard is available. Is that right or do I have to change some settings that slipped my mind?

DM8000, OpenPLi 4.0 beta

xtrend et4000, OpenPLI 3

Re: USB Keyboard and OpenPli@dm8000 #5 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,045 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 1 June 2015 - 11:19

The keyboard should work anytime, e.g. the arrow keys can be used to swap channels and such.

You can hotplug it, so no need for reboots. Plugins or drivers that claim to improve keyboard support are more likely to break things than actually do any good. If you tried various thing to get it to work, I'd suggest a clean flash (use autoback to quickly store and restore your settings on a stick or hdd) and then try again. Most 3rd party plugins have broken uninstall scripts and won't really go away when asked to.
Real musicians never die - they just decompose

Re: USB Keyboard and OpenPli@dm8000 #6 brsmz

• 9 posts

Neutral

Posted 8 June 2015 - 15:21

What exactly do you mean with a "clean flash"? A couple of weeks ago, I tried OpenATV. As I wasn't happy with this image, I reinstalled OpenPli: I downloaded the newest image and installed it via webfrontend. Allthough I had renamed backup folders on my HDD, all settings and Plugins of my former OpenPli- installation where back again without doin anything. Is this a "clean flash" for you? If not, what do I have to do, to perform a "clean flash"?

By the way: I didn't try the keyboard with OpenATV, so I can't tell, if it works in this image.

DM8000, OpenPLi 4.0 beta

xtrend et4000, OpenPLI 3

Re: USB Keyboard and OpenPli@dm8000 #7 brsmz

• 9 posts

Neutral

Posted 10 June 2015 - 18:32

Any advise for me?

DM8000, OpenPLi 4.0 beta

xtrend et4000, OpenPLI 3

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Keyboard, USB

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users