Photo

Mounting Landisk

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 th_gates9345

• 166 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 September 2007 - 17:41

Does anybody has had experience dealing with landisks and Dreambox? I have tried to mount this disk with Nitro, DSM and PLi Helenite image without success. Any idea will be appreciated. Thanks.

PS: Landisk: Bytecc ME-850.
Supporting protocol:
TCP/IP, NBNS (Net BIOS Name Server), Microsoft Networks (CIFS/SMB), HTTP 1.0 and HTML 2.0,
DHCP Server/Client (Auto detection), SNTP Client and Telnet Server
DM7020s, 4GB IDE Flash Module. Echo 119 & 110. Flash: DS-DM-7020-E1-0.35; Multiboot: DSM Remastered, Gemini 4.60, Pli-Jade2. -------- Synology DS107+ NAS, 500GB.

Re: Mounting Landisk #2 scubidoo

• 5 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 September 2007 - 17:49

hello

i dont know your device but on nslu2 i can mount on cifs

what i do its only create a user on the nslu2 whit a private share an the password for the user

then go to dreambox and mount de share in cifs putting de user and pass i have create on the nslu2

i think is the same way to do it on most lan disks

Re: Mounting Landisk #3 Roodkapke

• 5,782 posts

+29
Good

Posted 2 September 2007 - 19:14

Dm 500 supports samba out of the box.
Try samba, with your webinterface from helenite.
Create a folder on your landisk, give it a name, let's say 'dreambox'
Create in that folder a map named 'movie'
Check if you got proper rights to read and write for your dreambox on the landisk.
Now it should be able to mount the landisk.

good luck,

Re: Mounting Landisk #4 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,676 posts

+1,740
Excellent

Posted 2 September 2007 - 21:16

From the look of this
Posted Image
it uses share security.

So, create a directory for your box, create a share on that directory, and give it a username and password.

On the box, you should be able to use CIFS to connect to the box.

Let's assume you created the share 'dreambox', with userid 'mydreambox' and password 'mypassword.

On the box, press the blue button, go to dreambox settings, system settings, external mounts.

Host/IP: <the IP address of your landisk box>, select CIFS from the protocol dropdown
Dir: dreambox (the name of your share)
LocalDir: /hdd/server1 (mountpoint)
Options: rw
Extra: nolock,rsize=8192,wsize=8192
User: mydreambox ( the userid of the share)
Pass: mypassword ( the password of the share)

And check the automount checkbox, to make sure it makes the connection when the box restarts.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Mounting Landisk #5 th_gates9345

• 166 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 September 2007 - 21:54

I got it throught samba, thanks Roodkapke. Next I'll try ManWizard method.
What's the difference between Samba and Cifs? I mean which one is better, pros and cons.

I thank you nice people.
DM7020s, 4GB IDE Flash Module. Echo 119 & 110. Flash: DS-DM-7020-E1-0.35; Multiboot: DSM Remastered, Gemini 4.60, Pli-Jade2. -------- Synology DS107+ NAS, 500GB.

Re: Mounting Landisk #6 dAF2000

• PLi® Ex-Leden
  • 14,151 posts

+52
Good

Posted 2 September 2007 - 22:09

What's the difference between Samba and Cifs? I mean which one is better, pros and cons.

As far as I know, cifs newer than samba and uses other ports to communicate. For the Dreambox, there are not really pros and cons, they both work fine. Cifs is standard in the image and samba must be downloaded.
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: http://openpli.org/wiki

Re: Mounting Landisk #7 scubidoo

• 5 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 September 2007 - 22:16

hello

i gone put my problem

i have a nslu2 whit unslung firmware

i put runing nfs server on the nslu2 and in telnet i can mount the share and on dream record dvr mode on the hdd mount

now i want to try multiboot on the nslu2 share

1º i use nfs because the people says only nfs can multiboot

2ºif a try to mount on the menu expert menu the share de dream says failed but if i save and reboot the share is mounted and runing fine.

3 the flaswizard see de hdd mounted but selecting nfs share and the ip off nslu2 i dont see the nfs server.

can anybody can help me

Re: Mounting Landisk #8 greatg

• 6 posts

Neutral

Posted 10 October 2007 - 14:47

As far as I know, cifs newer than samba and uses other ports to communicate. For the Dreambox, there are not really pros and cons, they both work fine. Cifs is standard in the image and samba must be downloaded.

Hi,

Could someone direct me to instructions on how to set up samba on a 7020 running Helenit?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users