EPG

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Nixon

• 36 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 6 October 2015 - 13:19

When I had a DM500 with enigma1 all EPG was loaded when its turn on and never lost it...

with Vu zero and Enigma2 EPG is loaded per transponder when I enter on channel and after some time some EPG data are lost.

I tried EPGRefresh plugin but not solved the problem.

Any plans to solve it ?

Re: EPG LOST #2 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,042 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 6 October 2015 - 13:23

Describe what you meant by "lost". Apparently other people don't "lose" their EPG, so what's different for you?
Real musicians never die - they just decompose

Re: EPG LOST #3 Nixon

• 36 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 6 October 2015 - 13:29

On channel list the name of program is not shown... and when I press epg key not is shown current or next program.

When I enter the channel and see channel list again all channels on same transponder is shown.

Re: EPG LOST #4 openpli4me

• 74 posts

Neutral

Posted 6 October 2015 - 14:31

You need to import epg from somewhere (ea. rytec) if you don't epg is collected from the transponder your tuned into only, so either import or zap to all your tp's. When using crossepg this one has an option load epg on boot.

Re: EPG LOST #5 Nixon

• 36 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 6 October 2015 - 17:12

I think rytec don't support Sattelites from South America...The only way is open channel by channel? How enigma1 performed it? :huh:

Re: EPG LOST #6 openpli4me

• 74 posts

Neutral

Posted 6 October 2015 - 17:45

crossepg has an opentv section, you may have to create your own script if nothing is listed, surely someone in SA done this before and can share it. Basically you need to locate the epg-tp(s). I've done a simple google "South America epg.dat" looks like Bob can easily be your uncle :)

Re: EPG LOST #7 Satpal

• 299 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 13 October 2015 - 02:20

Describe what you meant by "lost". Apparently other people don't "lose" their EPG, so what's different for you?

Actually this is one of the questions I was wondering about for some time and about to ask, too. I guess this must be happening for everyone who's not getting their epg from anywhere else but only from the transponder. "Lost" means that I switch to a channel, current and next is mostly loaded instantly or at least after a few seconds and after zapping back and forth the data has disappeared and must be loaded again. Normally I would expect that the data once loaded would be stored in the epg.dat and then read from there. This seems to work rather well on most German speaking channels, now also on Canalsat or Viasat. But e.g. Sky UK or Movistar+ aren't working so well. Mostly for a lot of channels nothing seems to get stored at all, on some channels that seem to work fine at first the current/next info not only disappears but also refuses to load again for some time which is pretty annoying if you want to program a timer that's correctly labeled.

But there's another question related to this topic that I also wanted to ask for some time: I have selected "English" as first epg language. But on certain channels the current/next in the channellist shows an English title and info that changes into Polish or Hungarian or whatever when zapping to that channel.

E.g. on some French adult channels there is an info with the correct titles for current/next, when zapping to it the title and info disappear and are replaced with "Programme adulte".

In both those cases I wonder how to avoid it.

Re: EPG LOST #8 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,042 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 13 October 2015 - 10:20

Sounds like it's related to "now/next" channel information versus EIT data. They get stored and processed differently, I think that now/next is not stored at all.

Having examples would help.

Real musicians never die - they just decompose

Re: EPG LOST #9 bleskone

• 26 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 October 2015 - 12:00

standard path where epg.dat is written is /hdd/epg.dat

let's check where's your hdd symbolic link pointing, ---> /media/hdd

Usually this path does not exist in Vu Zero,

so one option is to redirect symbolic link to some exististing place, if usb flash is connected

cd /
rm /hdd
ln -s /media/usb hdd

other option is use plugin, for example enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-epgcacheselector, where one can set path for epg cache

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users