1177 replies to this topic

Re: Openpli-5 (still next master) #841 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,329 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 24 January 2017 - 11:27

Can you build it? Did you find sources?

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Openpli-5 (still next master) #842 Panther-6

• 66 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 24 January 2017 - 13:03

Can you build it? Did you find sources?

No, unfortunately not. I have no idea how to build Images or find sources. Otherwise I would have made OpenPli-5 months ago... I would not let people wait so long for it.

VU+ Uno 4K

Edision OS mini

Re: Openpli-5 (still next master) #843 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,707 posts

+1,741
Excellent

Posted 24 January 2017 - 14:55

You make it should like it is by choice. Which believe me, it isn't.

We are stuck with an antiquated development environment, which is now over 10 years old, and was made when less than a handful people worked on it. Which is not suited to support a large geographically dispersed team. It also doesn't support proper development concepts like develop -> stage -> release cycles, and a lot is hardcoded making it a maintenance nightmare.

Cleaning all this up and rebuilding it takes time, especially as we don't have a release schedule but only unstable nightly images, so there is time "in between releases" to do this, as while the cleanup is under way, we can not develop or build anything.

This is a massive undertaking, and given the fact we all do this in our spare time, it needs to be designed and planned properly to avoid everything being down for weeks. Which is what we are currently busy with.

So the plan is to release a final OpenPLi 4 (which we will call stable), stop everything, rebuild all repositories to work with established development principles, after which we can start building development nightlies, release candidates and stable releases on a release schedule, without the current merge nightmares.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Openpli-5 (still next master) #844 Panther-6

• 66 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 24 January 2017 - 17:10

Please, come on, many people need OpenPli-5 as soon as possible...

Please, stop building OpenPli-4, which is really not so good for IPTV-Streams and concentrate on OpenPli-5 with GStreamer 1.11 or higher...  

Thank You.

VU+ Uno 4K

Edision OS mini

Re: Openpli-5 (still next master) #845 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,707 posts

+1,741
Excellent

Posted 24 January 2017 - 18:24

We know that, and we're working on it. What exactly wasn't clear in my previous message?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Openpli-5 (still next master) #846 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 24 January 2017 - 19:33

Additional to what Wanwizard said, "need", "need"? You need water and food. Everything beyond that is "nice to have".

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Openpli-5 (still next master) #847 SpaceRat

• 1,030 posts

+65
Good

Posted 24 January 2017 - 20:18

You need water and food. Everything beyond that is "nice to have".

If it's ok for you to die, you don't even need that ...
1st box: Vu+ Ultimo 4k 4xDVB-S2 FBC / 2xDVB-C / 1.8 TB HDD / OpenATV 6.2
2nd box: Gigablue Quad 4k 2xDVB-S2 FBC / 2xDVB-C / 1.8 TB HDD / OpenATV 6.2
testing boxes: Vu+ Duo² + AX Quadbox HD2400 + 2x Vu+ Solo² + Octagon SF4008
Sats & Pay-TV: Astra 19.2°E + Hotbird 13°E with Redlight / SCT HD / SES Astra HD- / Sky V14 / 4th empire propaganda TV
Card-Server: Raspberry Pi + IPv6-capable oscam
Router: Linksys WRT1900ACS w/ LEDE + Fritz!Box 7390

Re: Openpli-5 (still next master) #848 Panther-6

• 66 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 24 January 2017 - 20:36

Come on guys, you can make it if you want...

VU+ Uno 4K

Edision OS mini

Re: Openpli-5 (still next master) #849 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,329 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 24 January 2017 - 22:25

Patience is a virtue...

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Openpli-5 (still next master) #850 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,707 posts

+1,741
Excellent

Posted 24 January 2017 - 22:29

Is it really so difficult to read? Or to understand what I wrote?

If you really are that desperate: we have estimated the work involved to about 80-120 hours. So I suggest you put the money on the table (let's give you an excellent deal, say 50 euro/hour?), we find two or three members that will drop their work for a week or so, and we'll be in business by the beginning of next month.

If you are not that desperate: see previous posts, and stop nagging...

Re: Openpli-5 (still next master) #851 Panther-6

• 66 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 25 January 2017 - 10:47

If you really are that desperate: we have estimated the work involved to about 80-120 hours. So I suggest you put the money on the table (let's give you an excellent deal, say 50 euro/hour?), we find two or three members that will drop their work for a week or so, and we'll be in business by the beginning of next month.

You're not serious, are you? You must admit, that you work very very slowly. It's obvious. Others are much faster in bringing out new Images...

You can not even name a concrete date of bringing out OpenPli-5, for example in "a week" or "a month". You are only joking with people, who ask for OpenPli-5, in a very arrogant way, saying "when it's ready" or "in 2017/2018"...

Sometimes I think, you will never bring out OpenPli-5 and I lose interest in it.

VU+ Uno 4K

Edision OS mini

Re: Openpli-5 (still next master) #852 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,707 posts

+1,741
Excellent

Posted 25 January 2017 - 16:48

I am very serious.

And yes, I admit that in the last year or so, things slowed down.

Team members lost time to work on it due to work, private or (sometimes very serious) personal health situations. We also lost some members who decided to persue other intrests. Which left the team in limbo, as some of the old driving forces disappeared. It took quite some time to recover from that, a process that is still not 100% completed. But I believe we are getting to a point where we are getting structured and organized again, and once we have been able to clean up the current mess, we can move full steam ahead. There are quite a few developers eagerly waiting for this, with plenty of new ideas to improve OpenPLi, but can't start, because any change made now will affect the current image (as there is no release management. seperate development and staging repo's, etc.).

Believe me, I understand (and share) your frustration, and that of others. I can only say that we're working to the best of our ability to resolve this, so we can move forward again.

Re: Openpli-5 (still next master) #853 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 25 January 2017 - 16:57

You're not serious, are you? You must admit, that you work very very slowly. It's obvious. Others are much faster in bringing out new Images...

You can not even name a concrete date of bringing out OpenPli-5, for example in "a week" or "a month". You are only joking with people, who ask for OpenPli-5, in a very arrogant way, saying "when it's ready" or "in 2017/2018"...

Sometimes I think, you will never bring out OpenPli-5 and I lose interest in it.

If you start that way, completely ignoring the hundreds of hours I (and others just as well) have spent so far, I am almost inclined to stop any work on it NOW and suggest YOU do the work, as apparently you know it all better.

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Openpli-5 (still next master) #854 Dimmie

• 2,338 posts

+33
Good

Posted 25 January 2017 - 17:46

Please, stop building OpenPli-4, which is really not so good for IPTV-Streams and concentrate on OpenPli-5 with GStreamer 1.11 or higher...  

Thank You.

I looked at the Edision webpage but nowhere I can find info that these boxes are sold for use with IPTV.

It's is sold for lineair TV watching which just works fine with OpenPLI 4.

Re: Openpli-5 (still next master) #855 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,707 posts

+1,741
Excellent

Posted 25 January 2017 - 17:47

There is no FTA IPTV provider afaik, and no Enigma has provider-specific IPTV support, so any disussion that involves both IPTV and E2 is on the slippery slope of illegality...

Re: Openpli-5 (still next master) #856 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 25 January 2017 - 17:58

... so for TS, don't expect the developers to be right on enthousiastic about this topic.

Re: Openpli-5 (still next master) #857 athoik

• PLi® Core member
  • 8,458 posts

+327
Excellent

Posted 25 January 2017 - 18:30

Please, come on, many people need OpenPli-5 as soon as possible...

Thank You.

I looked at the Edision webpage but nowhere I can find info that these boxes are sold for use with IPTV.
It's is sold for lineair TV watching which just works fine with OpenPLI 4.

Any specific reason to randomly choose that manufacturer?

H265 doesn't work on GStreamer 0.10 for all manufacturers. With OpenPLi 5 Gstreamer and H256, works fine, for Edision and others too.
Wavefield T90: 0.8W - 1.9E - 4.8E - 13E - 16E - 19.2E - 23.5E - 26E - 33E - 39E - 42E - 45E on EMP Centauri DiseqC 16/1
Unamed: 13E Quattro - 9E Quattro on IKUSI MS-0916

Re: Openpli-5 (still next master) #858 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 25 January 2017 - 18:53

I think you're missing the point here. Which is that Settopboxes are sold for viewing DVB S/C/T, not for viewing IPTV.

Re: Openpli-5 (still next master) #859 SpaceRat

• 1,030 posts

+65
Good

Posted 25 January 2017 - 18:58

Calm down.

If you would have spent the time you have wasted with some impatient guy on coding instead, you could have gained world dominance by now.
1st box: Vu+ Ultimo 4k 4xDVB-S2 FBC / 2xDVB-C / 1.8 TB HDD / OpenATV 6.2
2nd box: Gigablue Quad 4k 2xDVB-S2 FBC / 2xDVB-C / 1.8 TB HDD / OpenATV 6.2
testing boxes: Vu+ Duo² + AX Quadbox HD2400 + 2x Vu+ Solo² + Octagon SF4008
Sats & Pay-TV: Astra 19.2°E + Hotbird 13°E with Redlight / SCT HD / SES Astra HD- / Sky V14 / 4th empire propaganda TV
Card-Server: Raspberry Pi + IPv6-capable oscam
Router: Linksys WRT1900ACS w/ LEDE + Fritz!Box 7390

Re: Openpli-5 (still next master) #860 athoik

• PLi® Core member
  • 8,458 posts

+327
Excellent

Posted 25 January 2017 - 19:06

I don't understand how a standard functionality like GStreamer is considered a second class feature.

If we dont care about GStreamer we should not include it in standard image.

It should be on feeds, optionally installed.
Wavefield T90: 0.8W - 1.9E - 4.8E - 13E - 16E - 19.2E - 23.5E - 26E - 33E - 39E - 42E - 45E on EMP Centauri DiseqC 16/1
Unamed: 13E Quattro - 9E Quattro on IKUSI MS-0916

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)