• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

Re: The use of exfat formatted USB-keys #41 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,306 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 2 December 2020 - 20:09

Can you check /var/log/messages, any error message regarding the mount?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: The use of exfat formatted USB-keys #42 Riosa

• 20 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 December 2020 - 20:12

Weird, it mounts my NTFS USB stick without problems.

Well. I already wrote (post 29) that box is working OK for USB stick and SD card. But not working for external HDD pluged by USB. So any idea pls.?

Re: The use of exfat formatted USB-keys #43 mrvica

• 1,216 posts

+80
Good

Posted 2 December 2020 - 20:20

you may try ntfsfix to fix the NTFS drive to be usable on Linux, can you manually mount the hard disk just to see the error message

disk check - How to correctly fix a "dirty" NTFS partition without using chkdsk - Ask Ubuntu

Re: The use of exfat formatted USB-keys #44 Riosa

• 20 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 December 2020 - 20:32

Can you check /var/log/messages, any error message regarding the mount?

attached .png
Attached File  log.png   97.09KB   0 downloads

Re: The use of exfat formatted USB-keys #45 Riosa

• 20 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 December 2020 - 20:38

you may try ntfsfix to fix the NTFS drive to be usable on Linux, can you manually mount the hard disk just to see the error message

disk check - How to correctly fix a "dirty" NTFS partition without using chkdsk - Ask Ubuntu

Mount manually - This is out of my knowledges :( and HDD disk check by useing your link too.

Re: The use of exfat formatted USB-keys #46 mrvica

• 1,216 posts

+80
Good

Posted 2 December 2020 - 20:40

I see only /dev/sda1 and says ext4, did you attach more then one drive, just attach external usb drive, mount the drive manually

mount /dev/sdXY /media/usb

and watch the error message

you can use ntfsfix only on unmounted drives

Re: The use of exfat formatted USB-keys #47 Riosa

• 20 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 December 2020 - 20:50

I see only /dev/sda1 and says ext4, did you attach more then one drive, just attach external usb drive, mount the drive manually

mount /dev/sdXY /media/usb

and watch the error message

you can use ntfsfix only on unmounted drives

Pls.See my post #29 - what is my problem. Or I do not understad you at all :(

Re: The use of exfat formatted USB-keys #48 mrvica

• 1,216 posts

+80
Good

Posted 2 December 2020 - 20:57

ntfs drives with "dirty flag" are not mounted, the box wan´t just mount them, that is the problem, I had the sam problem, on Win PC the same drive checkd with chkdsk /F drive: says ok, on the box gives the mount error, just google for it, another link

partitioning - Fix corrupt NTFS partition without Windows - Ask Ubuntu

Re: The use of exfat formatted USB-keys #49 Riosa

• 20 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 December 2020 - 21:06

ntfs drives with "dirty flag" are not mounted, the box wan´t just mount them, that is the problem, I had the sam problem, on Win PC the same drive checkd with chkdsk /F drive: says ok, on the box gives the mount error, just google for it, another link

partitioning - Fix corrupt NTFS partition without Windows - Ask Ubuntu

I do not understant the log file so I can not find the name of the disk (HDD) Where in my log (row) is mentioned about it? Or what I have to write in telnet ?

Re: The use of exfat formatted USB-keys #50 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,306 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 2 December 2020 - 21:22

All I see in that log is a 32GB USB device on sda which is correctly mounted according to line 214. And it is EXT4 formatted, so not related to the NTFS discussion.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: The use of exfat formatted USB-keys #51 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,306 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 2 December 2020 - 21:23

For NTFS that is not the problem, busybox mount is.

Re: The use of exfat formatted USB-keys #52 mrvica

• 1,216 posts

+80
Good

Posted 2 December 2020 - 21:39

would mean to delete the mount link to busybox and make a mount link to mount.util-linux

Re: The use of exfat formatted USB-keys #53 Riosa

• 20 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 December 2020 - 21:51

All I see in that log is a 32GB USB device on sda which is correctly mounted according to line 214. And it is EXT4 formatted, so not related to the NTFS discussion.

Yes sda1 is USB stick 32GB and mcblk0p1 is SD card 1GB or so. Next is pluged external 1TB HDD formated NTFS by USB 3.0 cable and this I can not still see.

Re: The use of exfat formatted USB-keys #54 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,306 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 2 December 2020 - 21:52

would mean to delete the mount link to busybox and make a mount link to mount.util-linux

Happens automatically when you install it.

Re: The use of exfat formatted USB-keys #55 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,306 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 2 December 2020 - 21:54

Yes sda1 is USB stick 32GB and mcblk0p1 is SD card 1GB or so. Next is pluged external 1TB HDD formated NTFS by USB 3.0 cable and this I can not still see.

If you look in your screenshot, you see lines 206 to 213, which is the detection of your 32GB device.

If you don't have a similar block of lines for your 1TB device, the OS hasn't even seen it, in which case you have a different problem, not a mount problem.

Re: The use of exfat formatted USB-keys #56 Riosa

• 20 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 December 2020 - 22:01

I don´t have similar block of lines for TB device. So what can I do next?

Re: The use of exfat formatted USB-keys #57 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 2 December 2020 - 22:03

Maybe re-attach the HDD. Is the similar block of lines then visible?

Xtrend ET-9200, ET-8000, ET-10000, OpenPliPC on Ubuntu 12.04

Re: The use of exfat formatted USB-keys #58 mrvica

• 1,216 posts

+80
Good

Posted 2 December 2020 - 22:04

for the external USB drive you´ll need an external power supply

Re: The use of exfat formatted USB-keys #59 Riosa

• 20 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 December 2020 - 22:07

Maybe re-attach the HDD. Is the similar block of lines then visible?

I did it - no changes.

Re: The use of exfat formatted USB-keys #60 Riosa

• 20 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 December 2020 - 22:12

for the external USB drive you´ll need an external power supply

This 1T HDD was correctly working in openATV and openHDF powered by receiver (Formuler F4 turbo) and just now the light in HDD is on. So power should be ok. This light is blinking when HDD is in idle ond should be off-no power.

Edited by Riosa, 2 December 2020 - 22:16.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: exfat, USB-stick, USB-key, mount

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users