←  [EN] Enduser support

Forums

»

ci+ support

2stein's Photo 2stein 31 Jan 2016

well, struggeling for the right approach is a characteristic sign for motivation. 

i liked reading the other thread... and more than once i had the impression that gutemine saw himself as a trainer helping others to become successful themselves.

we'll see... in the end all that counts is the result :-)

Dimitrij's Photo Dimitrij 31 Jan 2016

And telling you that your arguments and dispute runs in the wrong direction based on false assumptions is also what i would call support.

Why not just help, you just know how to do it?

Lost in Space's Photo Lost in Space 31 Jan 2016

I now already wrote 4x in 2 threads why I'm the LAST person you should ask for further help on this case.

But let's try the more egoistic argument, maybe this is easier to understand in our egoistic societey:

On my Dreambox 7080 and 820 (with Partnerbox)  I have a fully working solution, more flexible and powerfull and OpenSource than the others are having,

I don't havy any annoying CI messages, I can use 2 CI Modules (even from same provider) at the same time to record and watch, stream, transcode or use PIP, I don't need to switch to the channel I'm recording to prevent failed recordings, etc.

WHY should I (!) now spend time and effort to try to fix their stuff for boxes I don't have and images I don't use?

WHY are THEY not investing their time and effort to copy and reach the same satisfaction level with their customers and users ?

Have a nice day,

gutemine

Edited by gutemine, 31 January 2016 - 14:43.

malakudi's Photo malakudi 31 Jan 2016

@gutemine: And why should OpenPLi do this? If manufacturers are interesting of CI+ support, they should provide it. So when someone from OpenPli quotes "Ask your XXX manufacturer", they are actually correct.

In my opinion, OpenPLi should not include anything that is illegal. And supporting hacked CI+ certificates is illegal. OpenATV includes the patches needed but OpenATV is not a legal entity. OpenPLi is.

Does DMM official images offer support for CI+? I doubt it. If there is a way to add support for CI+ without implementing anything inside enigma2 (like it is done for softcams - only camd.socket is used) then OK, we should also implement this somehow.

Edited by malakudi, 31 January 2016 - 14:49.

Dimitrij's Photo Dimitrij 31 Jan 2016

WHY should I (!)

Everything is clear, the question is closed ;) .

Lost in Space's Photo Lost in Space 31 Jan 2016

DMM just offers official support for Virtual CI Modules via that socket, which is not at all illegal. If you would read the code you would see that you can handle CIs that way also completely outside of enigma2.

PS: I knew that you would understand the egoistic argument, despite the other ones are the real.

Edited by gutemine, 31 January 2016 - 19:17.

gorski's Photo gorski 31 Jan 2016

Don't you just love this tribal BS... :rolleyes: :D

2stein's Photo 2stein 1 Feb 2016

well, bs back or forth... 

to me the dmm implementation looks more generic than vti and openatv which only seem to work well together with softcam changes e.g. in oscam.

athoik's Photo athoik 1 Feb 2016

... This binary then just communicates via sockets with enigma2 like a softcam.

Currently we are reading from ci%d using the following code:

sprintf(filename, "/dev/ci%d", nr);
fd = ::open(filename, O_RDWR | O_NONBLOCK | O_CLOEXEC);
I guess since you are mentioning just copy/paste code and socket, something like the following is required...

(pseudocode)
if(::access("/var/run/ca/ci%d.socket"))
{
   //create fd from socket
   fd = socket(...)
}
else
{
   sprintf(filename, "/dev/ci%d", nr);
   fd = ::open(filename, O_RDWR | O_NONBLOCK | O_CLOEXEC);
}
Most probably I will be able to test in a month, when I have an LNB at 19E and HD+ subscription. ;)
Edited by athoik, 1 February 2016 - 15:22.

Lost in Space's Photo Lost in Space 1 Feb 2016

Well, it is NOT that easy - run the binary on a 7020 or 7080, the log will tell you what messages are sent ... and the code their simple structure

2stein's Photo 2stein 5 Feb 2016

unfortunately i don't own a dreambox... but hopefully there are other dreambox owners who will. 

athoik's Photo athoik 5 Feb 2016

Do you have HD+ card?

2stein's Photo 2stein 6 Feb 2016

yes, i do.