Zgemma box, is it worth to buy?

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

Re: Zgemma box, is it worth to buy? #41 GThomas

• 157 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 2 November 2018 - 22:55

and it could bring me a beer from time to time :)

Semper in faecibus sumus sole, profundum variat

Nolite Pavere

Currently in use:

Zgemma H7S

Qnap TS209Pro

T95Z Plus

Arcam AVR350

Re: Zgemma box, is it worth to buy? #42 gorski

• 1,699 posts

+46
Good

Posted 2 November 2018 - 22:56

I have H7S (2 x DVB-S2X and DVB-T2) and it all works fabulously well...

That is: Sat TV and playback, plus streaming.

I recorded from Sat TV and no probs.

<span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>Laziness and cowardice are the reasons why such a large proportion of men, even when nature has long emancipated them from alien guidance..." I. Kant, "Political writings" (1784)</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'><a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='http://eserver.org/p...lightenment.txt'>http://eserver.org/p...ent.txt</a>'><a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a>'>http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a></a> - the jolly text on Enlightenment, at the basis of Modernity...</span>

Re: Zgemma box, is it worth to buy? #43 Dimmie

• 2,338 posts

+33
Good

Posted 2 November 2018 - 23:29

Agree on Gorski.

But..it does not bring beers..

Re: Zgemma box, is it worth to buy? #44 GThomas

• 157 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 2 November 2018 - 23:46

Thank you.

That leaves mewith one last consideration, the one that may be better left unspoken.

but just to prevent you from guessing: cak7

Nolite Pavere

Currently in use:

Zgemma H7S

Qnap TS209Pro

T95Z Plus

Arcam AVR350

Re: Zgemma box, is it worth to buy? #45 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,528 posts

+1,736
Excellent

Posted 3 November 2018 - 01:23

As in? CSAT pairing?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Zgemma box, is it worth to buy? #46 GThomas

• 157 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 3 November 2018 - 07:51

Yes, as in pairing..

See.. Even as I have that "job" with unicable lined up, I did not stop learning.

Started making much smaller package for myself (zgemma, 1 dish)
And then learned about Cameleon, Cayman, CAK7...

And the fact that my TV supplier (paid- I'm not a thief) is upgrading securities over the next year. And he insists on pairing with his crappy little unusable decoders.
So.. Until I know more I'm not making commitments.

But it isn't a topic for this place, me thinks.

Nolite Pavere

Currently in use:

Zgemma H7S

Qnap TS209Pro

T95Z Plus

Arcam AVR350

Re: Zgemma box, is it worth to buy? #47 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,528 posts

+1,736
Excellent

Posted 3 November 2018 - 13:48

We are all too aware of this, thanks the the illegal sharing community we loyal subscribers are punished.

In general:

• if you have a smartcard that isn't paired, it can be used in a cardreader slot with a softcam
  • if you have a smartcard that is paired but you have the boxkey and/or RSA key used (like with a SKY card), you can still use a cardreader slot with a softcam
  • if you have a smartcard that is paired but you don't have the boxkey, and your provider supports the use of a CI module that is not CI+, you can use it in a CI slot (with it's inherent limitations)
  • else you're screwed

Which is why you see the illegal scene switch from cardsharing to IPTV streams on a massive scale.

And even if you can find a way, there may be limitations, like with all SKY HD transponders, which use an extra encryption layer at transponder level that is built in de software of the box, which is why the softcam can't decode these channels.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Zgemma box, is it worth to buy? #48 gorski

• 1,699 posts

+46
Good

Posted 3 November 2018 - 14:01

There is this thing, though: 2 sat tv boxes + QUAD LNB or maybe even 2 dishes - original for the paid subscription and a hobby one for fun... :)

EDIT

I forgot: https://duckduckgo.c...?&t=ffsb&ia=web

Edited by gorski, 3 November 2018 - 14:03.

<span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>Laziness and cowardice are the reasons why such a large proportion of men, even when nature has long emancipated them from alien guidance..." I. Kant, "Political writings" (1784)</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'><a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='http://eserver.org/p...lightenment.txt'>http://eserver.org/p...ent.txt</a>'><a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a>'>http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a></a> - the jolly text on Enlightenment, at the basis of Modernity...</span>

Re: Zgemma box, is it worth to buy? #49 GThomas

• 157 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 3 November 2018 - 17:50

In general:
[LIST][*]if you have a smartcard that isn't paired, it can be used in a cardreader slot with a softcam[/*]
[*]if you have a smartcard that is paired but you have the boxkey and/or RSA key used (like with a SKY card), you can still use a cardreader slot with a softcam[/*]
[*]if you have a smartcard that is paired but you don't have the boxkey, and your provider supports the use of a CI module that is not CI+, you can use it in a CI slot (with it's inherent limitations)[/*]
[*]else you're screwed[/*]
[/LIST]

Pretty much my point.
I've got until 22nc of December to make up my mind.
So, in as few words as I can:

There's 2 providers available.
Got to check securities of both.
Got to decide from below:

To go for one with weaker security (and run a risk of card update)
To obtain, whilst it is still possible, an old Cameleon (unpaired) card from second hand market (possible to get a pre-pay card and optionally upgrade to contract)
To obtain (from a shady market) a Conax card with RSA already calculated (risk of OTA updates still exists)
Or to get a nornaln"pair" of OEM decoder and a card, try to work out solution at later stage.

To be fair- this last one looks the most probable.
Bonus would be that I'd have "original" decoder, which, as I believe, would be very helpful when trying for RSA and boxkey.

Will see.

Not today, though- today is "bone-oh"-fire" night, and after I need to try and fix wife's coffee machine..

And eventually collapse on bed.

Nolite Pavere

Currently in use:

Zgemma H7S

Qnap TS209Pro

T95Z Plus

Arcam AVR350

Re: Zgemma box, is it worth to buy? #50 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,528 posts

+1,736
Excellent

Posted 3 November 2018 - 18:20

With this wind maybe not much of a bonfire. Although fireworks have started here and there...

Perhaps just post what provider and what smarcard this a about, chances are there are readers who know more...

Re: Zgemma box, is it worth to buy? #51 GThomas

• 157 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 3 November 2018 - 18:34

I guess it won't hurt:

Provider1: Polsat
Provider2: NC+
With subsections:
Old Cameleon: originally TNK later acquired by NC+
Conax card- from series of NC+ decoders (BSLA for example) that had only partial pairing.
Current offer/securities- a lot that I'm yet to check.

Nolite Pavere

Currently in use:

Zgemma H7S

Qnap TS209Pro

T95Z Plus

Arcam AVR350

Re: Zgemma box, is it worth to buy? #52 GThomas

• 157 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 9 November 2018 - 12:14

Rright...

Not surprised nor dissapointed in lack of replies- as I said before- not many want to touch this topic..

Which also brings me to ask this:

This very thread is dedicated to zGemma boxes, I dontcreally want to derail it. Therefore can I ask for a little guidance as to where to ask my questions? Yes, I've been looking trough forum, couldn't find anything similar.

Mods: please delete/move as appropriate.

Thank you in advance.

A some sort of update, or more likely lack of one:

By now I only established that for some time provider (NC+) was supporting NagraMA with tunnelling trough Seca (for backwards compatibility with older receivers)
Middle of last year they started turning that Seca off (in the form of OTA update)
This makes me think that only NagraMA was left..

But!
All that relates to old cards. There's plenty of information how to overcome this update.

I, on the other hand, would be purchasing NEW card (with receiver, 99% chance it will be paired)

And I have no idea how to find out what system/pairing is being used..

Any pointers, please?

PS: there is a "dedicated" ISO - "PKT Hyperion", and I did try to find something there.
But even there they write pretty much only about old cards, nothing new- that's for one.
For the other- I'm not really convinced that Hyperion would be for me at all. If its built with same chaotic approach as their forum- I think I'll pass.
I kind if like it here: level discussions, knowledgeable people, and most tries their best to give clear and full answers to the actual question.

Thank you for that, too.

Nolite Pavere

Currently in use:

Zgemma H7S

Qnap TS209Pro

T95Z Plus

Arcam AVR350

Re: Zgemma box, is it worth to buy? #53 GThomas

• 157 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 9 November 2018 - 12:45

Teeny bit of info just received:

Newest card is a Cayman..

Starting (restarting) my search, but any ideas still welcome.

Nolite Pavere

Currently in use:

Zgemma H7S

Qnap TS209Pro

T95Z Plus

Arcam AVR350

Re: Zgemma box, is it worth to buy? #54 tomek

• 65 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 9 November 2018 - 15:27

Polsat:

1803 - Nagra. cak6 (boxkey & rsa) still supported

1861 - Nagra. cak6 (boxkey & rsa) still supported

186C - Nagra. cak7 only

06ED - Irdeto (cardless in newest stb's: evobox lite and evobox hd)

NC+ (Cyfra+ & Platforma N):

0B01 - Conax HW paired and software paired (rsa - only BSLA and BSKA series stb) - system used originally by Platforma N

1813 - Nagra with 0100 Seca tunelling - system used originally by Cyfra+

1884 - Nagra cak7. Newest NC+ cards.

Right now NC+ is pushing OTA upgrade to Cyfra+ cards, they try to force customers to replace 0100 cards to 1884 and new box.

This patch fixes broken 0100 provider: http://www.streamboa...cam/ticket/4691

They will switch off completly 0100 seca tunneling in december 2019: https://ncplus.pl/za...ieczenie-tresci and probably modify nano on 1813 provider - just like canalsat did on 0100&1811 cards to fight with cardsharing.

Also implementation of cayman cards is a sort of failure

For about 35euro you can buy from them in prepaid offer: https://ncplus.pl/sk...-149/zamow Pace

HDS7241 STI 7xxx series SoC stb with cayman cak7 card, pace is vulnerable to old sti hack http://www.security-...01-details.html and you can run cayman card and 4k channels on cak7 (private as for now) oscam...

Its endless cat and mouse game.

Excuse my simple english :)

Edited by tomek, 9 November 2018 - 15:30.

Re: Zgemma box, is it worth to buy? #55 GThomas

• 157 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 11 November 2018 - 23:52

Dzieki (thanks)

I've found some resources, and I have to say it begins to look... promising.

That deal with zGemma that I was offered.

At this stage it'd look like this:

Get zGemma with an old BSLA/bska (0B01) PREPAID card, paired (pairing switchable ON/OFF? Need to confirm)

Preparation:
In mutual understanding and trust, I'd ask seller to provide me with numbers of card and serial number of stb originally used with that card.
Call to customer service to confirm these two are "coupled" and prepay function is active - this later one being more important- some cards were sold with only 1 month "introductory" prepaid and if weren't used for a period of time, the only option to reactivate is full contract.
Something I'd rather avoid at this stage at least.

Next- buy the thing.

Check how to calculate RSA (unless already done) in case that zGemma fails and card will need to be transplanted to another stb.

Estimated cost EUR200 + some E60 for 12 months access.
Hmmm... :)

Still got time.
Still learning.
I'd much rather found a nasty surprise now than later..

Edited by GThomas, 11 November 2018 - 23:54.

Nolite Pavere

Currently in use:

Zgemma H7S

Qnap TS209Pro

T95Z Plus

Arcam AVR350

Re: Zgemma box, is it worth to buy? #56 GThomas

• 157 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 23 November 2018 - 10:46

H7S ordered.

But I don't think I'll be even unpacking it until after Christmas..

We shall see :)

Nolite Pavere

Currently in use:

Zgemma H7S

Qnap TS209Pro

T95Z Plus

Arcam AVR350

Re: Zgemma box, is it worth to buy? #57 gorski

• 1,699 posts

+46
Good

Posted 23 November 2018 - 11:24

You have a PM, for a while now... ;)

Re: Zgemma box, is it worth to buy? #58 GThomas

• 157 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 23 November 2018 - 12:06

You have a PM, for a while now... ;)

Answered.

Nolite Pavere

Currently in use:

Zgemma H7S

Qnap TS209Pro

T95Z Plus

Arcam AVR350

Re: Zgemma box, is it worth to buy? #59 GThomas

• 157 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 24 November 2018 - 22:44

RRight..

Zgemma arrived

And I`m a bit.. dissapointed.

Dont get me wrong.. It scanned the channels, both HotBird and Terrestial.

changes the channels, theres some sort of EPG..

But when it comes to stream to KOdi its a right pain.

Slow, often freezes..

I had it running for only 2 hours, treat it as first impressions.

Maybe its the large number of Bouquets

maybe its Kodi thats low on memory

maybe its OpenATV..

I dont know.  Yet.

I`ll limit the bouquet number to 2 - because thats what i can still do today.

next ill flash Open PLI.

Will see...

Nolite Pavere

Currently in use:

Zgemma H7S

Qnap TS209Pro

T95Z Plus

Arcam AVR350

Re: Zgemma box, is it worth to buy? #60 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,528 posts

+1,736
Excellent

Posted 24 November 2018 - 22:45

Wired connection between the two?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users