78 replies to this topic

Re: Zgemma box, is it worth to buy? #61 gorski

• 1,699 posts

+46
Good

Posted 24 November 2018 - 22:54

Nah, I can't recognise it...

Try the one I suggested and tell...

<span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>Laziness and cowardice are the reasons why such a large proportion of men, even when nature has long emancipated them from alien guidance..." I. Kant, "Political writings" (1784)</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'><a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='http://eserver.org/p...lightenment.txt'>http://eserver.org/p...ent.txt</a>'><a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a>'>http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a></a> - the jolly text on Enlightenment, at the basis of Modernity...</span>

Re: Zgemma box, is it worth to buy? #62 GThomas

• 157 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 24 November 2018 - 23:19

Wired connection between the two?

Of course.

Wifey took over the TV. I'll be playing again tomorrow...

Semper in faecibus sumus sole, profundum variat

Nolite Pavere

Currently in use:

Zgemma H7S

Qnap TS209Pro

T95Z Plus

Arcam AVR350

Re: Zgemma box, is it worth to buy? #63 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 25 November 2018 - 10:35

We are giving no guarantees on Kodi or HbbTV whatsoever. It all comes down to what the manufacturer supplies.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Zgemma box, is it worth to buy? #64 GThomas

• 157 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 25 November 2018 - 11:20

Oh.. Don't worry about that.

I don't hold anyone responsible.

All I'm doing is typing down what do I think of it.

And if anyone has an idea- great. If not- then not.

I had a night to think of what I was doing yesterday, and, embarrassing as it is (see? I'm not afraid to admit i did stupid thing!), it was a really really bad idea to leave "update channels from PVR" on default setting of 2 minutes.

I mean- that list is heavy.
No wonder all the bandwitch between Zgemma and kodi was taken and there was no room for stream.

Trouble is- after I changed that setting to 1400minutes, and left only 3 bouquets- the very plugin in kodi doesn't load up.

Not your problem, of course, but it is something I will have to sort out.

Maybe I'll clear kodis folders or something like that.

But that's for later. Right now I have job to do..

Nolite Pavere

Currently in use:

Zgemma H7S

Qnap TS209Pro

T95Z Plus

Arcam AVR350

Re: Zgemma box, is it worth to buy? #65 GThomas

• 157 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 25 November 2018 - 19:29

On Kodi:

Settings=>PVR Client=>General=>Clear Data

Sorted.

Also OpenPli flashed.

Now I`m about ready to tackle the viewing card, but it will have to wait.

Nolite Pavere

Currently in use:

Zgemma H7S

Qnap TS209Pro

T95Z Plus

Arcam AVR350

Re: Zgemma box, is it worth to buy? #66 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 30 November 2018 - 07:44

You are on OpenPLi forum and you use OpenATV, perhaps put your remarks on the right forum or install OpenPLi on it.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Zgemma box, is it worth to buy? #67 gorski

• 1,699 posts

+46
Good

Posted 30 November 2018 - 07:49

This is The Lounge: "Anything not related to OpenPLi support or development.
No topics off limits..."

<span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>Laziness and cowardice are the reasons why such a large proportion of men, even when nature has long emancipated them from alien guidance..." I. Kant, "Political writings" (1784)</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'><a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='http://eserver.org/p...lightenment.txt'>http://eserver.org/p...ent.txt</a>'><a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a>'>http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a></a> - the jolly text on Enlightenment, at the basis of Modernity...</span>

Re: Zgemma box, is it worth to buy? #68 GThomas

• 157 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 30 November 2018 - 08:00

Also OpenPli flashed.

You are on OpenPLi forum and you use OpenATV, perhaps put your remarks on the right forum or install OpenPLi on it.

Yes, it came with OpenATV.
I never had intention of leaving it that way.
Flashed as soon as I was able to.

Edited by GThomas, 30 November 2018 - 08:05.

Nolite Pavere

Currently in use:

Zgemma H7S

Qnap TS209Pro

T95Z Plus

Arcam AVR350

Re: Zgemma box, is it worth to buy? #69 GThomas

• 157 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 30 November 2018 - 08:45

gorski: thank you for defense :)

Nolite Pavere

Currently in use:

Zgemma H7S

Qnap TS209Pro

T95Z Plus

Arcam AVR350

Re: Zgemma box, is it worth to buy? #70 gorski

• 1,699 posts

+46
Good

Posted 16 December 2018 - 02:52

Just checked again, after some time not trying it out: PiP is now working fine! No more freezing, crashing, slowing down badly etc. etc.

In my H7S with PurE2 v. 6.2, booting into PiP  variant, obviously (2 x DVB-S2X and DVB-T2) - any combination of tuners is fine...

Also tested the new H9.2H - working well, I am pleased to say, any sat TV channel + terrestrial channel...

The "experimental" part from the name of the image can be removed, as far as I am concerned - it just does what it says on the tin! :D

Re: Zgemma box, is it worth to buy? #71 GThomas

• 157 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 16 December 2018 - 09:24

And in my end:

(Still before proper setup, estimated for middle of January):

Zgemma H7S, OpenPli 6.2.
Connected only 1 satellite feed
And 1 terrestrial feed.

Starting stream or direct (hdmi) of satellite channel goes smoothly.

But when starting IP stream or direct (hdmi) off terrestrial, first 5-10 seconds is "broken".
Stops and shatters. I could even say it looks like its trying to buffer.
But why only on terrestrial? I don't know.

I will see will it improve when setup is finished.

Just as a note:
Planned:

Oscam for N card
2x 2 port DiSEqC switch
2x twin LNB (13.0E+19.2E, on one dish)

Nolite Pavere

Currently in use:

Zgemma H7S

Qnap TS209Pro

T95Z Plus

Arcam AVR350

Re: Zgemma box, is it worth to buy? #72 gorski

• 1,699 posts

+46
Good

Posted 3 January 2019 - 13:58

I just tested a lot of stuff in various boxes and compared with my H7 - whether it's Kodi or FNC plugins, streaming or playback, not to mention Sat TV... H7 is just an awesome product, all in all!!! :)

How did it end in your setup? Did you manage to figure it all out? Do tell, so we can spread the "how to", for all to enjoy... ;)

Re: Zgemma box, is it worth to buy? #73 GThomas

• 157 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 7 January 2019 - 09:30

No, not yet..

I just came back (2076km/24hrs drive) from Poland, where I started that oscam (had some spare time).

I will be getting to it in few days (re-run shotgun coax cable as one is damaged, program up harmony remote etc), but first I need to catch up with work.

On the good side- that "triple dish/VU Uno/strraming " setup held nicely trough Christmas, clients happy..

Nolite Pavere

Currently in use:

Zgemma H7S

Qnap TS209Pro

T95Z Plus

Arcam AVR350

Re: Zgemma box, is it worth to buy? #74 GThomas

• 157 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 9 January 2019 - 12:53

Slightly off topic.. (But its still for zgemma use)..

I wonder...

But let's begin at the beginning.

Currently I have a "shotgun" cable between the dish and TV setup.
Its not that easy to change, and there's definitely no space for another cable. If I was to replace it, I would have to use same kind of cable, and route it in exactly same way.

And to replace it I will have to.
One of cables in that shotgun is damaged. Simples.

Until now just one was sufficient, even when I had to run terrestrial signal together with sat signal trough it:

LNB------------------------------ (break in cable/unused)----
 |
  --------------------------
                            |
Terrestial---------         |
                   |        |
(No DC pass input) |        |(DC pass both ways)
                 Splitter/combiner
                       |
                       |(output)
                       |
                        -----------//--------
                                             |
                                             |
                   --------------------------
                  |
          (Input) |
            Splitter/combiner
             |            |
(No DC pass) |            |(DC pass both ways)
             |            |
 Terrestrial amplifier.   |
             |            |
             |             ----------> sat signal
             |
              ------------------------> terrestrial signal
Now I'm in need of expansion, and I wonder..

LNB1------------------          ------------------LNB2
  |                   |        |                   |
  |                   |        |                   |
  |                  DiSEqC A/B(1).                |
  |                       |                        |
  |                       |                        |
   ----------------------------------------        |
   (Cables not connected, |                |       |
          just crossing ^)|               DiSEqC A/B(2)
                           ---------            |
                                    |            ----//----
                     ---------------                       |
Terrestrial---      |                                      |
              |     |                                      |
(No DC pass). |     |(DC pass both ways).                  |
              |     |                                      |
        Splitter/combiner.                                 |
                |                                          |
                 -----------//---------   ---------//------
                                       |  |
                                       |  |(shotgun cable)
                                       |  |
                       ----------------    -------------
                      |                                 |
              Splitter/combiner.                        |
                |           |                           |
   (No DC pass) |           | (DC pass both ways)       |
                |           |                           |
          Terrestial        |         ------------------
             signal         |        |
          amplifier         |         ----------------------->sat signal1
                |            -------------------------------->sat signal2
                 -------------------------------------------->terrestrial signal

First one works flawlessly for quite a while now.

This second one is in planning, and I wonder will these splitters/combiners have any impact on DiSEqC switching..

May be looking for another way, this is just one of ideas that I have.

Nolite Pavere

Currently in use:

Zgemma H7S

Qnap TS209Pro

T95Z Plus

Arcam AVR350

Re: Zgemma box, is it worth to buy? #75 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 10 January 2019 - 20:05

If they pass 22 kHz and voltage (upstream), it should work. Unless you're attempting to put the output of two LNB's over one cable at the same time, that won't work.

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Zgemma box, is it worth to buy? #76 v12nut

• 68 posts

Neutral

Posted 18 April 2020 - 10:19

Anyone know if it is possible to watch one channel and record another from a single feed on the Zgemma H9 twin?

or can I use a splitter on my single feed to the other tuner?

cheers

Re: Zgemma box, is it worth to buy? #77 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 18 April 2020 - 13:48

That's basic satellite receiver knowledge.

One feed one tuner: yes you can, but only for services on the same transponder

One feed two tuners: you you can, but only for services on the same quadrant (i.e. same polarity and same band and same position)

If you want to be able to receive any service at will, dual, you'll need to have two feeds and and two tuners OR use a SCR system (Unicable/JESS).

Re: Zgemma box, is it worth to buy? #78 v12nut

• 68 posts

Neutral

Posted 18 April 2020 - 16:25

That's basic satellite receiver knowledge.

One feed one tuner: yes you can, but only for services on the same transponder

One feed two tuners: you you can, but only for services on the same quadrant (i.e. same polarity and same band and same position)

If you want to be able to receive any service at will, dual, you'll need to have two feeds and and two tuners OR use a SCR system (Unicable/JESS).

Thanks for that, for what ever reason it was not working for me on this box (operator error probably) all fixed now.

Re: Zgemma box, is it worth to buy? #79 rowetim138

• 1 posts

Neutral

Posted 25 April 2020 - 12:57

CA card reader. It has SD or microSD card. It's no problem for me because I watch only FTA these days and if I really really wanted to use a softcam, I think I have other devices which will read the card data (which I wouldn't then use the card in).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users