New box

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 ronaldinho2008

• 9 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 February 2016 - 01:15

Hi everyone
I have a vu+one from 2012. Now i want to change it.
Any suggestions plz ?

Re: New box #2 janejak

• 284 posts

+11
Neutral

Posted 20 February 2016 - 02:11

VU+ Solo 4K

Re: New box #3 ronaldinho2008

• 9 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 February 2016 - 07:56

I am still confused between duo2 and solo 4k

Re: New box #4 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 20 February 2016 - 09:37

http://openpli.org/wiki/comparison

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: New box #5 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 20 February 2016 - 09:39

Another advice from the heart. Don't buy a receiver just because they promise OpenPLi support "soon". Only trust us on this matter. Also don't go for specifications, go for real experiences of real users, preferrable of those who have been using a certain receiver for some time.

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: New box #6 ronaldinho2008

• 9 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 February 2016 - 10:13

Another advice from the heart. Don't buy a receiver just because they promise OpenPLi support "soon". Only trust us on this matter. Also don't go for specifications, go for real experiences of real users, preferrable of those who have been using a certain receiver for some time.

Good advice. Can you give me an idea about your experience?

Re: New box #7 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 20 February 2016 - 10:15

No I can't, because as a PLi member, I am always biased (even if not ;))

Re: New box #8 ronaldinho2008

• 9 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 February 2016 - 21:25

no solo 4k there....

Re: New box #9 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 23 February 2016 - 20:00

Yes you're right. If someone adds it, I will fill in the (unknown) blanks.

Edited by Erik Slagter, 24 February 2016 - 15:23.

Re: New box #10 ronaldinho2008

• 9 posts

Neutral

Posted 23 February 2016 - 22:04

I think to buy a duo2

Re: New box #11 antrabe

• 197 posts

Neutral

Posted 23 February 2016 - 23:40

few time ago i had  the same doubt now im very happy with my duo2 im  had before a dm8000 dm800 dm800SE azbox elite azbox plus and the best for me vu duo2 then 8000 because is so old but for sure if i could the best is dm7080 but very high price.

I notice that software run better on dreamboxes but are too old better specification vu+ but i thin still need to improve software.

Solo 4k i think is not good choice by the moment

Re: New box #12 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,639 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 24 February 2016 - 09:45

Yes you're right. If some adds it, I will fill in the (unknown) blanks.

Done.

I noticed that the Zgemma boxes are missing too...

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: New box #13 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 24 February 2016 - 15:29

We have patches "somewhere" from the manufacturer.

I tried to fill the blanks, but the wiki doesn't recognise I'm logged in...

Re: New box #14 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,639 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 24 February 2016 - 16:05

I tried to fill the blanks, but the wiki doesn't recognise I'm logged in...

Cookie settings too "tight"?

The wiki uses the cookies "member_id" and "pass_hash" in for the ".openpli.org" host (= domain cookies).

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: New box #15 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,078 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 26 February 2016 - 21:58

Hi,

The PiP section for the Solo 4K of the wiki mentions "Full" be careful that VU+ announced that it won't be possible to have PiP between 2 UHD channels.

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: New box #16 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 1 March 2016 - 19:45

Now you mention it, I seem to remember. I'll make a note.

Re: New box #17 WTE

• 821 posts

+36
Good

Posted 1 March 2016 - 20:58

Hi,

The PiP section for the Solo 4K of the wiki mentions "Full" be careful that VU+ announced that it won't be possible to have PiP between 2 UHD channels.

Pr2

This is not complete true :)

It's not possible to do PiP with both windows in UHD resolution.

However hardware support 2x UHD channels but in lower resolution

Edited by WTE, 1 March 2016 - 20:58.

Mut@nt HD51 STB 4K

:rolleyes:                :rolleyes:

Re: New box #18 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,078 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 3 March 2016 - 10:47

Hi,

I just test it, PiP with 2 UHD on a Solo 4K and I have exactly the same behavior has when I PiP 2 HD channels on my (old) Xtrend ET-9000.

I mean that in PiP windows indeed we have the image but it is not smooth at all, we have one image per second (choppiness images), so really unusable.

Pr2

P.S.: Due to limitation on my current amplifier the output of the Solo 4K is limited to 1080p (perhaps this has an impact on the test I perform).

Edited by Pr2, 3 March 2016 - 10:48.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: New box #19 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 3 March 2016 - 11:22

Hi,

Pr2

The hardware also supports transcoding 4 (maybe even 6) HD channels simultaneously. VU+ (also) didn't choose to implement that.

Re: New box #20 WTE

• 821 posts

+36
Good

Posted 3 March 2016 - 12:03

Hi,

Pr2

The hardware also supports transcoding 4 (maybe even 6) HD channels simultaneously. VU+ (also) didn't choose to implement that.

Again not true

So far we know the chip is a BCM7366. Now I watch the chipset more close this is really made for headless use.

Now I understand the name Solo as it cannot do anything :lol:

It has only three decode units and when two or more is used the maximum decode is 1080p. This means then no 4K support.

When you see a 4k Channel then it seems nothing else is possible. (maybe a bad PiP with a trick)

For transcode maximum is 2 but then nothing else is possible. So this means even not possible to watch TV :wacko:

Mut@nt HD51 STB 4K

:rolleyes:                :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users