• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

Re: Open PLi HD Skins #21 DrData

• 99 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 1 November 2016 - 01:41

For me the answer is simple:

I cut only 3 Channels from Channellist and instead I get the next 8 EPG-Infos. I like it.
This design is made by me, but its not new. I use it now for about 2 years. In the beginning
with another modified renderer called NextEvent.py which do nearly the same like NextEpgInfo.py.

The Idea behind is:
I think every User use the channellist much more often than any of the different EPG solutions
( SingeEPG/Multigraph-EPG/MerlinEPG and so on ).
So the chance to see any in the EPG which is worth to watch or record is much higher.
And in most cases primetime is included.

But......we all know that it is not possible to make ONE skin wich EVERY user like.
Taste differs from user to user.

Re: Open PLi HD Skins #22 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 1 November 2016 - 06:27

....It takes soo many place for nit that big addid value. ...

IMHO it doesn't take that much space at all. Why would you want to see so many services in the channel list? A few less don't hurt.

This is my version of Dr Data's idea:
Attached File  CLO-1.jpg   95.32KB   78 downloads

You see: more services don't add value, more info does. But everyone his idea about that, one can amend skins & py's to get the desired results.

Re: Open PLi HD Skins #23 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 1 November 2016 - 09:53

I cut only 3 Channels from Channellist and instead I get the next 8 EPG-Infos. I like it.

->

A skin is just taste.... and get "used" two... I personally do not like it... I like to see more channels and to see more EPG I hit the INFO button....

We try to keep simple screens that looks not too wild.... The replacing of 3 channels in the channel list which should be a channel list interferes with the too wild requirement...

But still everyone can choose... :) That's the advantage of E2

Edited by littlesat, 1 November 2016 - 09:55.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Open PLi HD Skins #24 mrvica

• 1,216 posts

+80
Good

Posted 1 November 2016 - 12:27

interferes with the too wild requirement...

it slows down a bit when you are going over channels because it needs to read EPG in

Re: Open PLi HD Skins #25 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 1 November 2016 - 17:57

interferes with the too wild requirement...

it slows down a bit when you are going over channels because it needs to read EPG in

Not in the slightest here.

Re: Open PLi HD Skins #26 mrvica

• 1,216 posts

+80
Good

Posted 29 December 2016 - 11:17

another prime time example
https://github.com/o...xHDPrimeTime.py
not working with OpenPLi, any idea to get it working, by the way, datetime variable is not shown correctly on OpenPLi, when you press Info key (eventview, epg_description), only date is shown, not time, check it yourself, OpenATV datetime OK, is this binary responsable for that
usr\lib\python2.7\lib-dynload\datetime.so
I mean this part of the skin
<widget name="epg_description" position="15,60" size="1250,540" font="RegularI; 24" halign="block" />
<widget name="datetime" position="15,620" size="250,28" font="Regular; 24" foregroundColor="neutrino2ndFG" />
<widget name="duration" position="290,620" size="130,28" font="Regular; 24" foregroundColor="neutrino2ndFG" />
<widget name="channel" position="445,620" size="750,28" font="Regular; 24" foregroundColor="neutrino2ndFG" />

Re: Open PLi HD Skins #27 Pedro_Newbie

• 4,631 posts

+225
Excellent

Posted 8 January 2017 - 15:42

OK.....here we go.

This is for PLi-FullNightHD.

Installation:
copy NextEpgInfo2.py to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Renderer
copy (replace) skin.xml to /usr/share/enigma2/PLi-FullNightHD
Restart Enigma

@littlesat
If you think its usefull feel free to add it to your Git.
I know you like 100% clean solutions. My way to overlay 4 rows ist not 100% clean.
But....it works and for my personal use I like the advantage.
My Python programing is not good enough to modify the Renderer in a clean way.

I took the liberty to make a little IPK which does the following:
- make a skin_user_PLi-FullNightHD.xml in /etc/enigma
- make a symlink of the above mentioned skin_user_PLi-FullNightHD.xml in /etc/enigma2 with the name skin_user_PLi-FullHD.xml
- copy the render NextEpgInfo2.py to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Renderer

So now the altered screen ChannelSelection (in Dutch Zenderkeuze) is save for any skin update, even when the skins PLi-FullNightHD and PLi-FullHD are updated the altered screen ChannelSelection are still with the 8 epg events in the bottom rows.
After installation an Enigma2 restart is required (as all changes in a skin needs a restart)

Example of the screen:
screen_epg1.png

Thanks @DrData for the idea/screen!

Extension for the skins:
PLi-FullNightHD and
PLi-FullHD

Edited by Pedro_Newbie, 8 January 2017 - 15:42.

Re: Open PLi HD Skins #28 dreka

• 231 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 8 January 2017 - 16:13

Ziet er mooi uit , zou mooi zijn als je de kleur kon aanpassen. :)

Wat er ook gebeurt altijd blijven lachen

Re: Open PLi HD Skins #29 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 8 January 2017 - 16:16

Brrrr... wierd of shorting the list and ugly to make a NextEpgInfo2.py instead of 'altering' the existing one... But the way how it is done now the 8 next programs could also be moved below the description when you remove that extra lines.... Then better go for 6 next instead of 8 (I think 6 is also enough) and decrease the font a little and shift a little with the stuff below the PIG.

And why did you revert to white and yellow instead of keeping it blue...?

Edited by littlesat, 8 January 2017 - 16:18.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Open PLi HD Skins #30 Pedro_Newbie

• 4,631 posts

+225
Excellent

Posted 8 January 2017 - 16:50

It was unintentional, the screen is/was wrong pointing to a Pedro_FullNightHD skin which doesn't excist. In the enclosed IPK it is sorted out

The screen was copied from DrData and for me it is fine.
Moving to below the description is no option because then you're cutting the description as in this screen is seen

screen_epg.png

Attached Files

Edited by Pedro_Newbie, 8 January 2017 - 16:51.

Re: Open PLi HD Skins #31 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 8 January 2017 - 16:56

I think 8 next programms is too much.... ;)....  and below the selection stuff is ugly.... In fact the place is limited due to the PIG in a PIG skin.... most other skins do not use PIG they are always over the whole screen....

But I told to give 6 next programs instead of 8 and then reorganize the description.... (smaller font... a bit higher, a bit less "empty" spaces... e.g. two or max three lines less detailed EPG info,,,,)

The standard skin has now 3 EPGs in one line under the detailed description... this also offers less detailed info space... but I don't really miss it... And even three lines of next epg is suffuciant as far I think....

(please note how more EPG how slower the selection will be... all data needs to be picked up and rendered...)

Edited by littlesat, 8 January 2017 - 17:00.

Re: Open PLi HD Skins #32 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 8 January 2017 - 17:08

(please note how more EPG how slower the selection will be... all data needs to be picked up and rendered...)

That's pure theoretical. I have the 8 nexts running on all my boxes, even on a DUO, and there is absolutely no delay when going over the services.

Re: Open PLi HD Skins #33 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 8 January 2017 - 17:11

That's pure theoretical. I have the 8 nexts running on all my boxes, even on a DUO, and there is absolutely no delay when going over the services.

->

Logical... we do only update when you release the button in the ChannelSelection screen... ;) As long you hold the button the fields are not updated... and when you zap and release it takes max 10 pushes more likely 5 pushes per second....

But why should you ever need 8 next EPGs message in a channel Selection screen.... This is too much.... And under the selection this makes the whole stull asymetric...just my meaning....!!!

We had just one standard and already bring it to 3...  

It would be a nice compromis to make it e.g. 6 and arrange it in the standard skun by putting two columns of 3 under the detailed description....

Edited by littlesat, 8 January 2017 - 17:13.

Re: Open PLi HD Skins #34 Pedro_Newbie

• 4,631 posts

+225
Excellent

Posted 8 January 2017 - 17:42

I look forward to it, maybe you can make it also as a skin_user .... as an addition or...

Re: Open PLi HD Skins #35 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 8 January 2017 - 22:25

->

Logical... we do only update when you release the button in the ChannelSelection screen... ;) As long you hold the button the fields are not updated... and when you zap and release it takes max 10 pushes more likely 5 pushes per second....

I'm not sure how you could possibly have misread me, but of course I'm talking about updating the nexts-info. There is absolutely no delay.

Re: Open PLi HD Skins #36 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 8 January 2017 - 23:40

Probably you do not experiencd it... But it is there..... ;)... But having 8 next programs in a channel selection list with pig is for my meaning too much....

Re: Open PLi HD Skins #37 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 9 January 2017 - 04:33

Probably you do not experiencd it... But it is there..... ;)...

Which proves my point :)

Re: Open PLi HD Skins #38 mrvica

• 1,216 posts

+80
Good

Posted 9 January 2017 - 11:11

depends of box, on older boxes there is a delay when going over channels, NextEpgInfo is a bit quicker then for example NextEvents, what is still missing is a prime time line, we can now borrow the code from OpenATV, the link: a few posts above or just tell us how to port it for OpenPLi

Re: Open PLi HD Skins #39 DrData

• 99 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 9 January 2017 - 15:32

Bevor Christmas I got my VU+ Ultimo4k.

OpenPLi for U4k does not exists at moment, so I do the same on the VTI Image and make

a screenshoot with 10 next EPG Events. No problems with speed :D

Maby I try 12 entrys later :D  There is some space to do it :D

(Design is work in progress and not final)

Attached Files

Re: Open PLi HD Skins #40 dreamboxco

• 321 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 17 June 2017 - 18:30

where is the full skin for download?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users