• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Replay256

• 76 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 13 March 2016 - 08:23

hallo,

Having a issue to put my LG TV in standby with HDMI-CEC all other function work great except standby, if I use the HdmiTest 0.4 than a get the following message command 36 Refused, (see picture) it seems LG is  ignoring the standby command.

I found the following site:

http://libcec.pulse-eight.com/vendor/support  that Lg is not supporting the standby command,

my question to the technical guys can this be solve in a different way. I can imagine that several people having also issues with LG tv's.

My setup LG55ef950 Version 04.20.70 and a xtrend 10000 last pli version,

Thanks,

Attached Files

Re: HDMI-CEC with LG TV set to standby #2 zeros

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,635 posts

+61
Good

Posted 13 March 2016 - 08:39

In the case of LG you need to turn on the function SIMPLINK, do you have it done?

DM920UHD DVB-S2X TRIPLE tuner + Triple M.S tuner DVB-S2X, DVB-T2/T, QboxHD, QboxHD Mini, Icecrypt T2300HD,
Qviart Lunix3 4K, Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 4GB & 8GB

Vertex 4K60 4:4:4 600MHz

Re: HDMI-CEC with LG TV set to standby #3 Replay256

• 76 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 13 March 2016 - 08:42

Yes funtion SIMPLINK is on, otherwise I would have no response, 

Re: HDMI-CEC with LG TV set to standby #4 Replay256

• 76 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 13 March 2016 - 08:49

Found this:

https://github.com/f...ver.TurnOffLGTV

Maybe a way to implement it in PLi?  :)

Re: HDMI-CEC with LG TV set to standby #5 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 13 March 2016 - 15:18

Not  a good idea, because alll TV brands and models would need their own workarounds. There is no end to it.

Edited by Erik Slagter, 13 March 2016 - 15:18.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: HDMI-CEC with LG TV set to standby #6 s3n0

• 641 posts

+62
Good

Posted 16 January 2021 - 18:52

Hi.

Sorry to answer this old topic, but I'm working on it again.

Has anyone found a way to turn off the screen of an LG TV device via HDMI CEC commands ?

Namely, some LG TVs (probably only older LG TV models) can turn on via CEC. The usual CEC command to activate the standby mode on the TV (by sending "00:36") is unfortunately ignored by these older LG TVs with SIMPLINK.

Conversely, waking up LG TV via CEC usually works in several ways (for example, by sending "00:04" or "00:0D").

Has anyone solved this problem yet ? Or should I try to find a solution further ?

I have been using the RS-232 solution for about 3 years now. It's the best I've found. Better than using a LAN connection. However, the condition is that the RS-232 serial interface must be available in the set-top box and also in the LG TV. Then just make a simple cable - 2 wires in a shielded cable. I used a short audio (stereo) cable, which is enough for this purpose... although of course correctly it should be a twisted pair cable. It is a serial cable in a simple connection called as null-modem (without hardware handshake). Here is my older tutorial:
https://forums.openp...laced-by-rs232/

Re: HDMI-CEC with LG TV set to standby #7 mrvica

• 1,227 posts

+81
Good

Posted 16 January 2021 - 20:00

Sending HDMI-CEC commands from CLI? - [EN] Enduser support - Forums (openpli.org)

Re: HDMI-CEC with LG TV set to standby #8 s3n0

• 641 posts

+62
Good

Posted 16 January 2021 - 21:08

Thanks @mrvica, but this won't help me. I can diagnose (debug) CEC communication in Enigma2. The HdmiCec plugin (in OpenATV) already has a built-in debug-log file, as well as the ability to send CEC commands directly through Shell. I am looking for specific solutions for LG Simplink, or some instructions or manual, for the communication algorithm (LG Simplink). Unfortunately, I don't own multiple LG devices on the HDMI network that I could watch while communicating with each other.

Re: HDMI-CEC with LG TV set to standby #9 Jork

• 755 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted 16 January 2021 - 22:42

I use a certain standard hdmi setting for this on my LG simplink to put it in stby. (deep standby as normal standby) activated this. No issue ever since with STB Gigablue. Of course it all depends to work if both communicate on hardware depending also.

Re: HDMI-CEC with LG TV set to standby #10 s3n0

• 641 posts

+62
Good

Posted 16 January 2021 - 23:32

@Jork and which Enigma distribution do you use exactly in your set-top box ? I guess it's OpenPLi Enigma, right ? I don't know if in OpenPLi under the HdmiCec plugin, there is a function for output to a debug-log file and also the possibility to use Shell to send commands. If so, can you send me the debug-log created in this way (when switching your LG TV off or on) ? Thanks.

Re: HDMI-CEC with LG TV set to standby #11 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,588 posts

+1,738
Excellent

Posted 17 January 2021 - 03:04

Yes, there is.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: HDMI-CEC with LG TV set to standby #12 Jork

• 755 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted 17 January 2021 - 16:08

OpenPli 8.0
Attachment log from standby on/off (toggle)

setting:
config.hdmicec.bookmarks=['/hdd/']
config.hdmicec.debug=3
config.hdmicec.enabled=true
config.hdmicec.handle_deepstandby_events=true
config.hdmicec.minimum_send_interval=250
config.hdmicec.report_active_source=false
config.hdmicec.tv_wakeup_command=textview

LGsetting: Simplink on, Autoswitchon-sync on.

Attached Files

Edited by Jork, 17 January 2021 - 16:13.

Re: HDMI-CEC with LG TV set to standby #13 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,588 posts

+1,738
Excellent

Posted 17 January 2021 - 16:16

My Viera doesn't respond to a switch-off wth 250ms, I need to set it to 150ms for it to switch off when I put the box in standby.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: HDMI-CEC with LG TV set to standby #14 Jork

• 755 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted 17 January 2021 - 16:48

Have you set config.hdmicec.handle_deepstandby_events=true.
This was the most essential setting in my case to work perfect.
Also after the setting on both sides have been made, reboot down both clients.
I can full control standby with both remotes.
Control is most of the time done with the TV remote but i can use both at the same time.
On the other hdmi input a Nvideashield is present.
The same config wasn't working on a sony tv. With LG now all is perfect

Edited by Jork, 17 January 2021 - 16:53.

Re: HDMI-CEC with LG TV set to standby #15 s3n0

• 641 posts

+62
Good

Posted 17 January 2021 - 18:17

Thank you @Jork but I didn't read much from your LOG. I wanted to see some communication under the commercial Simplink LG-TV standard. CEC commands in your LOG-file are standard CEC commands and always works under normal circumstances. There are commands 0x36 (Standby - used to put the TV to sleep) and 0x0D (Text View On - used to wake the TV).

I am adding my previous info:

My LG-TV can be turned on in several ways, for example with CEC commands:

echo "00:04" > /tmp/hdmicec_cmd             # Image View On (enters to the active state)
echo "00:0D" > /tmp/hdmicec_cmd             # Text View On
echo "00:44:6D" > /tmp/hdmicec_cmd          # Remote Control Pass Through - Power On (function)

However, it is not possible to turn off (switch to standby) on my LG TV in any of the tested ways:

echo "00:36" > /tmp/hdmicec_cmd             # request for TV device -> switch to Standby
echo "00:44:6C" > /tmp/hdmicec_cmd          # Remote Control Pass Through - Power Off (function)

So waking up my LG-TV works properly via HDMI CEC. But turning off my LG-TV unfortunately doesn't work at all with any of my tested HDMI CEC commands.

That's why I'm looking for some way to start communicating with LG-TV via Simplink CEC (apparently it's vendor-communication via commands that start with code 0x89).

It may be some BUG in my LG-TV. Uhm... I really have no idea why my LG-TV ignores all attempts to turn it off, via HDMI CEC. The strange thing is that switching the TV off and on via RS-232 works without any problems. My LG-TV announces during CEC requests for its power status that it is in "transition from 'On' to 'Standby' mode". Unfortunately, this LG-TV does not report as if it were in a regular "Standby". It doesn't matter if I turn off my LG-TV using RCU or RS232. I always get the same TV shutdown status:

15:18:01.8587 <Tx:> 00 8F                      <TV><Give Device Power Status>
15:18:02.0323 <Rx:> 00 90 03                   <TV><Report Power Status><In transition On to Standby>

Possible return codes are:

https://github.com/P...lude/cectypes.h

typedef enum cec_power_status
{
  CEC_POWER_STATUS_ON                          = 0x00,
  CEC_POWER_STATUS_STANDBY                     = 0x01,
  CEC_POWER_STATUS_IN_TRANSITION_STANDBY_TO_ON = 0x02,
  CEC_POWER_STATUS_IN_TRANSITION_ON_TO_STANDBY = 0x03,
  CEC_POWER_STATUS_UNKNOWN                     = 0x99
} cec_power_status;

Edited by s3n0, 17 January 2021 - 18:26.

Re: HDMI-CEC with LG TV set to standby #16 Jork

• 755 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted 17 January 2021 - 20:18

Your LG seems not to support Auto Power Sync setting ? What is your TV set version/date?

Re: HDMI-CEC with LG TV set to standby #17 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 17 January 2021 - 21:29

It may be some BUG in my LG-TV. Uhm...

it's rather a 'bug' in all (at least older) LG TVs ;)
LG's simplink simply (sic ;)) does(did?) not support standby cec commands in TVs, I suppose if it were possible to workaround this, it would have been probably already done in libcec...
and the status on pulse-eight's vendor compatibility is same for years now:

Vendor support:
LG | Power Off: Yes(1)
(1) Supported by all devices except TVs

http://libcec.pulse-.../vendor/support

and I solved this problem a few years ago by buying for a dime a second hand logitech harmony 555 :D

True sarcasm doesn't need green font...

Re: HDMI-CEC with LG TV set to standby #18 s3n0

• 641 posts

+62
Good

Posted 17 January 2021 - 22:20

Thanks.

I don't have this problem with turn on / off the LG TV because I can do it via the RS-232 interface between the LG-TV and the set-top box, as I wrote before.

I'm trying to find out exactly where the problem is in my LG-TV (CEC Simplink). This is a 32SL8000-ZB model, made in 2010-May, with the latest original firmware v3.75, as it existed on the internet. Unfortunately, I did not get to the Russian OpenLGTV (LG mod) firmware project, because this project was canceled and the flashing procedures are special - a little different for each chipset. And also not all LG TV models were supported.

I also know that Pulse-Eight has not had to solve problems once, but it's not a problem when LG-TV has rejected all commands to switch the TV to standby.

Edited by s3n0, 17 January 2021 - 22:25.

Re: HDMI-CEC with LG TV set to standby #19 s3n0

• 641 posts

+62
Good

Posted 18 January 2021 - 02:59

Typo correction:
:)

I meant that I know that Pulse-Eight was already trying to solve the problem with broken CEC commands to turn off LG-TV (they are ignored by LG TV), but basically this problem was not solved.

So I wonder if this is hardware limited (intentional BUG in the LG TV algorithm). For example, for the clear purpose of switching on and off, only LG-TV controls it and not the other way around. So LG does not want any set-top box to command the TV to turn off. It is only allowed for the LG TV to control the switching on and off of other HDMI CEC devices. This is perhaps just a conspiracy theory. :D

Edited by s3n0, 18 January 2021 - 02:59.

Re: HDMI-CEC with LG TV set to standby #20 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,010 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 18 January 2021 - 09:30

Top models LG TV and HDMI CEC work fine.

Budget models seem to have a special limitation.

Edited by Dimitrij, 18 January 2021 - 09:31.

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users