Photo

VU Uno: not able to record on Eurosport 2 HD | 13E | 11258H

vuuno recording

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Re: VU Uno: not able to record on Eurosport 2 HD | 13E | 11258H #21 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 17 March 2016 - 14:54

No the wording is correct, although it assumes a little bit of background knowledge. You can enable recording ECM's indepently of recording descrambled or not. If you record ECM's with descrambling on, and if for some reason the descrambing failed halfway through the recording, you can descramble the recording afterwards and only the parts where descrambling failed will be descrambled. This has limited use though, because many subscriber cards actively or passively sabotage this scheme. Also a recording with ECM's included triggers enigma to try to decramble it afterwards, which is not always what you want.

So, actually a long story and most people should really leave this to the default "off" position.

Your problem with Eurosport has nothing to do with the actual recording of the ECM pid. I guess it works because the recording ends up with the packets just a little bit farther spread out (because interleaved by ECM packets). Or it might trigger/untrigger a driver bug.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: VU Uno: not able to record on Eurosport 2 HD | 13E | 11258H #22 malakudi

• 1,449 posts

+69
Good

Posted 17 March 2016 - 15:15

He also reported that had the same issue with Euronews, which is FTA and doesn't have any ECM pid. Does this work now?

Re: VU Uno: not able to record on Eurosport 2 HD | 13E | 11258H #23 greatred

• 268 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 17 March 2016 - 15:53

Now everything is working fine with option left to default: off

As soon as I toggle to option to on, the problem is occurring. I can test it as many times as I want and it is always coming down to the setting of this config.

Please test it this way on any box where offline decoding is not supported.

Your problem with Eurosport has nothing to do with the actual recording of the ECM pid. I guess it works because the recording ends up with the packets just a little bit farther spread out (because interleaved by ECM packets). Or it might trigger/untrigger a driver bug.

I admit I have no idea what do you mean in this quote :)

Anyway the issue with Eurosport,BabyTV (both encrypted, having >10 Audio PID`s) is reproducible at request

As for Euronews, unfortunately I`m not able to reproduce it now with the described steps.

Re: VU Uno: not able to record on Eurosport 2 HD | 13E | 11258H #24 greatred

• 268 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 17 March 2016 - 16:04

Sorry for doing this multiple postings but editing own posts seems to be a task for speedy gonzalez :)

Also a recording with ECM's included triggers enigma to try to decramble it afterwards, which is not always what you want.

While I was unaware that the setting was enabled, I had issues with Services with mutliple (>10) Audio PID`s.

Other services with up to 4 Audio PID`s recorded flawlessly.

Is that making any sense ? For me not so much :(

So either I`m doint the testing wrong or this config is indeed triggering some driver bug.

Re: VU Uno: not able to record on Eurosport 2 HD | 13E | 11258H #25 malakudi

• 1,449 posts

+69
Good

Posted 17 March 2016 - 16:34

I think it is quite obvious: Eurosport has many ECM pids (for many different packages due to simulcrypt). Adding ECMs to the recording hits a limit in the drivers of max streams per demuxer. Multiple ECM pids + multiple audio pids triggers the issue.

Re: VU Uno: not able to record on Eurosport 2 HD | 13E | 11258H #26 greatred

• 268 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 17 March 2016 - 18:44

This makes now perfectlly sense for me, many thanks.
I was not considering the fact that Including ECM's applies to all CAID's present in a stream :)
Glad we sorted it out - many thanks for your patience.

Re: VU Uno: not able to record on Eurosport 2 HD | 13E | 11258H #27 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 17 March 2016 - 19:14

and btw, this driver limitation is brand/stb specific, on vuzero I can easily reproduce described issue, while on et9500 recordings are fine...

True sarcasm doesn't need green font...

Re: VU Uno: not able to record on Eurosport 2 HD | 13E | 11258H #28 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 17 March 2016 - 19:24

I think it is quite obvious: Eurosport has many ECM pids (for many different packages due to simulcrypt). Adding ECMs to the recording hits a limit in the drivers of max streams per demuxer. Multiple ECM pids + multiple audio pids triggers the issue.

That may very well be the cause. Especially on VU+ which has a limited number of pid filters. So both malakudi and blzr are spot-on ;)

Edited by Erik Slagter, 17 March 2016 - 19:25.

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: VU Uno: not able to record on Eurosport 2 HD | 13E | 11258H #29 athoik

• PLi® Core member
  • 8,458 posts

+327
Excellent

Posted 17 March 2016 - 19:35

That may very well be the cause. Especially on VU+ which has a limited number of pid filters. So both malakudi and blzr are spot-on ;)

So, this one is really nice "stress" test for drivers ;) I wonder who will fail and who will pass... ;)
Wavefield T90: 0.8W - 1.9E - 4.8E - 13E - 16E - 19.2E - 23.5E - 26E - 33E - 39E - 42E - 45E on EMP Centauri DiseqC 16/1
Unamed: 13E Quattro - 9E Quattro on IKUSI MS-0916

Re: VU Uno: not able to record on Eurosport 2 HD | 13E | 11258H #30 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 17 March 2016 - 19:40

IIRC this has been reported to VU+ years ago, and also IIRC they already stretched the limit somewhat, but apparently not enough. It might also be that the 2gen receivers (solo2, duo2) have a higher limit.

Edited by Erik Slagter, 17 March 2016 - 19:41.

Re: VU Uno: not able to record on Eurosport 2 HD | 13E | 11258H #31 hyperonex

• 82 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 5 April 2016 - 17:01

I confirm the problem with vu solo se v2. Even when I set the ecm saving to true I get always zero size ts files. This is true for fta and encrypted services?

Re: VU Uno: not able to record on Eurosport 2 HD | 13E | 11258H #32 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 6 April 2016 - 14:44

Yes it's not necessarily only a problem with encrypted services.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users