timer recording sanity is broken

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#1 jeanclaude

• 866 posts

+28
Good

Posted 22 March 2016 - 14:21

I have been suspecting this for a long time, and I can prove it now.

my dreambox (with 4 tuners) was recording 4 timers. Now when I tried to set a new recording I got a recording conflict, but not on the new timer, but on the currently running timers. The conflict list showed me the 4 running timers + 2 additional timers which were probably in conflict. This happens frequently when using the autotimer plugin that conflicts are inserted into the timer lists. But that's another issue.

so, on the timer conflict screen, I went to the 1st additional timer and used the yellow button to de-activate the timer.

I then got the "conflict not resolved" popup and was returned to the conflict list. However, the first running timer had also been disabled ! So I went to the 2nd additional timer and de-activated this one also.

the conflict seemed resolved as I was now returned to my EPG list where I was trying to set my timer, which worked now without a problem.

however - looking at my timer list, I see that one of the 4 running recordings has been deactivated :

Attached File  een.jpg   75.07KB   7 downloads

and when I try to re-activae using the yellow "on" button, I am shown a tumer conflict screen :

Attached File  twee.jpg   48.21KB   3 downloads

this is nonsense, as I am currently watching the channel I want to record :

Attached File  drie.jpg   90.47KB   3 downloads

and as I've said before, this timer was initially recording when the first "timer conflict screen" appeared.

this is not the first time I've noticed strange things with this timer sanity logic.

It's not normal that timers in conflict are being set by the autotimer plugin

as soon as a timer conflict arises, no more autotimers are activated, they are all inserted as "deactivated"

once the timer conflict is resolved, you can simple re-activate all these disabled timers by pressing the yellow "on" button

it's not normal that a timer which was created by the autotimer plugin as "disabled" can simple be activated without a conflict arising

this signals a serious bug in the autotimer plugin

it's also not normal that the timer sanity screen disables the first timer in the conflict screen, which may actually be an active recording, and that this timer cannot be re-activated again. You actually have to delete the timer & re-enter it before it becomes active again.

the timer sanity screen should NEVER de-activate any timer from the list, I will decide for myself which timers need to be de-activated.

I can live with some of the bugs, but this is becoming very annoying, most certainly when recordings are being lost by this. I am currently checking & re-checking all timers on a daily basis to correct these bugs. This should not be necessary.

DreamBox 7000S+8000HD (eindelijk), openPLi, CCcam, 85 cm schotel, draaibare opstelling en VEEL te weinig slaap.

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #2 jeanclaude

• 866 posts

+28
Good

Posted 22 March 2016 - 14:25

and incase you're wondering : 172.19.3.97 is my 2nd dreambox in my local network, so it's reading my local card  B)

Edited by jeanclaude, 22 March 2016 - 14:25.

DreamBox 7000S+8000HD (eindelijk), openPLi, CCcam, 85 cm schotel, draaibare opstelling en VEEL te weinig slaap.

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #3 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 9,993 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 22 March 2016 - 15:17

If you knew how hard it is to fix.

You can go crazy, assessing all options in mind :) .

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #4 jeanclaude

• 866 posts

+28
Good

Posted 22 March 2016 - 15:26

yes....... I understand completely.

I would start by throwing out the "remote fallback tuner" and the "use timer sanity check" questions. Remote fallback tuner is fine for watching tv & using a remote tuner when all local tuners are in use.

I think this is where the problems started to arise. Before both the autotimer plugin & the sanity checks were working flawlessly, never had any problems with them.

look,

I'd be happy if you can stop the timer conflict screen from de-activating timers by itself, that would be a big problem solved.

and why can't we re-activate those timers ? Has to be some internal switch that's wrongly set. In some cases I don't get the yellow button option any more, in other cases I see "on" but when I press the yellow button nothing happens ?

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #5 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 9,993 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 22 March 2016 - 15:38

I'm trying to reproduce these conflicts.

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #6 jeanclaude

• 866 posts

+28
Good

Posted 22 March 2016 - 15:48

if you need anythin (timerlist, autotimer timers) just yell

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #7 jeanclaude

• 866 posts

+28
Good

Posted 22 March 2016 - 16:56

been playing around a bit - I think that the "time conflict" screen expects the first entry to be the entry that triggered the conflict, which is correct if you're setting a new timer - your new timer will be on top of the list with status "deactivated".

it goes wrong when an existing conflict is encountered, in this case you know there's a time conflict but it needen't be the first entry that caused it. Yet, if the conflict is not resolved, it's the first entry that's assigned the status "deactivated" and this is not correct. After showing the "conflict not resolved" popup the timer conflict screen should simply reappear with all previous timers unchanged. Only manually de-activated timers using the yellow button should be dropped from teh list, until the conflict is resolved.

hope this makes sense  :P

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #8 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 9,993 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 22 March 2016 - 17:54

The conflict list showed me the 4 running timers + 2 additional timers which were probably in conflict.

I need screenshot this situation(conflict sreen).

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #9 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 9,993 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 22 March 2016 - 18:39

And

it's not normal that a timer which was created by the autotimer plugin as "disabled" can simple be activated without a conflict arising

Where it can be included?

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #10 jeanclaude

• 866 posts

+28
Good

Posted 22 March 2016 - 23:11

The conflict list showed me the 4 running timers + 2 additional timers which were probably in conflict.

I need screenshot this situation(conflict sreen).

that's going to be difficult as the conflicts are currently solved......

I'll keep an eye out when this happens again and I'll post new images

and what do you mean with "where it can be included" ?

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #11 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 9,993 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 23 March 2016 - 06:36

activated without a conflict arising...

Where is it possible(menu+button)?

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #12 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 9,993 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 23 March 2016 - 09:19

The most important question.
What adds a timer without checking for conflicts...

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #13 jeanclaude

• 866 posts

+28
Good

Posted 23 March 2016 - 10:04

it's the autotimer plugin that adds the timers in conflict, that I'm sure

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #14 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 9,993 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 23 March 2016 - 10:29

jeanclaude

Please complete the checkout.

Add a file from the archive in

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screen/

Pre-save file TimerEdit.pyо on your computer.

restart E2

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #15 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 9,993 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 23 March 2016 - 10:33

it's the autotimer plugin that adds the timers in conflict, that I'm sure

AT can not add to do so.
If AT adds new timers, so at the moment there is no conflict or big problem in module TimerSanityCheck.py.

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #16 jeanclaude

• 866 posts

+28
Good

Posted 23 March 2016 - 11:58

Dimitrij, I'm telling you : it's autotimer

but it doesn't happen all the time. This morning I didn't find any problems so I can't give an example, but it happens often enough so when it does I'll send you the screenshots.

as for your script adaptation, I'll have to wait until all recordings are finished & I can reboot the system - won't be before late this afternoon.

Edited by jeanclaude, 23 March 2016 - 11:59.

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #17 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 9,993 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 23 March 2016 - 12:15

Now when I tried to set a new recording I got a recording conflict, but not on the new timer, but on the currently running timers.

I am very interested screenshot conflicts menu,where there is no a new timer.

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #18 jeanclaude

• 866 posts

+28
Good

Posted 23 March 2016 - 12:45

you'll get it when I get it again  B)

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #19 jeanclaude

• 866 posts

+28
Good

Posted 23 March 2016 - 14:58

new timeredit copied & compled during restart.

is this the timer conflict screen you've modified or the screen for setting a new timer ?

what do you expect back ?

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #20 jeanclaude

• 866 posts

+28
Good

Posted 23 March 2016 - 17:25

got it : I wanted to set a timer on the following programme :

Attached File  step01.jpg   100.84KB   0 downloads

but when trying to add this timer I got the following timer conflict screen :

Attached File  step03.jpg   76.07KB   0 downloads

those timers have nothing to do with the timer I wanted to add. So, looking at the timers list, I decide to deactivate the 2nd timer of the list "I didn't do it" (quite appropriate don't you think  B) ). Anyhow after moving to the 2nd timer and pressing the yellow "off" button, I get the following screen :

Attached File  step04.jpg   35.31KB   0 downloads

followed by :

Attached File  step05.jpg   78.51KB   1 downloads

as you can see, not only was the 2nd timer de-activated, but also the 1st ! As I want to keep the 1st recording, I try to activate it using the yellow button, but nothing happens. The conflict still doesn't seem to be solved, so I go to the 2nd "I didn't do it" it timer and de-activate it with the yellow button. The timer conflict screen now disappears, and I'm taken back to the EPG list I started off with, but still with no recording set. I am now able to set the requested recording, no more errors pop up.

but now I'm still missing the "Rizolli & isles" timer which was de-activated by the timers conflict screen. So I enter the timers list and locate this timer :

Attached File  step07.jpg   89.65KB   1 downloads

pressing the yellow "on" button ....... seems to activate the timer again. this is new as up to now the yellow button didn't react and I had to delete the timer entirely and re-create the timer manually. Could be due to the fact that this timer was originally set manually, and not by autotimer. Nevertheless, I suppose you can see that there is a problem - conflicting timers are being inserted from somewhere and the only source that's setting timers is me manually and the autotimer plugin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users